How much money a passenger in a car accident can get depends on:
- Who is at fault for their injuries
- The type of injuries that they suffer
- The specific types of harm that their injuries cause
- Whether their injuries prevent them from working
These are just a few considerations. Every car accident victim has a one-of-a-kind case. A lawyer from our firm will digest the facts of your case to determine fair compensation.
When Are Passengers Entitled to Compensation?
Passengers may receive compensation for:
- Damage to personal property
Family of a passenger killed in a car accident may also receive money for their losses. A passenger is generally entitled to compensation when a car accident causes harm. Whether they choose to pursue compensation may depend on:
- Who caused the accident
- The passenger’s relationship to the liable party
- How severe the passenger’s damages are
Who Owes a Passenger Compensation After a Car Accident?
The details of your accident will determine who owes you compensation. You may recover compensation from:
- The insurance company for a driver who struck your vehicle
- The insurance company for the driver of the vehicle in which you were a passenger
- A motorist (through a lawsuit)
- A motor vehicle manufacturer
- A motor vehicle parts manufacturer
- Any other liable party
The standard of negligence will help determine fault for your losses. As the American Bar Association (ABA) explains, negligence occurs when someone acts unreasonably. This individual might be a driver, mechanic, or vehicle manufacturer. When unreasonable acts lead to harm, then you may file a claim or sue.
How Can You Receive Compensation as a Passenger?
You generally have two options for seeking compensation:
- An insurance claim
- A personal injury lawsuit
In cases where a passenger dies, loved ones may bring a wrongful death lawsuit. A lawyer from our firm can help you with either of these actions.
For a free legal consultation, call 404-214-2001
What Can Passengers Receive Compensation for?
Passengers may receive compensation for accident-related losses. A lawsuit may provide the greatest opportunity for financial recovery. A successful suit may entitle you to coverage for:
- Accident-related medical expenses
- Physical therapy costs
- Temporary lost income
- Permanent lost income
- Lost earning power
- Loss of bonuses and other professional benefits
- Repair and replacement of personal property
- Counseling and other treatments for trauma
Our firm seeks maximum compensation for every client. We will fight for every dollar that you deserve.
Why Should You Hire a Lawyer from Our Firm for Your Car Accident Case?
An attorney from our team will tell you how much money you should get as a passenger in a car accident. With this financial benchmark, you will know what a fair settlement offer is.
The benefits of hiring our firm range far beyond a settlement estimate, though. Our team will handle all of the following duties on your behalf.
We Identify Filing Deadlines
Lawsuits and insurance claims are generally time sensitive. O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 generally allows you two years to file a personal injury claim. Note: there can be exceptions to this statute of limitations. It is in your interest to contact our team no matter when your accident occurred.
Wrongful death cases generally have deadlines. Our team will:
- Quickly become familiar with your case
- Draft and file your case as soon as possible
- Keep track of and honor all deadlines for your case
A lawsuit or insurance claim is a major responsibility. Let us handle your case for you.
We Identify Responsible Parties
We cannot know who owes you money until we review your case. Our team will identify who owes you compensation, even if that person was driving the vehicle that you were riding in.
We Seek Documentation for Your Losses
Identifying your losses is a critical aspect of what we do. Not only do we determine what your losses are, we seek ample proof to show that they are very much affecting your life.
Documentation of your losses can include:
- Medical bills
- Proof of lost income
- Testimony from medical experts
- Testimony from your employer
- Testimony from family members
- Photographs of damaged property
We seek anything that will support your case for awards.
We Lead All Negotiations
Negotiations are where your case gets serious. We deal directly with other attorneys, insurance companies, mediators, and any other parties. Our team will lay out your case for awards and settle for nothing less than you deserve.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Call Kaine Law for a Free Case Review Today
You do not have to deal with an insurance claim or lawsuit on your own. The team at Kaine Law is prepared and willing to lead your case. We offer the No Fee Guarantee, which means we receive no fee unless we win your case.
Remember that your case could be time sensitive. Call Kaine Law today at (404) 214-2001 to complete a free consultation.