The Archives of Bone and Joint Surgeryreleased a study report that found that the most common motorcycle injuries were:
- Traumatic brain injuries and other head trauma
- Foot injuries
- Jaw and face injuries
- Forearm injuries, including wrist injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Femoral injuries
- Knee injuries
- Pelvic injuries
By a large majority, head injuries were the most common type of motorcycle injuries, especially in cases where motorcyclists were not wearing helmets. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that helmets reduce the risk of head injury by 69 percent and are 37 percent more effective in preventing death in accidents.
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident and now suffer from several financial and non-financial damages, you may qualify to pursue compensation from the at-fault driver or a related party. You can hire a lawyer from our firm to represent you, and we’ll start building your case right away.
You May Qualify to Receive Compensation for Your Motorcycle Injuries
If your motorcycle accident caused you to sustain injuries that hindered certain or all aspects of your life, then you may qualify to demand compensation from the party who caused or is liable for the accident. Through a personal injury claim or lawsuit, you can pursue financial rewards to recover your damages.
However, this process involves itemizing and categorizing your damages, then estimating a figure of how much compensation you intend to pursue based on those damages. Our legal team can help you with this process by discussing how your motorcycle accident injuries affected you, then retrieving evidence to show their value. This may involve retrieving receipts, tax documents, bill statements, and other financial documents, as well as testimonies from witnesses who can confirm price estimates.
What Damages Can You Claim in a Motorcycle Accident Case?
You may claim the following types of damages in your case:
- Medical treatment expenses, including costs for future treatment you might receive if your injuries are long-term or permanent
- Property damage costs, such as costs to repair or replace your motorcycle
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries affect your ability to return to your job position prior to the accident
- Lost wages if you had to take time off to recover from your injuries and seek medical treatment
- Future lost wages if you cannot work because of your injuries, whether temporarily or permanently
- Permanent disability
- Emotional distress, including psychological trauma
- Diminished quality of life
This list is not conclusive, so you may claim other specific damages personal to your case but not included in this article. Each personal injury case is unique in how victims have suffered, and we aim to be thorough in representing your case when confronting the opposing party.
Additionally, if you lost a loved one because of a motorcycle accident, we extend our deepest condolences to you. We can fight for your loved one’s voice in a wrongful death case and pursue other damages to help you and your family recover practical setbacks, such as paying for funeral expenses or getting financial support you no longer receive from your loved one.
For a free legal consultation, call 404-214-2001
Our Legal Team Can Help You Build a Personal Injury Case
When you hire a motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm to represent your case, you can expect the following types of legal services from us as our client:
- Case investigation: We may conduct a separate investigation from law enforcement into your case to retrieve evidence and key information about the accident. This may involve filing motions to request copies of surveillance footage, reading the crash report and comparing notes with eyewitness testimony, documenting the accident scene, and consulting experts for their analysis on your case.
- Administrative duties: Legal cases require an extensive amount of paperwork that can be overwhelming to people unfamiliar with personal injury law or the litigation process. Our team will handle document preparation and give you updates as your case moves forward. Additionally, if any parties reach out to you for statements, such as the insurance company, you can refer them to your lawyer or our firm, and we will handle those communications on your behalf.
- Legal representation: When you hire a lawyer, they become your personal representative from the moment you agree to work with them. However, legal representation is not exclusive to trial cases. Our legal team can represent you in various stages of your case, from initial phone calls from the opposing party to out-of-court negotiation meetings to discuss settlement terms. Our attorneys will prepare your case no matter which route it takes.
Has a Motorcycle Accident Got You in Pain? Call Kaine Law
If you or someone you love was injured in a motorcycle accident and now seek compensation to recover your damages, call Kaine Law today to get a free case review. You can speak with one of our team members about your case and learn more about what legal options are available for you to demand financial recovery.
We can assign a motorcycle accident attorney to your case to represent you throughout your legal journey as soon as you call the number on our website. Our legal team has spent multiple decades representing accident victims with the most common motorcycle injuries, and we want to do the same for you. If you’re in pain, call Kaine Law.