Atlanta property owners must ensure their property is free of hazards or notify others about any temporary hazards on the property. When a property owner is neglectful, other people, like pedestrians, can get hurt. These people are not responsible for the harm done to them.
If you or a family member suffered harm on someone else’s property, you can hold the property owner to account for their negligence and your injuries. An Atlanta personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law can help you establish the property owner’s liability and negotiate your settlement with their insurer.
What Damages Can You Claim for Your Atlanta Premises Liability Settlement?
As the victim of a personal injury incident, you have the right to claim the damages you are experiencing due to the incident. This could be the physical damages you are suffering and the financial damages you are incurring. You can claim them through a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the responsible party.
An Atlanta premises liability lawyer from our firm can help you identify the responsible party in your case and file your claim or lawsuit against them. Your lawyer would also help you list all your damages, which may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental suffering
- Medical expenses and related expenses
- Lost wages
- Any personal property costs
Wrongful Death Damages
Some people do not survive their premises liability accident. If someone in your family passed away as a result of their accident, you can file a wrongful death lawsuit against the liable party and demand other damages, such as:
- Your deceased family member’s pain before passing
- Your mental suffering
- Any unresolved medical expenses
- Lost income for your family
- Loss of love and related losses
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Atlanta, call 404-214-2001
Negligence in an Atlanta Premises Liability Case
It can be hard to tell whether another party was negligent in a premises liability case. However, Kaine Law’s premises liability lawyers can identify negligence by finding evidence in a case. In your case, the evidence may be:
- Footage from an onsite security camera
- Photos of the property
- Logs showing an employee’s work activity
- Logs showing prior customer complaints
- Reports of a dog owner’s prior negligence
- Reports detailing prior equipment maintenance
- Bills for the medical services you received
Your lawyer can also prove the other party was negligent and is liable in your case. We would work to establish the elements of negligence, which are:
- Duty of care (the party’s responsibility to act carefully)
- Breach of duty (irresponsible action)
- Causation (the action caused the incident)
- Damages (your losses)
Our attorney could prove the other party was negligent by:
- Keeping hazardous clutter on the property
- Letting their dog roam free on their open property
- Leaving a slippery substance on the ground
- Not maintaining recreational equipment
- Not addressing customer complaints of premises liability
Premises liability law states that, if a property manager or owner does not take reasonable care to maintain the property to common-sense standards, and if someone else suffers due to this negligence, the accident survivor (or their family) has the right to seek damages. The legal team at Kaine Law can help you do so.
Atlanta Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Negotiating Your Atlanta Premises Liability Settlement
To resolve your case, our premises liability attorney may attempt to negotiate a settlement with the insurer. Many insurers are easy to work with, but others are not.
In your case, the insurer may refuse to negotiate in good faith or refuse to settle at all, but a legal representative from our firm has ways of dealing with these issues.
Litigating for a Court Verdict
Sometimes, negotiations fall through. If this happens in your case, we would not hesitate to litigate. Your lawyer could take the case to court, bring your case before a judge, and fight for a court verdict. Our team can even bring in witnesses or experts who can offer invaluable testimonies for your case.
With luck, the fact that we are willing to go to court might convince the insurer to start negotiating. If not, we are not afraid to take premises liability claims all the way to trial.
Click to contact our Premises Liability lawyers today
Working With a Fulton County Premises Liability Lawyer From Our Firm
When a client begins working with a lawyer from our office, the lawyer takes over the entire case. The client can leave everything up to our personal injury lawyer, including the:
- Investigation into the incident and the property’s unsafe conditions
- Collection of corroborating evidence for the case
- Valuation of the client’s case, including non-financial damages
- Determination of negligence and liability in the case
- Preparation of the claim or lawsuit
- Presentation of the claim or lawsuit to the insurer
- Negotiation of the settlement
- Litigation of the case
Additionally, Kaine Law would work for you on a contingency-fee basis. This means you can get legal representation without paying a cent for it until you have recovered compensation for your injuries.
Meeting the Deadline for a Lawsuit
Something else we could help you do is to meet the filing deadline for a lawsuit in Georgia. According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, a claimant or lawyer must file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of an incident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
About Kaine Law
For decades now, the attorneys from our firm have managed personal injury cases, including premises liability cases like yours. We understand how to resolve these cases, even if they involve serious injury or loss of life. We also understand your family may depend on the settlement or jury verdict we seek for you.
You can expect our Atlanta premises liability lawyer to fight hard for the outcome you deserve. We have achieved equitable outcomes for many of our clients, and our lead attorney, Evan Kaine, was able to qualify for the Multi-Million-Dollar Advocates Forum. This is a prestigious group of U.S. trial attorneys, and less than 1 percent of attorneys in the U.S. are members.
Above all, you can count on our law firm to put you first. Kaine Law works hard to ensure our clients:
- Receive all of the information and legal advice they need to make sound decisions
- Get the chance to recover fair compensation for what they have suffered
- Do not have to worry about paying medical bills or supporting their family
- Get the chance to hold the at-fault party responsible for not keeping their premises safe
Premises liability accidents can occur anywhere, from elevators and staircases to parking lots and swimming pools. No matter the specifics of your injury, Kaine Law can be there for you and your family.
Call for Your Free, No-Risk, No-Obligation Consultation
Our attorneys serve all of Georgia, including Atlanta. To learn about hiring one of our Atlanta premises liability lawyers, connect with our firm for a free consultation. During this consultation, we will review your (or your loved one’s) case with you and advise you about how to proceed with it.
Contact Kaine Law today for your free consultation. A compassionate team member is standing by to discuss your options with you.