Though golf carts pack low horsepower compared to motor vehicles, using just about any mode of transportation on wheels can result in an accident causing serious bodily harm. If you or someone you know was involved in a golf cart accident in the Gwinnett County area, a Lawrenceville golf cart accident lawyer at our firm can help.
Kaine Law is dedicated to bringing accident injury victims the compensation they deserve from careless drivers and companies who do not consider the safety of others. We’ll discuss the details of your case in a free case evaluation to get the process started.
Our Law Firm Fights for Victims and Families
Our personal injury firm has been providing legal care to injury victims and their families for multiple decades. We understand just how crucial it is to have the money you need to take care of your medical expenses and support yourself and your family while you heal.
You already bear the physical cost of your golf cart accident; you shouldn’t have to bear the financial one as well. When you work with a golf cart accident lawyer on our team, you get a law firm that:
- Will fight for you and your family
- Has extensive experience in personal injury because we only handle injury cases
- Comes with a reputation for achieving million-dollar results
- Won’t charge you any legal fees unless we win your case
- Cares about the health and well-being of each client
For a free legal consultation with a golf cart accident lawyer serving Lawrenceville, call 404-214-2001
Georgia Law Empowers Golf Cart Injury Victims to Hold the Negligent Party Accountable
If you suffered injuries in a golf cart accident in Lawrenceville, Georgia due to the negligence of another person or entity, you are legally able to recover financial compensation from them. Victims can seek compensatory damages for both economic and non-economic losses. Your recoverable damages can include the cost of:
- Medical treatment
- Physical rehabilitation
- Transportation and travel expenses related to your golf cart accident
- Assistive devices
- Prescription medication
- Lost wages and benefits
- Lost earning potential
Non-financial losses are compensable as well. You may be entitled to claim damages for things like:
- Severe temporary or permanent injuries
- Emotional distress (fear, depression, anxiety, nightmares, post-traumatic stress disorder, etc.)
- Reduced quality of life
- Decreased enjoyment of activities
Our Lawrenceville golf cart accident attorneys are determined to get the compensation you need and deserve. Once we have a thorough understanding of your case, we can provide specific information about the damages you can collect for your golf cart-related injuries and expenses.
Lawrenceville Golf Cart Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Is There a Time Limit for Filing a Golf Cart Accident Lawsuit in Lawrenceville?
There is a statute of limitations in Georgia that provides just two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit (O.C.G.A § 9-3-33). If you allow this legal deadline to expire, you may not be able to recover compensation in court.
If you were injured in a golf cart accident in Gwinnett County, we encourage you to speak to our golf cart accident lawyer serving Lawrenceville as soon as possible.
Click to contact our Golf Cart Accidents lawyers today
Your Lawrenceville Golf Cart Accident Attorney Will Work to Prove Negligence Caused Your Accident
One of the key components of structuring your compensation claim is demonstrating that negligence was the primary factor that led to your accident and that you suffered because of it.
Your Lawrenceville golf accident attorney will perform an inquiry into the cause and effect of the golf cart crash to determine the answers to these four essential questions:
- Did the at-fault party owe you a duty of care? In other words, did they have a responsibility to act in a way that would keep you safe?
- If they owed you a duty of care, did they do something or fail to do something that put you in harm’s way?
- If they acted in a way that put you in danger, was it the prevailing cause of your golf cart accident?
- If their actions (or lack thereof) were the primary cause of your accident, did it cause you to suffer injuries or losses?
An affirmative answer to these questions will be the foundation of your compensation claim.
Negligent Actions of the Golf Cart Driver That Can Lead to an Accident
If you were a passenger, bystander, or another party injured in a golf cart accident, your accident could have been caused by the driver’s error. Golf cart driver negligence may include:
- Distracted golf cart driving
- Reckless golf cart driving
- Operating a golf cart under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Golf cart operator inexperience
Negligent Actions of a Third Party That Can Cause a Golf Car Accident
Golf cart drivers, passengers, and bystanders injured in a golf cart crash in Lawrenceville may be victims of negligence on the part of the golf cart owner, manufacturer, third-party property owners, or automobile drivers. Some examples of negligence could be:
- Failure of the golf cart owner to maintain the vehicle
- Defective parts in the golf cart
- Errors made by motor vehicle drivers (distraction, failure to stop, speeding, etc.)
- Hazardous grounds, roads, fields, parking lots, or other premises maintained by a third party
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Georgia Golf Cart Laws That May Affect Your Golf Cart Accident Case
Per O.C.G.A § 40-6-330, golf carts may only be driven in the daytime unless outfitted with property safety features for nighttime operation.
Additionally, golf carts must be:
- Equipped with amber light to alert other drivers of their presence
- Only be driven on roads marked 35mph or lower
Violating any of these or other regulations could leave a golf cart owner or operator liable for damages caused by negligence. Our Lawrenceville golf cart accident lawyers will investigate to pinpoint any liable parties in your golf cart accident.
A Lawrenceville Golf Cart Accident Attorney at Kaine Law Will Work Hard for You
Golf carts are fun, but they are no joke. Accidents involving one of these low-speed vehicles can be severe and even deadly. If you’ve been injured in one, our Lawrenceville golf cart accident lawyer can help you recover compensation. Call Kaine Law for a free case review today
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form