Kaine Law takes drunk driving accidents seriously. Whether you were harmed by an intoxicated motorist, truck driver, or motorcyclist, we can pursue compensation on your behalf. An Atlanta drunk driving accident lawyer from our firm can investigate your situation, negotiate a settlement, and litigate your case.
Exploring your options begins with one phone call. During your free, no-obligation case review, we want to hear your story – including how the accident happened and the severity of your injuries. We will do everything possible to hold the negligent driver financially accountable for their actions.
Every Civil Case Comes with a Filing Deadline
According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you generally have two years to file your civil lawsuit. Right now, two years might feel like worlds away. However, time moves faster than you think – and there’s a lot of work that goes into building a successful case. For that reason alone, we want to start as soon as possible.
Additionally, if you wait too long to file a lawsuit, you may be barred from seeking the compensation you deserve. By connecting with an Atlanta DUI accident lawyer from our firm, you take the first step in protecting your right to damages.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accident lawyer serving Atlanta, call 404-214-2001
You Pay No Fees Unless We Win
At Kaine Law, we work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay nothing up front for our legal services. You only pay our attorney’s fees if we secure compensation, and we take payment from your winnings.
If we are unable to secure a settlement or judgment in your accident case, you pay nothing. Our Atlanta car accident lawyers want to ensure your financial stability.
Atlanta Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
We Will Pursue These Losses for You and Your Loved Ones
We will seek a settlement that accounts for your past, present, and future injury-related losses. Your lawyer will also pursue damages that account for your physical and emotional trauma.
Recoverable damages in your case may comprise:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Disability, scarring, and disfigurement
Click to contact our Drunk Driving Accidents lawyers today
What Can a Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer in Atlanta do for Me?
You’re more than a case number to us. You’re an individual with ambitions, needs, and wants. We pride ourselves on the relationships we build with our clients, and during our partnership, we want to be your number one resource.
Your Atlanta drunk driving accident attorney can recover such damages from your case as follows:
- Filing your claim and handling all communications with the insurance company
- Negotiating with the claims adjuster
- Taking your case to court if we cannot reach an agreement with the insurer
- Requesting a copy of the police report from Fulton County
- Collecting evidence, such as pictures of the accident scene and your injuries
- Calculating the value of your damages
- Establishing the other party’s negligence
- Interviewing witnesses to gain their testimony
We will keep you updated on the progress of your case and can answer any questions you may have along the way. You will never be in the dark with us. We are committed to your case and achieving the best possible outcome.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Investigate What Caused Your Accident in Atlanta, GA
Drunk driving leads to reckless driving. After reviewing your case’s evidence, we may find that your collision resulted from one or more of the following:
- Road rage
- Drag racing
- Failure to obey traffic signals and guidelines
- Distracted driving
- Weaving in and out of lanes
- Drowsy driving
- Failure to use a turn signal or employ headlights
Why Choose Kaine Law for Your Drunk Driving Accident Case?
After an accident, choosing a law firm to handle your case can be an important decision. Our attorneys work tirelessly to support drunk driving accident victims in Atlanta as they seek the compensation they deserve.
If you’re looking to hire a lawyer, consider these reasons to choose Kaine Law:
- We’ve won results for our clients. We’ve won six- and seven-figure results for victims of vehicle accidents in Georgia. In one case, we won $4.325 million for the victim of a drunk driving accident.
- We offer free case reviews 24/7. Our team is prepared to take your call around the clock. If you require video call services, we can arrange this option for your consultation as well.
- Our track record of recognition. We are proud to be members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We’ve also received a “Superb” rating on Avvo, a major ratings forum for lawyers.
- We know Atlanta, Georgia. Our connections to Atlanta go deep. We have relationships in the community that enable us to seek strong evidence for your case and navigate the Atlanta court system with ease.
At Kaine Law, we will work hard for the best results in your case. Also, we will work to ensure you feel supported through each step of the process.
Testimonials from Our Past Clients
You don’t have to take our word for it. Some of our past clients have had these reviews to offer about their experience with Kaine Law:
- “I was involved in an auto-accident with a drunk driver and after several weeks of frustrating interactions with their insurance company, I decided to contact Evan Kaine. He was upfront and honest about how the process works… Bottom line – Evan Kaine gives lawyers a good name.” – M.T. from Atlanta, GA
- “He has fought for me on more than one occasion. He REALLY CARES about his clients. He REALLY produces realistic results. He is REALLY FAIR and HONEST.” – D.C. from Atlanta, GA
You Can Seek Compensation Even If You Partially Caused the Accident
Perhaps you were speeding home from work when a drunk driver hit you. The police arrived and concluded you both contributed to the accident. Now what?
UnderO.C.G.A. § 51-12-33, you can seek damages as long as you did not cause more than 49 percent of the collision. However, this will reduce your award. Consider the following example scenario:
- The police determine you caused 30 percent of the accident, and the other driver caused 70 percent of the accident.
- Your damages total $100,000.
- The insurance company or courts reduce your award by 30 percent (your percentage of fault), leaving you with $70,000.
As noted, our lawyers will use your case’s evidence to support your allegations. Evidence may include the accident report, witness testimony, and traffic camera footage.
Take the Following Steps If You’ve Been Injured in an Atlanta Auto Accident
Consider how the following measures could secure the outcome of your civil case:
Seek Medical Attention
You should seek medical attention soon after your collision. Even if you don’t notice any external injuries, internal injuries can worsen over time. For instance, you might not experience symptoms of a traumatic brain injury for weeks after the initial incident.
Additionally, if you wait too long to see a doctor, the insurance company could use this fact against you. It might argue that your injuries came from another event – and not the collision.
Notify Your Insurer
Notify your insurance company of the accident, even if you were not at fault. Georgia is a “fault” state. In this instance, you could seek damages from the negligent party’s insurer. If you have any problems securing a settlement, our lawyers can step in and help.
Consider Connecting with Our Firm
You might think that your case is relatively straightforward. However, even if there’s clear evidence that a drunk driver caused your accident, the insurer could still deny your claim. While recovering from the collision, you don’t have time to play phone tag with uncooperative insurance agents.
Instead, your lawyer can handle your case’s obligations. You stay home and spend time with your loved ones. In the meantime, we will advocate for your rights – whether in or out of court.
Frequently Asked Questions in Atlanta Drunk Driving Accident Cases
You likely have many questions about your accident at this time. We will get you the answers you need to feel confident in your case. For now, here are some answers to common questions we get from prospective clients:
How Much Could I Get in a Settlement or Award?
The answer is: It depends. Every case is unique, and every accident settlement or award is unique as well. Typically, we can tell you more about a goal amount we will seek for your case after we investigate your case’s evidence. We can then explain how we arrived at that goal amount.
In general, your potential settlement depends on:
- How serious your injuries are
- How much your injuries affected your personal and professional life
- How much your medical care cost
- Who is liable for the accident
Can I Sue the Responsible Driver?
If you hire our team, we can explain all of your legal options. Often, we can seek a settlement or award for our clients through settlement negotiations. On the other hand, we may proceed to litigate your case in court.
If we do take your case to trial and hold a negligent driver accountable before a jury, we will handle all of the legal tasks for you.
Call Today for Your Free, No-Risk, No-Obligation Consultation
If you or a loved one suffered harm in a drunk driving accident, dial (404) 214-2001. We offer free case evaluations where you can explore your options. We can listen to the details of your case and explain what legal options you have.
Kaine Law has multiple decades of experience. Let us begin working for you today.