If a defective product injured you, you may be legally entitled to seek compensation for your damages.
Product liability cases involve injuries or illnesses caused by manufacturing, design, or other defects, including defective vehicles or auto parts.
Our legal team can work on your case and hold a manufacturer, designer, or marketer liable for your injuries. We offer a no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation, and you pay us nothing unless and until we win a settlement or verdict on your behalf.
Three types of defects found in products
Before manufacturers put products out into the public market, they must ensure the products are safe for sale and use. However, defects can still get overlooked during the product testing stage.
The three types of defects found in products include:
- Design defects: These defects occur before the product is made, as they involve errors in the product’s original concept and design.
- Manufacturing defects: These defects occur during the production stage and can involve errors in how the product was made or the quality of materials used to make the product.
- Incorrect labeling: Errors or omissions on the product’s labeling, including lack of warnings on product hazards, improper instructions on how to use the product safely, or false advertisement that jeopardizes the consumer’s safety.
Your product liability attorney can investigate your case and collect evidence to support how a defective product caused your injuries or illness.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Atlanta, call 404-214-2001
Suing a liable product manufacturer
With help from a product liability attorney, you can build a case to sue and seek damages from a negligent product manufacturer to cover your losses, such as:
- Medical treatment expenses, including the costs for surgeries, doctor’s appointments, emergency room visits, and other medical services.
- Property damage, which can apply to the defective product or other property damaged by the product.
- Pain and suffering, both physical and emotional.
- Loss of income – current and future.
- Loss of quality of life.
- Reduced earning potential.
- Permanent disability or changes in appearance, such as scarring or burns.
Atlanta Product Liability Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Our team can help prove your product liability case
If you would like legal assistance to prepare your claim or lawsuit, our law firm can help you fight for compensation. Some services we offer to our clients include:
- Investigating the cause of your accident and identifying the liable party.
- Gathering evidence on how the product was defective and what kind of damages you experienced.
- Serving as your legal advocate during settlement negotiations and/or a court trial.
- Preparing and submitting paperwork on your behalf.
Call our team to schedule a free consultation. During the meeting, you will learn more about what a product liability lawyer can do for you.
Click to contact our Product Liability lawyers today
Filing your product liability claim by its deadline
According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you generally have two years from the date of injury to file a personal injury lawsuit about a defective product.
Failing to meet this deadline can bar you from pursuing compensation for your losses.
Statute of Repose
There is a statute of repose, limiting the time you can file a civil action against a manufacturer after purchasing the product and suffering an injury.
According to O.C.G.A. § 51-1-11, no civil tort action can be made on a product after 10 or more years have passed since its purchase.
Our team can monitor both major deadlines for you and inform you when you need to file your lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Product liability cases involving defective car parts
One common type of product liability case involves defective car parts.
Below is a list of common defective vehicle parts that we have dealt with in previous cases:
- Tires:If tires are not properly designed or are defective, they can cause tread separation, which can lead to rollover accidents or tire blowouts.
- An airbag could deploy in the absence of an accident, causing the driver to lose control and suffer serious injury.
- Airbags can also fail to deploy upon impact, causing bodily injuries or death.
- Seatbelts fail to lock when the driver brakes forcefully.
- False latching, and
- Weak webbing (as in, easily torn).
- Brake failure can lead to serious injury and even death.
- Leaking fluid under your vehicle.
- Squealing or squeaking when using your brakes.
- Wobbling or pulling to one side while driving.
If any part of your car malfunctions, causing you injury, please do not hesitate to contact our firm.
The Kaine Law team is ready to serve you. We realize that dangerous products can cause serious bodily injuries that can affect multiple aspects of your life.
Start working with an injury lawyer today
A personal injury lawyer from our law firm can help you seek compensation. Call us today at (404) 214-2001 to get a free consultation. Hablamos Español.