In Conyers, ATVs (all-terrain vehicles) are popular for recreation and other reasons. Conyers has many trails people frequent for fun. However, ATVs can be dangerous because they aren’t enclosed vehicles, so the drivers and passengers are exposed to the elements and the rest of the environment. Accidents can result in serious injuries.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in an ATV accident, you can seek compensation from them, and our firm can help. During a free consultation, we’ll tell you about working with a Conyers ATV accident lawyer from Kaine Law.
Who’s at Fault in ATV Accident Cases in Georgia?
ATV accident cases can involve many factors, including environmental, design, and driver-related factors. Anyone who is negligent regarding any of these factors may bear liability for an accident. In your personal injury case, the liable party may be:
The Operator of the ATV You Were On
If you were a passenger on an ATV, the party responsible for the accident may be the ATV operator. They may have driven irresponsibly, such as by driving too fast for the environmental conditions.
The Driver of Another ATV
If you were an ATV driver, another driver might be the responsible party. They may have been acting recklessly, such as by attempting a dangerous stunt.
The Owner of Another ATV
The owner of the other ATV may have let an inexperienced person drive the ATV. In this case, the owner would be responsible for the accident.
The Owner of the Property
You may have driven your ATV on someone else’s property legally and responsibly, but a hazard on the property caused the accident. If so, the property owner may be responsible for your accident because they left the hazard on the property.
The Manufacturer of the ATV
If there was a mechanical issue with your ATV or the other driver’s ATV, the manufacturer responsible for the issue may also be responsible for your accident and your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a atv accident lawyer serving Conyers, call 404-214-2001
How Do You Prove Liability in ATV Accident Cases in Georgia?
There are two tasks involved in proving another party’s liability in an ATV accident case. One task is presenting evidence of the party’s fault, and the other is establishing the elements of negligence.
In your case, the evidence of the other party’s fault could be:
- Your damaged or destroyed ATV
- Your helmet and any other protective gear
- Any onsite camera footage of the incident
- A witness’s account of the accident
- A recording of the accident scene
- The incident report the authorities wrote up
- The medical record your doctor wrote
Establishing negligence in your case requires showing:
- Duty of care (the other party’s responsibility for driving safely)
- Breach of duty (the party’s irresponsible driving)
- Causation (the link between someone’s negligence and the accident)
- Damages (your medical and related losses)
Conyers ATV Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
What Damages Can You Get in an ATV Accident Case in Georgia?
ATV accident victims may have many serious damages, including many physical and financial damages. Some of these victims may never recover fully from their injuries.
As an accident victim, you’re entitled to the damages you suffered and incurred, and you can recover these damages in a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Your damages may be:
- The cost of the repair or replacement of your ATV
- The medical bills and related bills you’ve incurred and will incur
- The income you won’t be bringing in if you can’t work for a while
- Your physical and mental pain and suffering
- Any other related damages you’re also experiencing, such as impairment or disability
Wrongful Death Damages
These damages are for the family members of accident victims. You and your family are entitled to these damages if you lost a loved one in an ATV accident. Our wrongful death lawyers can pursue damages, such as lost companionship, lost parental support, emotional hardship, lost income for the family, and funeral expenses.
Click to contact our ATV Accidents lawyers today
Should I Hire an ATV Accident Lawyer in Conyers?
A Conyers ATV accident lawyer from our firm can take the stress of the legal process off your shoulders. This way, you can focus on resting and recovering from your injuries.
If your lawyer is successful with your case, the compensation your lawyer recovers may relieve you of your financial burdens, as well. You won’t have to pay your lawyer at all unless your lawyer is successful in recovering compensation.
Additionally, our Conyers ATV accident team can take on the following responsibilities:
- The investigation of your case: This involves determining who is responsible for your accident and finding evidence of this responsibility. Our lawyer will also get corroborating evidence, such as a statement from an accident reconstructionist.
- The valuation of your case: Our lawyer can determine the value of your case.
- The filing of your claim or lawsuit: Your lawyer can file a suit before the filing deadline is up, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33. Additionally, our lawyer can file your claim or suit according to proper procedure.
- The determination of negligence: Our lawyer can prove the other party was negligent and is liable for your damages.
- The handling of negotiations: Negotiating a settlement with an insurance company can be tricky, but our lawyer can assess any offer and negotiate for fair compensation.
- Litigation: Our lawyer won’t hesitate to take your case to court if negotiating doesn’t resolve the case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
About Our ATV Accident Lawyers in Conyers
With decades of experience in personal injury law, our lawyers know how to handle ATV accident cases like yours. Our lawyers have had excellent results, and our lead lawyer, attorney Evan Kaine, has qualified for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the U.S. Less than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
You can learn more about our team by watching our video on the Top 5 Reasons Why Kaine Law Is Right for You.
We Have Conyers, GA, ATV Accident Lawyers Near You
If you live in or near Conyers, our firm can serve you. We can see you for a free consultation, and one of our ATV accident attorneys in Conyers can handle your case from start to finish.
For your free consultation, contact Kaine Law today.