Injuries from a slip and fall accident can result in both economic and non-economic losses for which you can pursue a liable party, such as a negligent property owner.
Your potential settlement depends on the extent of your injuries.
Our slip and fall injury attorneys can assist you with:
- Investigating and building your case.
- Calculating your damages.
- Filing a claim or personal injury lawsuit.
- Negotiating the recovery of your losses with the insurance company.
Your initial consultation is free, and you will not have to pay attorney’s fees unless we obtain compensation for you.
Damages you can recover through a slip and fall claim
Below is a list of the damages our legal team can fight to recover:
- Medical bills, including emergency room visits, rehabilitative care, and accommodations to your home.
- Lost wages from the time you spent away from work because of your injuries.
- Pain and suffering resulting from the accident, causing you to experience a loss in the quality of your life.
- Burial and funeral expenses if you lost a loved one in the slip and fall accident. Representatives of the estate, usually a spouse or child, can file a claim or lawsuit to pursue compensation.
When a slip and fall injury leaves a victim temporarily or permanently disabled, it is essential to take future medical costs and lost wages into account, as well.
We can calculate these losses to prevent you from accepting a settlement that would not fairly cover your future expenses related to your injury.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Atlanta, call 404-214-2001
Proving who is at fault for your slip and fall accident
Our slip and fall injury lawyers can establish the negligent property owner’s liability after investigating your case.
Georgia Laws Regarding Safe Maintenance of Properties
Under O.C.G.A. § 51-3-1, property owners must maintain reasonably safe premises for customers, guests, and invitees.
Some examples of negligence on the part of a property owner include:
- Slippery surfaces: Spilled food products can create hazards in restaurants and grocery stores.
- Broken steps: Property owners have a responsibility to keep their premises safe by maintaining and inspecting their premises.
- Poor lighting in stairwells and parking lots: A slip and fall injury can result from poor lighting.
- Uneven surfaces: An uneven driveway or sidewalk can lead to a serious trip and fall accident.
If a property owner fails to maintain a reasonably safe premise, you are legally entitled to seek compensation for your slip and fall injuries.
If the property owner’s insurers refuse to offer you a fair settlement or if your losses exceed the damages covered by the insurance policy, we can take legal action.
We can file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf, handle all of the paperwork associated with the case, and represent you in a trial if needed.
Atlanta Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Deadline to file a slip and fall injury claim
Under O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, the statute of limitations to take legal action against a liable party is two years from the date of your slip and fall accident.
If negotiations with insurers do not yield a fair settlement, you will want to give our legal team as much time as possible to build a legal case.
Click to contact our Slip and Fall Injury lawyers today
Slip and fall injuries that qualify for compensation
The more severe your slip and fall injuries are, the greater the losses they cause you and your family. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), falls can lead to costly injuries, including:
- Hip fractures
- Broken bones, especially in the wrists, ankles, and arms
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBI). These injuries can require on-going rehabilitative care and lead to temporary or permanent disabilities
We can help you pursue compensation that covers both your current and future losses related to your slip and fall accident.
At Kaine Law, our priority is to minimize the effect of your slip and fall accident by pursuing fair compensation from a liable party. Compensation may apply to economic losses, like medical expenses, and non-economic losses, like pain and suffering.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Work with a Georgia slip and fall injury lawyer
We want to learn about your case and help you obtain the compensation you’re entitled to. To schedule a free, initial consultation, contact us today by phone at (404) 214-2001. You pay us no fees unless and until you receive a settlement or verdict. Hablamos Español.