Recently, you or a loved one may have suffered an accident on another person’s private property, such as a slip and fall. If so, you might have serious injuries, financial losses, and other damages, but the other party may be responsible for your damages and may have to compensate you for them. The other party likely failed to ensure their property was safe for you.
Our firm can help you determine what all of your damages are, establish how the other party was negligent, and negotiate your settlement for you. During a free consultation, we’ll tell you more about working with a Stockbridge personal injury lawyer from our firm.
What Damages Can I Get for a Premises Liability Accident in Stockbridge?
Through a personal injury claim or lawsuit, you can demand all of the damages you’ve suffered and incurred as a result of your accident. Some of these damages may be intangible and difficult to identify, but one of our firm’s lawyers can help you identify them. Your list of compensable damages could include:
- The physical pain and suffering your injuries cause
- Any mental suffering your injuries cause
- Any short- or long-term physical impairment or disability you suffer
- The medical bills you incur
- The wages you can’t earn while you’re injured
- The cost of repairing or replacing any personal property damaged or destroyed in the incident
Wrongful Death Damages
You may have lost a family member in a premises liability incident. If this has happened to you and your family, we’re very sorry for your loss. You can demand wrongful death damages through a wrongful death lawsuit. These damages can include:
- Any pain your family member may have experienced
- Your mental anguish
- Any unresolved medical bills, such as emergency care bills
- Any lost income for your household
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental support
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Stockbridge, call 404-214-2001
How Do You Prove Premises Liability?
In your Stockbridge premises liability case, you’ll have to establish the other party is liable for the incident and your damages. To do this, you’ll have to establish they were negligent in some way. For example, the other party may have been negligent by:
- Leaving their property cluttered with hazards
- Leaving their property exposed to a slippery substance
- Letting their dog out freely on their open property
- Failing to keep equipment on the property maintained properly
- Failing to address complaints about problems with the property
To show the other party’s negligence, you’ll need evidence of negligence. You may be able to obtain certain evidence on your own, but a lawyer from our firm can obtain evidence more easily. In your case, the evidence may be:
- Footage from a security camera on the premises
- Photos of the property
- Equipment maintenance reports
- Reports of prior premises liability incidents
- Customer complaint logs
- Logs of an employee’s activity on the job
- Your medical bills
To fully establish the other party’s negligence, you or a Stockbridge premises liability lawyer from our firm must also show each of the four elements of negligence in your case. These elements are:
- Duty of care (the other party’s responsibility to act or not act in a way that could cause you harm)
- Breach of duty (the other party’s irresponsible action or inaction)
- Causation (the link between irresponsibility and the incident)
- Damages (the compensable losses you suffered or incurred)
Stockbridge Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Do You Negotiate a Premises Liability Settlement?
Negotiating a settlement with an insurance company can be even more difficult than establishing a party’s liability. The insurer will try to protect their client from liability in order to protect themselves. The insurer might also try to diminish the claimant’s case, such as by claiming their damages are minor.
One of our firm’s premises liability lawyers in Stockbridge can protect you from such a claim and preserve your case for you. For instance, your lawyer can determine the value of your damages prior to negotiations, and during negotiations, your lawyer can argue that a court would approve your lawyer’s valuation.
Your lawyer can also threaten to sue the other party or even the insurer, and if necessary, your lawyer will follow through on the threat and litigate your case.
Click to contact our Premises Liability lawyers today
Working with Your Stockbridge Premises Liability Lawyer
When you decide to work with a lawyer from our firm, your lawyer will be able to take your entire case from you and manage every task involved in building and resolving your case. You’ll be able to focus on your health and your family while your lawyer:
- Investigates your premises liability incident
- Finds evidence of the other party’s negligence
- Obtains corroborating evidence for your case, such as witness or expert statements
- Valuates your damages, including your intangible damages, like your mental suffering
- Prepares and presents your claim or lawsuit to the other side
- Establishes your damages with the insurer
- Establishes negligence and liability with the insurer
- Negotiates your settlement with the insurer
- Litigates your case in order to resolve it with a judge, instead
Meeting the Deadline for a Lawsuit
At a point in your case, a lawsuit may become your best option for compensation. Your lawyer can expedite your case in order to meet this deadline.
Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, your lawyer will have to file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of your premises liability incident.
Serving You on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Your attorney won’t charge you any upfront or ongoing fees for service. Instead, your attorney will collect a fee only if they successfully recover compensation for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
About Our Premises Liability Lawyers in Stockbridge
At our firm, our personal injury attorneys have decades of experience with premises liability cases like yours. Our attorneys have had excellent results, and our lead attorney, attorney Evan Kaine, has been able to qualify for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Less than 1% of the attorneys in the U.S. are members of this group.
To learn more about our team, watch our video on the Top 5 Reasons Why Kaine Law Is Right for You.
Contact Kaine Law for Your Stockbridge Premises Liability Attorney
You can also learn more about us by connecting with our firm. We can consult with you for free. During a consultation, we’ll tell you more about how one of our Stockbridge premises liability lawyers will serve you.
Contact Kaine Law today for your free consultation.