Negligence happens when another person or business causes an injury to a person through reckless or careless behavior. If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other losses related to the accident.
During a free case evaluation, you can discuss your case and possible compensation with a member of our team. When you’re ready to take the next step, your Smyrna personal injury lawyer can begin building a robust case to fight for a fair settlement on your behalf.
Working With Kaine Law On Your Personal Injury Case in Smyrna
When you are hurt, handling an insurance claim or a lawsuit may seem impossible. Our firm is ready to help you in your time of need. One essential task we do is prove how someone’s actions played a part in your case.
Our lawyers must successfully prove that someone (or some entity) did not live up to the legal duty of care that they owed you. We must prove that the other party’s actions or products violated this duty and subsequently caused your injuries.
When to Consider Seeking Legal Representation
Many people seek legal advice from a lawyer so they can recover without the added pressure of managing a complicated legal process. You may want to hire a lawyer if your case falls under one or more of the following scenarios:
- The accident resulted in long-term, severe, or permanent injuries
- Multiple parties are involved
- Liability is unclear or is disputed
- Insurance coverage is not enough to cover injuries and losses
- The insurance company has delayed, denied, or underpaid your settlement offer
A Lawyer from Our Firm Can Take Over Your Case
Once you have decided that getting legal help is the right decision for you, a Smyrna personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law can:
- Outline your legal options and the claims settlement process
- Shoulder the legal responsibility of managing a complex legal case
- Ensure your rights are protected and that you are treated fairly
- Seek the favorable outcome you deserve to help safeguard your financial well-being
- Provide a thorough investigation to determine the cause of the accident
- Gather evidence of negligence and identify liable parties
- Estimating the financial impact of the accident
- Manage communication with insurers and negotiate settlements
- Review settlement offers to ensure they will meet your needs
- Protect your rights and represent you in court where necessary
Your lawyer can also help you meet state deadlines. The Georgia statute of limitations, defined under O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, states that injured parties have two years to file a lawsuit. If you do not bring your lawsuit within this time, it is unlikely you will be able to pursue compensation.
Being proactive in seeking legal representation also gives your lawyer time to build a case and to gather vital evidence in a timely manner.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Smyrna, call 404-214-2001
Different Types of Compensation Available in Georgia Personal Injury Cases
While no amount of money can make up for the harm you have suffered, it can help ease the financial challenges present in personal injury cases. The team at Kaine Law understands the difficulties you and your family are facing right now and will work hard to help you seek compensation for:
- Current and on-going medical fees
- Rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Any impact on future earnings and benefits
- Wrongful death damages, if you lost a loved one
Whether your injuries were caused by a minor accident or resulted in life-changing damage, a lawyer from Kaine Law can help you pursue the compensation you are entitled to receive.
Smyrna Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Personal Injuries Happen and the Impact They Can Have
Accidents can and do happen almost anywhere. According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 25 million people are admitted to emergency departments for injuries caused by accidents nationwide each year.
Individuals and businesses alike must take reasonable precautions or actions to prevent hurting someone else through their actions or with their products.
Examples of Personal Injury Accidents
Personal injury claims commonly arise from:
- Auto accidents such as car, truck, or motorcycle collisions
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Slip, trip, or fall accidents
- Injuries caused by faulty products
- Workplace injuries
These accidents can leave injured parties in significant pain and in debt, especially if they are unable to work. This adds economic uncertainty to an already difficult situation.
Our firm’s familiarity with personal injury law allows us to focus our knowledge, resources, and more than 20 years of collective experience on your case.
Click to contact our Personal Injury lawyers today
Kaine Law Can Support Your Case
Our clients are the heart of everything we do at Kaine Law. We offer legal support and are here to answer your questions. We’ll also keep you informed about your case’s progress at all times.
For more information about how a Smyrna personal injury lawyer on our team can help, reach out for a free initial consultation with the team at Kaine Law at (404) 214-2001.