Pet owners or other liable parties may be responsible when their dog bites a victim such as you or a loved one. A Conyers dog bite lawyer from Kaine Law can review your case at no cost and lead your pursuit of the justice and compensation you deserve.
Dog bites can be more serious than they first appear. Therefore, act quickly to seek compensation from liable parties and protect your health and finances.
Who Is Liable for the Effects of Your Dog Bite in Conyers?
A pet owner is generally liable when their dog bites another person. However, in some cases, a pet owner may not be the responsible party, such as when:
- A dog has no clear owner
- The dog had not been in the owner’s possession for a substantial period—though this circumstance may not clear the owner of liability
- The dog is in the care of a boarding service or veterinarian
The Kaine Law team will review the circumstances that led to your dog bite incident. Then, we’ll determine liability for your losses—more than one party may cover your damages.
What Is the Standard of Liability in Your Case?
O.C.G.A. 51-2-7 explains that “a person who owns or keeps a vicious or dangerous animal of any kind and who, by careless management or by allowing the animal to go at liberty” is generally liable for any harm the animal causes. Even if a dog has not acted viciously in the past, this statute places liability on the owner if their dog was required to be on a leash but was not when the attack occurred.
We could also use the negligence standard in your case. By this standard, someone is liable if they should have acted reasonably in a particular circumstance but did not. Examples of negligence may include:
- A pet owner allowing their dog to be off-leash when rules prohibit it
- A pet owner failing to keep a dog fenced-in, on-leash, or indoors when the dog has a history of aggression
- A boarding service or veterinarian failing to keep aggressive dogs away from customers
Identifying negligence may be challenging for non-lawyers. Our firm has experience not just with personal injury cases, but with dog bite cases in particular. We will pinpoint all instances of negligence and all parties that owe you compensation for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving Conyers, call 404-214-2001
Why You Should Consider Hiring Kaine Law to Represent You
Kaine Law’s mission is advocating for those harmed in Georgia, including in Conyers. We are a firm with deep Georgian ties, and we want to see justice done for those who suffer unnecessary harm in the Peach State.
Our clients get:
- Representation from trained attorneys who know Georgia personal injury law
- Access to paralegals, support staff, and our firm’s other resources
- Direct access to their attorney, who they can reach whenever they need them
- To focus on their recovery while our team leads their case
You shouldn’t have to worry about anything but your health. We will handle your legal case so you can get the treatment and rest that you need.
Clients Speak of Their Past Experiences with Kaine Law
We believe that our client testimonials explain why you should consider hiring us for your dog bite case:
- “Evan Kaine is a great attorney who kept me informed on all activity regarding my case. Always willing to go the extra mile to put me at ease. Very knowledgeable and thorough, always examining my case from every angle. I have recommended him to several friends and will continue to do so. Overall great legal service.” – B.S., former client
- “I fired my old attorney and hired Attorney Evan Kaine because I got to speak with him directly, not just a case manager. Then he got me $50,000 when my old attorney said that my case was dead!” – D.L, former client
These clients received exceptional experiences. We aim to deliver this level of client satisfaction to every person we represent.
Conyers Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How We Can Help After Your Dog Bite in Conyers
Our team can handle the entirety of your dog bite case, including:
- Investigation of the incident
- Determination of liability
- Calculation of your damages
- Documentation of those damages
- Collection of evidence related to the bite incident
- Settlement negotiations
Most civil cases settle. However, Kaine Law always stands prepared to take a dog bite case in Conyers to trial. Therefore, we will maintain all legal options, choosing the most sensible path for you.
Damages You Might Recover With Our Help
We will seek coverage of all your bite-related damages, which may include:
- Medical treatment for your injuries
- Lost income, bonuses, and retirement benefits
- Diminished earning power
- Pain and suffering
If your loved one passed away from bite-related complications, we could pursue a wrongful death claim for you. First, our team will identify and calculate the cost of your damages, both current and future. Then, we will use this total as our guide during settlement negotiations.
Click to contact our Dog Bite lawyers today
Contact Kaine Law Today to Seek Justice for Your Dog Bite in Conyers
Our firm offers free consultations. There are no obligations when you call. This initial discussion is your chance to ask any questions you have and get to know our firm better. A Conyers dog bite lawyer from our firm awaits your call.
You will pay no upfront fees to hire us, and we only receive a payment if we secure victory for you. So, don’t wait, as your case may have various deadlines. Contact us today!
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form