Like roadways, waterways are bound by laws to protect everyone using them. When someone ignores those rules, others are put at risk. When this recklessness causes injury, our Stockbridge boating and watercraft accident lawyers can provide legal help.
If you were hurt in such an incident, we can investigate what happened, why, and pursue the maximum amount of compensation. Kaine Law is here to serve you.
Recovering the Personal and Financial Cost of a Watercraft Accident
A lot can happen on the water, and your accident will undoubtedly affect you in deeply personal ways. Our personal injury lawyers will evaluate your case based on the specifics of your experience.
Compensable losses include:
- Past and future medical bills – Emergency costs, rehabilitative care, medication, medical equipment, and out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost income – Including lost salary, wages, commissions, tips, freelance income, monetized hobbies, and vacation time or sick leave
- Reduced earning capacity – Job retraining, career changes, and long-term income losses
- Disability and disfigurement– Practical expenses for disability care and compensation for reduced quality of life
- Non-economic damages – Emotional distress, mental anguish, and physical suffering
- Property damage costs – Damage to your watercraft and personal items
Our Stockbridge Lawyers Advocate for Grieving Families
In 2021, the U.S. Coast Guard recorded 658 recreational boating accident deaths. Alcohol use and a lack of safety instruction were involved in many of these fatalities. Other negligence may have played a role in your loved one’s passing.
When a boating or watercraft accident costs someone their life, surviving family members can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit on behalf of the deceased. This could allow you to recover:
- End-of-life medical care
- Burial or cremation costs
- Funeral service expenses
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of consortium (companionship)
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income from the deceased
We can’t bring back your loved one, but we can help alleviate the burden of filing paperwork, negotiating settlements, and pursuing legal action. You can grieve while we work.
For a free legal consultation with a boating & watercraft accident lawyer serving Stockbridge, call 404-214-2001
What Kaine Law’s Attorneys Do for Stockbridge Accident Claimants
You are an individual person with individual struggles. Our job is to ensure the other side recognizes that and treats you accordingly.
We can manage:
- Insurance, settlement, and lawsuit paperwork
- Communications with adjusters and other lawyers
- The compilation of evidence and witness testimony
- Support in getting treatment and repairs
- Representation in settlement negotiations
- Preparations for going to court, if necessary
We won’t abandon you when talking to the insurer, making sense of paperwork, or preparing for court. We make sure you always know what’s happening with your case.
We Act Fast to Preserve Evidence and Protect Your Rights
Georgia’s statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is generally two years, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. Don’t wait until that deadline to act. We can use the time before then to build your case, negotiate a settlement, and investigate your losses.
During this period, our boating and watercraft lawyers can also interview witnesses to your Stockbridge accident, gather photos, and review accident reconstruction data. Insurance companies generally want to settle quickly and cheaply, but by getting started on your claim early, we can pursue the funds you need.
You don’t Have to Worry About Attorney’s Fees
Not only is your consultation with us free, but we also don’t charge anything until we win or settle your case. No hidden fees or unexpected costs. We focus our attention on getting your compensation rather than requesting our attorney’s fees up front.
Our Reputation Speaks for Itself
At Kaine Law, we get results. We have recovered millions for our clients in verdicts and settlements, so much so that Attorney Evan L. Kaine is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. You don’t have to just take our word for it—you can see tangible results we have achieved for people just like you.
Stockbridge Boating & Watercraft Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How We Support Your Watercraft Injury Claim or Lawsuit in Stockbridge
To recover damages, we must prove:
- Duty of care – The other parties involved were obligated to avoid causing harm.
- Breach of duty of care – They failed to avoid causing harm through their action or inaction.
- Causation – By failing in that duty, they caused a boating or watercraft accident.
- Damages – That accident caused your injuries, qualifying you for compensation.
We will use your case’s evidence to prove each of these elements.
We Will Prove the Cause of Your Stockbridge Boating Accident
Boat owners or operators can violate their duty of care by:
- Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Being distracted by texting, GPS, or other activities on the boat
- Lacking proper training or experience
- Boating in bad weather or rough water conditions
- Ignoring guidelines, laws, or signs
- Operating a boat at a reckless speed
- Failing to have proper safety gear or taking precautions
You may not see the cause of your accident listed above. Still, you have legal options.
Our Boating Accident Lawyers Will Determine Liability
The liable party isn’t necessarily another boater. For instance, if your accident was caused by a faulty part, defective equipment, or poor maintenance, then a designer, manufacturer, or maintenance crew could be liable. Just as you are obligated to operate the vehicle safely, those parties are obligated to design, produce, label, and maintain products safely.
We can also explore if another passenger caused the accident through aggressive or reckless behavior. If you sustained injuries on a rented boat, the rental company could share liability with the operators. Determining liability allows us to seek what you need. You can learn more about this during your free case review.
Click to contact our Boating & Watercraft Accidents lawyers today
Learn About Your Options from a Boating Accident Lawyer Today
Kaine Law is dedicated to serving injured people in Henry County, GA. We offer free case reviews and want to learn your story. To explore partnering with our boating accident lawyers serving Stockbridge, call today.