Because of the proximity of Smyrna to several large highways, it is very common to see trucks and other large vehicles on the road. This can be dangerous for motorists, as trucks have the potential for serious accidents.
If you were the victim of a truck accident, your life could be turned upside down. As the injured party, you have legal options to pursue compensation for your losses. A Smyrna truck accident lawyer from Kaine Law can evaluate your options as you focus on your recovery.
We Encourage You to Consider Your Options as Soon as Possible
Georgia’s statute of limitations explains how long you have to file a truck accident lawsuit. Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you generally have two years to file your lawsuit in civil court. Your filing period begins from the date of your collision. However, some details could give you more or less time to act.
When you partner with Kaine Law, we will evaluate your case’s deadlines and act accordingly. Yet, we must learn about your situation first to protect your legal rights.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Smyrna, call 404-214-2001
Our Law Firm Will Seek Each of Your Injury-Related Losses
Your lawyer will do everything possible to seek compensation for:
- The medical expenses related to your accident, including past and future visits to healthcare providers
- The emotional suffering you have experienced
- Lost wages, tips, bonuses, contracts, and promotions
- Punitive damages (where appropriate)
- The cost of replacing or repairing your vehicle
- Funeral expenses (if you lost a loved one)
This is not an exhaustive list of compensable losses.
How Could I Receive Damages?
If you secure compensation, either through a settlement or jury’s verdict, you could receive it as:
- A structured settlement. Here, you won’t get compensation all at once. Instead, you’ll get payments over a period of time until you’ve received the full sum.
- A lump sum. You could also receive payment all at once. Here, your lawyer will get the check, withdraw payment for their services, and give you the rest.
How Much Could I Receive for My Truck Accident Case in Smyrna?
How much you can recover for your losses depends on your situation, including:
- Your expected recovery period
- Your missed time from work
- Your mobility and independence
- Your day-to-day function and quality of life
- The value of your economic losses
If you contributed to the accident, this could also affect how much you can seek for your accident-related losses. O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33 notes that your percentage of fault could be deducted from your possible settlement value. So, if you contributed to 10 percent of the collision, you could only recover 90 percent of your losses.
Smyrna Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Our Lawyers Will Do Everything Possible to Recover What You Need
When you partner with Kaine Law, you’ll get:
- A team to help you fill out and file all necessary paperwork, saving you time and stress during an already difficult time in your life
- The answers to your case-related questions
- An estimate of what you’re owed
- Timely updates on your case’s progression
- Protection against bad faith insurance companies
With our team, you’ll also get legal aid on a contingency-fee basis. This means Kaine Law will get started on your case at no upfront cost to you. Then, you only pay your lawyer for their help if they secure compensation for your losses.
There is little financial risk in partnering with our team. If we can’t recover what you need, then you don’t pay our attorney’s fees.
Click to contact our Truck Accidents lawyers today
We Will Determine Your Accident’s Cause in Smyrna, GA
Figuring out liability in truck accidents can be complicated, and sometimes, there are multiple parties or factors at play. A truck accident lawyer in Smyrna can determine who caused your accident and who should pay for your losses.
After concluding our investigation, we may find that one or more of the following factors contributed to your collision:
- Distracted driving, including the use of cellphones or other technology on the road
- Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, medications, or other mind-altering substances
- Driver fatigue, which can be particularly common among truck drivers
- Failure to stop at lights, stop signs, or crosswalks
- Driver inexperience or the inability to properly operate a large truck
- Mechanical failures
- Improperly loaded cargo
You don’t have to determine the cause of your accident on your own. That’s your truck accident lawyer’s job. While you focus on recovering from your injuries and spending time with your loved ones in Smyrna, Kaine Law will build your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Clients Have Positive Things to Share About Us
Kaine Law has decades of legal experience. During that time, some of our previous clients have shared:
- “This was my first car accident and Kaine Law did NOT disappoint!!! I was so nervous about how my case would turn out and I was worried all my medical bills would not get paid but everyone at Kaine Law walked me through each step and kept me updated the entire time.” – Maria G.
- “I got into a car accident. I reached out to Kaine law. They helped me out with this whole case. I’m very pleased with the outcome. I worked with Julia and Chris. The whole team was great! Evan was my attorney and he made sure I was taken care of.” – Chris N.
We’ve Secured Millions for Injured Claimants Throughout Georgia
When you partner with our team, you can trust that we’ll do everything possible to secure what you’re owed. You don’t have to take our word for it, though. Check out some of our previous case results for motor vehicle accident claimants:
- We secured $11 million for a serious motor vehicle collision.
- We recovered $5.7 million for an accident caused by a government agency’s negligence.
- We secured $3.6 million for a fatal motor vehicle accident.
Contact Kaine Law Today for Your Free Case Review
Kaine Law is ready to start advocating for you today. If you or a loved one was hurt in a collision with a truck in Smyrna, you have options. To begin your free case review, call our injury firm today.