People who drive ATVs (all-terrain vehicles) bear the same responsibilities and risks on the road as other motorists. ATVs don’t have an enclosure to protect drivers, though. ATV drivers are exposed to the environment around them, putting them at great risk if they’re involved in an accident.
You (or a family member) may have been in a recent ATV accident. If so, you may have serious injuries and many related damages, but if the accident was someone else’s fault, our firm can help you recover compensation. During a free consultation, we’ll explain how a Lawrenceville personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law can help you.
Who’s at Fault for My ATV Accident in Lawrenceville?
It can be difficult to determine fault in an ATV accident case. The case may involve many factors, like the terrain, the design of the vehicle, and more. However, the lawyers from our firm can identify negligence and fault in ATV accident cases and other personal injury cases. In your case, the at-fault party may be any of the following:
The Driver of Your Vehicle
You may have been a passenger on an ATV, and the negligent party may be the driver of the vehicle. The driver may have endangered you by speeding or simply driving too fast for the weather conditions or terrain. If the driver was negligent in any way, the driver may be at fault for your accident.
Another ATV Driver
Operator negligence is a very common cause of ATV accidents. Your accident may have been caused by another ATV operator who had been recklessly attempting a stunt or driving negligently in some other way.
Alternatively, the owner of the ATV may have let an underage or inexperienced person drive the ATV. In this case, the ATV owner may be the liable party.
A Property Owner
You may have been operating your ATV legally on someone else’s property. If a hazard on the premises caused your accident, the property owner may be liable for the incident.
The ATV Manufacturer
There may have been an issue with your ATV. For example, it could have had an assembly-related defect that led to the accident. In this case, the manufacturer of the ATV would be liable or at least partially liable for the accident.
For a free legal consultation with a atv accident lawyer serving Lawrenceville, call 404-214-2001
How Do You Prove Liability in an ATV Accident Case?
Proving liability in any personal injury case is complicated. It requires presenting evidence of fault and establishing the elements of negligence. A Lawrenceville ATV accident lawyer from our firm can prove liability in your case for you.
Your lawyer will collect evidence for your case and present it to the other party’s insurer and lawyer. The evidence in your case may be:
- Photos of the hazards on the premises
- Onsite camera footage of the accident
- A witness’s statement about the incident
- The authorities’ accident report
- Your ATV itself
- Your helmet
- Your medical bills
To establish negligence in your case, your lawyer will:
- State that the other party owed you a duty of care, such as the responsibility of driving safety
- State that the other party breached their duty, such as by driving recklessly
- Show how the breach in duty caused the accident, such as the vehicle rolling over
- Show that the accident resulted in damages, such as a broken leg you suffered
Lawrenceville ATV Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
What Damages Can I Claim in My Lawrenceville ATV Accident Case?
Since ATV operators and passengers are at such a great risk, accident victims can suffer serious injuries and many other damages. After your accident, you may have many physical and financial damages, but you can claim them through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. One of our firm’s Lawrenceville ATV accident lawyers can help you list the damages you can claim.
Your list of damages may include:
- Your property damage: If your ATV was damaged or even destroyed in the accident, you can claim the cost of repairing or replacing it
- Your medical bills: These can be your bills for hospital care, a doctor’s treatment, a physical therapist’s treatment, prescriptions, surgery, and more
- Your lost income: If your injuries are preventing you from working, you can claim your lost income as a damage
- Your pain: You can also claim the physical pain and suffering your injuries are causing
- Related damages: If you have other related damages, such as mental suffering and/or physical impairment, you can claim these as well
Wrongful Death Damages
Some ATV accidents can be fatal. If your family member lost their life in a fatal ATV accident, you can demand wrongful death damages, such as funeral expenses, a lower family income, emotional suffering, loss of love, and loss of parental love. A Lawrenceville wrongful death lawyer from your firm can help you recover such damages.
Click to contact our ATV Accidents lawyers today
How Else Can a Lawrenceville ATV Accident Attorney Help Me?
There’s a lot one of our firm’s Georgia ATV accident attorneys can do for you. By taking over your case from you, your lawyer will let you focus entirely on getting better and taking care of your family. Additionally, your lawyer will be able to:
- Investigate your case
- Build your case with evidence
- Bolster your case with corroborating evidence, such as an accident reconstructionist’s statement
- Valuate your non-financial damages professionally, which will help to prevent the insurance company from devaluing them
- Help you meet Georgia’s filing deadline for a lawsuit under O.C.G.A § 9-3-33
- File your claim or lawsuit for you
- Prove fault in your case
- Negotiate your settlement on your behalf
- Litigate your case if negotiations don’t work out
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
About Our ATV Accident Lawyers in Lawrenceville
Our team has decades of experience with personal injury cases, including ATV cases like yours. In this time, we’ve been able to achieve outstanding results, and our lead lawyer, attorney Evan Kaine, was able to qualify for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We’re confident one of our ATV accident lawyers can help you with your case, too. You can be sure your lawyer will fight for a fair resolution.
To learn more about us, watch our video on the Top 5 Reasons Why Kaine Law Is Right for You.
We Have Lawrenceville, GA ATV Accident Lawyers Near You
If you live in the Lawrenceville, GA, area, one of our ATV accident lawyers can serve you. During a free consultation, we’ll go over your (or your loved one’s) case with you and explain how one of our lawyers can help. We work on contingency, so we don’t charge any upfront fees.
Contact Kaine Law today for your free consultation and case review.