While first designed as a replacement for horses for work-related use on farms, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) have become an increasingly popular source for outdoor leisure and sporting activities. While you may think four wheels are more stable and safer than two, ATVs or quads can be unstable and difficult to control. They are also heavy -weighing 350 to 800 pounds, depending on the model. As such, accidents involving quads can result in life-changing injuries.
Operator negligence, environmental hazards, poor vehicle maintenance, and manufacturing defects regularly cause ATV accidents. If you were hurt this way, the Stockbridge ATV accident lawyers from Kaine Law can help you build a case and pursue a compensation claim.
Who Is Liable in ATV or Quad Bike Accidents?
To seek compensation for an ATV accident, you will need to prove another party was negligent in some way. Negligence means a person or organization failed to keep you reasonably safe, which caused the accident resulting in your injuries. Liable parties can include:
- The vehicle driver or owner
- A quad bike rental company
- An ATV part or vehicle manufacturer
- Landowners of private property, in some cases
It can be difficult to determine who is at fault and whether or not there is insurance coverage available to pay for your injuries and other losses in ATV accidents. This is because ATVs are usually insured separately under a typical auto insurance policy. Further, in some cases, a homeowner’s insurance may provide coverage in the event of an accident.
If the accident occurred on private land and the terrain was not maintained properly, you may be able to pursue compensation from the landowner. Similarly, if your injuries were caused by a defective ATV vehicle or part, you may be able to file a case against the manufacturer. Our personal injury attorneys will examine the facts of your case. If we find evidence that shows someone else was negligent, we can help you pursue your claim.
For a free legal consultation with a atv accident lawyer serving Stockbridge, call 404-214-2001
We Can Help You Pursue Financial Damages for Your Injuries
Injuries from ATV accidents can be life-changing. They can include bone fractures, brain injuries, permanent scarring, loss of limbs, spinal cord injuries, facial injuries, and dental trauma, to name but a few. The leading causes of injuries from ATV use stem from:
- Roll-over accidents
- A lack of personal protective equipment
- Collisions with fixed objects, other vehicles, or people
- Unsafe or reckless vehicle operation
- ATV operators or their passengers being ejected from the vehicle
- Mechanical defects or component failure
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Accidents caused by hazardous terrain
Compensation Available in Quad Bike Accident Cases
If you or a loved one were injured in a quad bike accident, we will investigate the accident to learn what happened and determine your losses, such as:
- Current and future medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages and compensation if your earning capacity is reduced due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering from physical pain and emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost or damaged property
In fatal accidents, surviving close family members may be able to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against another person or organization if their negligence caused the loss of a loved one.
Stockbridge ATV Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Georgia?
In Georgia, injured people generally have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against a negligent party per O.C.G.A § 9-3-33. Missing this deadline could mean you risk your right to pursue compensation. As such, we advise you to start your case as soon as possible.
Click to contact our ATV Accidents lawyers today
How Much Does It Cost To Hire An ATV Accident Lawyer Near Me?
At Kaine Law, we understand how being injured seriously affects your life. Therefore, we want to help you cope with the accident’s physical, emotional, and financial fallout. One of the ways we support you is by providing our legal services on a no-win, no-fee basis. As such, our clients never pay any up-front costs. Instead, we use our resources to build and pursue your case and only take payment when we recover financial damages for you.
Our firm has obtained millions of dollars in settlements and court verdicts for our clients injured by the negligent actions of another person or organization. We are here for you, too.
What Our Clients Say
While we can tell you ourselves about our proven track record for delivering outstanding service for our clients, we would rather you hear about us in our clients’ own words:
- “Evan Kaine is a great attorney who kept me informed on all activity regarding my case. Always willing to go the extra mile to put me at ease. Very knowledgeable and thorough, always examining my case from every angle. I have recommended him to several friends and will continue to do so. Overall great legal service” -B.S. Roswell, GA
- “My first lawyer fired me and said that my case had a $0.00 value. I found Evan Kaine and he turned $0.00 into $50,000. Mr. Kaine helped me when I was down. He fought for me when no one else would. We need more lawyers like Evan Kaine” – D.G. Stone Mountain, Georgia.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Are Here For You, Every Step of the Way
At Kaine Law as a client, your needs and well-being are our priority, so we are always on hand to answer your questions. Our Stockbridge ATV accident attorneys take the time to understand every way your injuries have affected your home and work life before taking action because we want an excellent result for you.
If you have questions about filing a compensation claim after being injured in a quad bike accident, contact us for a free consultation. Together, we can discuss your case and determine your legal options for financial recovery.
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form