If you or a loved one is a victim of a rideshare accident, you deserve compensation, but you may struggle to get the full compensation you deserve. Rideshare companies (like Uber and Lyft) and their drivers often don’t compensate victims for all of their damages.
A Conyers rideshare accident lawyer can request certain damages from the driver’s insurer or the rideshare company’s insurer, or even sue the rideshare company for major damages on your behalf. During a free consultation, a lawyer can tell you more about your legal options.
Do Rideshare Companies Insure Their Drivers, Passengers, and Others?
Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare companies in Conyers treat their drivers as independent contractors. A rideshare driver has their own personal or commercial insurance covering them, but a ridesharing company has additional insurance covering the driver in any situations that involve the company. For instance, if an Uber driver gets into an accident while they’re logged into the Uber app, the accident likely involves the company.
Uber and Lyft insurance can also cover situations involving a driver who’s underinsured or uninsured. Additionally, these rideshare companies offer insurance covering personal injury situations involving passengers, pedestrians, motorists, and others who get hurt in accidents.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accident lawyer serving Conyers, call 404-214-2001
Who Is Responsible for My Conyers Rideshare Accident?
The driver or the rideshare company may be liable for the accident and your damages. If the driver was not providing a rideshare-related service when the accident occurred, the driver is liable for your damages, but if the driver was providing a rideshare service, the rideshare company is likely liable.
One of our firm’s Conyers rideshare accident lawyers can look into which party is liable in your case. Once the liable party has been identified, your lawyer will likely pursue compensation from their insurer or may even be able to pursue compensation from both the driver and the rideshare company.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
Drivers and rideshare companies can be irresponsible in many different ways. In your case, one of those entities or another entity may have been irresponsible and caused your accident by:
- Being distracted: For example, your driver may have been distracted by listening to an incoming ride assignment while completing your ride assignment.
- Being reckless: For instance, your driver may have driven through a busy intersection with disregard for the safety of others.
- Failing to maintain standards: In your case, the driver may have failed to maintain the safety of their vehicle. Alternatively, the rideshare company may have failed to maintain certain hiring standards and screen out a poor driver.
- Exposing you to a hazard: For example, road workers may have left clutter on the road, which caused the accident.
Conyers Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Do You Establish Liability in a Rideshare Accident Case?
Establishing liability is something else a rideshare accident lawyer can help you with. Your lawyer will likely want to collect evidence of liability in your case, this evidence may include:
- A statement from your doctor indicating how your injuries occurred
- Cell phone recordings a witness took from the accident scene
- Rideshare app data indicating the driver’s work status at the time of the accident
- Event data recorder details of the vehicle’s safety system performance
Evidence won’t be enough to establish the other party’s liability for your damages. Your lawyer will also have to show each of the elements of negligence in your case, which are:
- Duty of care – the responsibility the other party had to act with care to prevent harm to you
- Breach of duty – the other party’s failure in their responsibility
- Causation – how the failure led to the incident
- Damages – your losses as a result of the incident
Click to contact our Rideshare Accidents lawyers today
What Type of Compensation Can I Expect After a Rideshare Accident?
Many factors can determine what kind of compensation you can expect. For one, the responsible party in your case will determine which damages you can claim. If the responsible party is the driver, you’ll have to file your claim through their insurer, and you’ll only be able to claim the damages the policy covers. If the responsible party is the rideshare company, your damages will be limited to what their insurer offers.
However, if the driver is responsible for the incident but underinsured, it may be possible to get damages from the driver and the rideshare company. The company may cover some damages through their underinsured insurance.
Insurance likely won’t cover certain damages, like the physical pain you’ve been experiencing. You may have to negotiate with the insurer for certain damages, which is another factor that can determine what damages you can expect to receive. However, a lawyer from our firm may be able to help you obtain compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation or extended care expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capability
- The cost of the damage to your vehicle
- Other property damages costs
- Wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one in a rideshare accident
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Our Firm Can Help Recover Your Due Compensation
If you decide to reach out to an attorney, our team at Kaine Law is here to help. One of our Conyers rideshare accident attorneys can:
- Help to meet Georgia’s deadline for a personal injury lawsuit (a lawsuit may become your best option for compensation)
- Build your case with evidence surrounding the accident such as traffic camera footage, police report, and witness accounts
- Bolster your case with assistance from corroborating sources, such as a car accident reconstructionist
- Establish who is liable in your case
- Valuate your damages, including your intangible damages, like your pain and suffering, and convey their value to the insurance company
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf
- Litigate for a court verdict if negotiations fail
Contact Kaine Law to Learn More
The lawyers from our firm have decades of experience in personal injury law and handle auto accident cases as well as rideshare insurance companies regularly, so they know how to help you with your case. Over the years, our lawyers have had outstanding results, and our lead attorney, attorney Evan Kaine, has been able to qualify for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We’re very confident we can help you.
To learn more about our team, contact us for a free consultation. We’ll tell you about how one of our rideshare accident lawyers in Conyers can work for you at no cost unless your lawyer is successful with your case. To schedule your free consultation, contact Kaine Law today.