If you or a loved one got hurt in a motorcycle accident in Atlanta, an injury lawyer from Kaine Law can fight for you. Our team of lawyers has over 20 years of collective experience when it comes to personal injury law.
We have results that speak for themselves. We once recovered $650,000 for a motorcycle accident victim and their family. In a similar situation, we secured $450,000 for a victim and their loved ones.
Compensable Losses In Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Getting seriously hurt in a motorcycle accident can be expensive. While you recover from your injuries, your financial stability may be threatened by your inability to work.
Our team wants to leave no expense unaccounted for in your case. Some recoverable losses in your case include:
- Medical bills. This includes the cost of medications, hospitalization, rehabilitative care, emergency transportation, and more.
- Lost wages. This includes compensation for your lost employee benefits, income, tips, promotions, and bonuses.
- Reduced future earning capacity. Your condition may impact your ability to work as many hours as you do now. You may be unable to return to your preferred field altogether, depending on the nature of your job.
- Pain and suffering. You can recover compensation for the accident’s impact on your quality of life. We will calculate the cost of your pain and suffering based on the severity of your injuries and expected recovery time.
- Your accident may have left you with a permanent, life-altering impairment. If so, you could recover compensation for the impact of your disability on your life.
Depending on your case, you could recover other forms of compensation not listed here. If you lost a loved one, for instance, your compensation could include funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and your loved one’s healthcare expenses.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Atlanta, call 404-214-2001
How Our Personal Injury Firm Can Resolve Your Case
Our team is determined to recover compensation for your losses. Our services will depend on the needs of your case. We can manage everything that goes into filing a successful claim or lawsuit.
We Can Manage Your Insurance Claim
First, we will send the liable insurer a demand letter. In this letter, we will summarize your situation and include the cost of your damages.
If the insurer offers you a low settlement or denies your claim, we can:
- Negotiate a settlement
- Review your coverage options
- Protect you against bad faith insurance practices
- Talk to the claims adjuster for you
- Gather evidence to prove negligence
We can also file your claim in adherence with the insurer’s deadline.
We Can File a Lawsuit On Your Behalf
In some cases, we may recommend proceeding with a lawsuit in order to recover fair compensation. We can manage everything that goes along with the litigation process. We can:
- Call upon witnesses to testify on your behalf
- Present the cost of your damages
- File your case within the state’s deadline
During the process, we will communicate with the other party’s legal counsel on your behalf. We can also continue negotiating a settlement even after your lawsuit is filed.
Our Law Firm Works for No Upfront Fees
When prospective clients call our firm, one of the first things they want to know about is the cost of our help. We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that if we win your case, we take payment out of the money awarded to you.
Some important details also include:
- We do not charge hourly rates or retainers.
- We will agree upon our fees when we first start working together.
- Any payment we receive will come as a portion of your final settlement or awards.
- An Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm will have an added incentive to win your case, since we will not get paid if we are not successful.
If you’re in pain, call Kaine. Our Georgia law firm is committed to protecting your rights in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident.
How Georgia’s Statute of Limitations Could Affect Your Case
How long you have to take legal action will depend on who or what caused your accident.
- If you were struck by a negligent motorist, you typically have two years to file a lawsuit against them, per C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
- If you were harmed due to the negligence of the city of Atlanta, you have six months to file a lawsuit, per C.G.A. § 36-33-5.
- If you suffered injuries because of the negligence of a county, you have a year to file your lawsuit, according to C.G.A. § 36-11-1.
- If your motorcycle accident was caused because of the actions or inaction of the state, you have a year to file a lawsuit, per C.G.A. § 50-21-26.
Failing to file your lawsuit on time could result in several adverse consequences for your case. Namely, the courts could dismiss your lawsuit on the basis that you did not act in a timely manner.
Kaine Law can explain whether any exceptions to these deadlines apply to your motorcycle accident case. After reviewing your situation, an Atlanta injury lawyer from our team can explain how long you have to take action against the negligent party.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Injuries in a Motorcycle Accident Case
While you consider legal representation, you may be wondering if your injuries are serious enough to justify working with a lawyer from our firm. If you were injured due to another party’s negligence and have financial losses, we want to hear from you.
Some injuries that you may be dealing with right now include:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Bruises and internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Spinal fractures
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
Call Kaine Law for Help With Your Case
An Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer from our team could get started advocating for your rights today. You can learn more about your legal options by calling Kaine Law today at (404) 214-2001.