A slip and fall accident in Stockbridge may entitle you to compensation. Your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost income, and other damages may not be yours to pay.
Kaine Law will pursue fair coverage from liable parties. If you’re in pain, call Kaine. A Stockbridge slip and fall injury lawyer from our firm will start your case as soon as possible.
Which Damages Entitle You to Compensation?
You may receive compensation for any harm that comes from your fall. Each slip and fall accident victims suffers uniquely, but categories of damages we see in our clients include:
- Medical costs
- Professional damages
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
Within each of these categories, there are many specific losses that we can seek compensation for.
Fall-Related Medical Costs
Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the total medical cost to treat older adults’ fall-related injuries is $904 million each year. This is only a portion of the total medical cost of falls in Georgia, and indicates how expensive your own medical care may be.
Your fall may require:
- Emergency transportation from the scene of your fall to a medical facility
- Several doctor’s visits
If you suffer long-lasting symptoms or disability, you may need to modify your home and purchase a disability-friendly vehicle and medical equipment. We’ll include each of your fall-related medical costs in your target settlement figure.
Professional damages may stem from your inability to work. Therefore, the extent of these losses may depend on how long you’re unable to work. Some professional damages we’ll seek compensation for include:
- Lost productivity
- Lost wages
- Lost earning power
- Lost benefits
- Slowing of your professional progress, including lost opportunities for promotions
If you eventually return to work, but are hampered by symptoms of your injuries, then you may lose earning power. You may even have to change jobs to accommodate your symptoms.
Pain and Suffering
A fall can cause several forms of pain and suffering, including:
- The pain resulting from your injury
- Lost quality of life
- Emotional and psychological distress
- Conditions like depression and anxiety, which may emerge or become worse because of your fall
- Lost sleep
Our firm can assign a dollar figure to your pain and suffering.
A Wrongful Death
Mayo Clinic explains that fall-related injuries, like a traumatic brain injury, can be deadly. If your loved one passes away because of fall-related injuries, then you and loved ones may receive coverage for:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering (of both the decedent and yourself)
- Loss of parental guidance
- Lost financial support
- Other damages
The types of damages you have may depend on who is pursuing coverage after a loss. A spouse, child, parent, sibling, or grandparent may pursue a wrongful death claim, under certain circumstances.
A Stockbridge slip and fall injury lawyer from Kaine Law will identify your losses, then pursue fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Stockbridge, call 404-214-2001
Is Kaine Law the Right Firm for My Slip and Fall Case?
Only you can choose your lawyer. There are several reasons to consider Kaine Law for your case in Stockbridge. Our firm:
- Has fought for victims of negligence for multiple decades
- Offers a team of attorneys, paralegals, and investigators to help with your case
- Offers attorneys licensed in Georgia who know laws and rules governing Stockbridge
- Counts slip and fall cases as one of our primary practice areas, giving us experience with cases like yours
We place a firm emphasis on client service. You will have a direct line to your attorney, and will be able to reach us any time you have a question or concern about your case.
Kaine Law’s Client Testimonials Tell You What to Expect
Choosing an attorney is a case-defining decision, and you should always consider past clients’ experiences. Our former clients speak highly of lead attorney Evan Kaine and the Kaine Law team:
- “I decided to contact Evan Kaine [for my case]. He was upfront and honest about how the [legal] process works and never made any promises or raised my expectations. Evan understood that my first priority was to take care of the medical expenses that I incurred and he completely delivered. Communication is essential and I spoke directly with him and was never pawned off to another person. Bottom line – Evan Kaine gives lawyers a good name.” – M.T., former client
- “I met with Evan and he explained the law in terms I could understand. I immediately hired him and Evan turned my questionable case into more than $50,000.00! Evan is upfront, honest and expects the same from his clients – and he doesn’t take half of your money! I highly recommend Attorney Evan Kaine.” – G.S., former client
- “I didn’t know where to turn until I called Evan and his office went right to work for me. I strongly recommend Attorney Evan Kaine.” – M.W., former client
We have secured several successful case results for clients bringing premises liability cases. Ask us about these results during your free consultation.
Stockbridge Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
We Will Lead Your Legal Case So You Can Focus on Recovery
Depending on your injuries, you may be receiving medical treatment for the foreseeable future. Our team will handle the entirety of your legal case. You’ll be free to rehabilitate, receive treatment, and rest.
As you focus on your health, we will:
- Gather evidence from your accident
- Collect witness accounts
- Identify liable parties
- File case-related paperwork, including an insurance claim or lawsuit
- Complete settlement negotiations
If we need to go to trial, we will. Our goal is to obtain the compensation you’re entitled to, one way or another.
Call Kaine Law Today for Your Free Consultation
An attorney serving Stockbridge can start work on your slip and fall injury case today. First, you must complete your FREE consultation. There are no obligations when you call us, and you’ll have the chance to ask us any questions that you have.
Do not wait to call. Statutes like O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 generally restrict the time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. Time permitting, we’ll make sure your case proceeds on-time. Call Kaine Law today.