A recent accident on someone else’s property may have left you with serious injuries and many other damages. You may be struggling a lot right now. However, the property owner may have to compensate you. You may be able to recover all of your damages, including some damages you may not know you can claim.
A Conyers premises liability lawyer from our firm can help you determine which damages you can claim, establish the other party’s liability for your damages, and then negotiate your settlement. During a free consultation, we’ll tell you more about what your lawyer will do for you.
What Your Damages May Be in Your Conyers Premises Liability Case
You might have serious personal injuries right now. If so, you likely have many damages, including some intangible damages which can be difficult to identify. A Conyers premises liability attorney from our firm can help you identify and list these damages so you can demand them in your claim or lawsuit. Your damages might include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Physical impairment or disability
- Mental/emotional anguish
- Medical bills, including bills for physical therapy
- Lost wages due to an inability to work
- Damages related to personal property, such as a cell phone
Wrongful Death Damages
You may have wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one in a tragic premises liability incident. Through a wrongful death suit, you can demand such damages as:
- Your loved one’s physical pain before passing
- Your loss of spousal love and support
- Your children’s loss of parental love and support
- Your family’s mental and emotional anguish
- Any medical bills that haven’t been resolved yet
- Lost family income
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Conyers, call 404-214-2001
How to Establish Damages in Your Case
Listing your damages will let you claim them, but to obtain your damages, you’ll also have to establish their validity with the insurance company. To do this, you or a lawyer from our firm will have to include evidence of your damages with your insurance claim or lawsuit. This evidence could be:
- Your medical receipts
- A statement from a medical professional
- Photos of the accident scene
- Footage of the incident from a security camera on the premises
Conyers Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How to Establish Liability for Your Damages
You will also have to establish that the other party is, in fact, liable for your damages. To do this, you or your lawyer will have to show that the other party was negligent, which can be very difficult. It will require evidence, such as:
- The report the police made after your incident
- Any prior complaints about the other party’s property
- A log of an employee’s job activity at the time of the incident
- Reports indicating equipment on the property hasn’t been maintained
On top of all that, you or your lawyer must show each of the four elements of negligence in your case. This can be especially difficult, so you may want to leave this to your lawyer. The elements of negligence are:
- Duty of care (the other party’s responsibility to be careful)
- Breach of duty (the other party’s irresponsibility)
- Causation (how irresponsibility caused your incident)
- Damages (your tangible and intangible losses)
Click to contact our Premises Liability lawyers today
How the Other Party May Have Been Negligent in Your Case
Depending on the nature of your accident, the other party may have been negligent by leaving hazardous clutter or substances on their property, letting their dog roam freely on the property, failing to address complaints, or by failing in some other way. Regardless, your lawyer will do everything they can to establish the party’s liability, so you can recover your due damages from them.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Your Conyers Premises Liability Lawyer Will Negotiate Your Settlement
Insurance companies have many tactics for protecting themselves and their profits, such as downplaying a client’s liability and devaluing a claimant’s damages. The insurer in your case may employ such tactics. If they do, your lawyer won’t tolerate it. Your lawyer can threaten to sue and, if necessary, follow through on the threat.
However, negotiations likely won’t come to that. Your lawyer will negotiate in good faith and expect the insurer to do the same. If they’re cooperative, they should make a fair settlement offer that you and your lawyer will consider together.
Working with Your Conyers Premises Liability Attorney
After you hire your attorney, you won’t have to do any of the work involved in building or settling your case. You can help your attorney, however, by speaking with them about your damages, including your pain and other intangible damages. Your attorney can:
- Attribute monetary values to your intangible damages so you can claim them
- Collect documents showing your damages
- Obtain evidence indicating the other party was negligent
- Obtain invaluable corroborating evidence for your case, such as a statement from a premises liability expert witness
- Ensure your claim is accurate and thorough
- Establish your damages with the insurance company
- Establish the other party’s negligence and liability with the insurer
- Resolve your case by settling it with the insurer
- Resolve your case by litigating it with the insurer or the other party, if necessary
Meeting the Deadline for a Suit
If you’d like to sue the other party right away or keep the option open for later, your attorney can expedite your case. Your lawyer will have to file your lawsuit within two years of your premises liability incident, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33.
Serving You on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Your lawyer won’t accept any service fees until and unless your lawyer recovers damages for you. Our clients find this arrangement is very affordable.
About Our Conyers Premises Liability Lawyers
The personal injury lawyers from our firm have decades of experience resolving premises liability cases and have achieved excellent results. Our lead attorney, attorney Evan Kaine, has even qualified for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. This group is for trial attorneys who have settled or litigated their cases for many millions of dollars.
To learn more about our lawyers and why you should choose one of them, watch our video on the Top 5 Reasons Why Kaine Law Is Right for You.
Contact Kaine Law Today for Your Conyers Premises Liability Attorney
We can also tell you more during a complimentary case review. We’ll tell you more about our firm and about how one of our premises liability lawyers in Conyers can resolve your case for you, so you can get the compensation you deserve.
Contact Kaine Law today for your complimentary case review.
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form