Residents and visitors in Stockbridge have a right to be safe from vicious dogs. If you or a loved one suffered injuries from a dog bite, you’re entitled to pursue justice for your losses.
The team at Kaine Law fights tirelessly for victims of animal attacks. We proudly serve your community, and a Stockbridge dog bite lawyer from our firm will serve you.
Our Attorneys Know the Law Governing Dog Bites in Georgia
The Stockbridge dog bite lawyer that you hire should know the latest statutes involving dog bites. At Kaine Law, we know the law.
O.C.G.A. § 51-2-7 is the pertinent statute when we represent a dog bite victim. This statute holds liable owners who fail to restrain an aggressive dog properly. It also holds owners responsible for the “careless management” of an animal, including “allowing the animal to go at liberty.”
While this statute generally applies to animals with histories of aggression, the owner in your case may be liable regardless of their dog’s history.
Negligent Parties Should Be Held Liable
While certain statutes may affect the outcome of your case, our firm frequently relies on the standard of negligence in dog bite claims. In our experience, negligent parties should be held liable for the harm they cause. In most cases, it really is that simple.
We will look for signs of negligence in your case. While a dog owner is a typical plaintiff when dogs attack, we could hold other parties liable. Whether it is an owner, veterinarian, boarding service, or another party, a defendant in your case may be negligent if:
- They owed you a duty of care: Whoever was responsible for the dog that day had a duty of care to protect others from that dog.
- They breached their duty of care to you: If the caretaker failed to restrain the dog as they should have, they likely breached their duty of care.
- Their breach of duty of care caused your injuries: We must show that the defendant’s failure led directly to the dog bite occurring.
- You’ve suffered damages because of the defendant’s negligence: If we can prove the first three points, we must show how your losses relate to the defendant’s negligence.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite injury lawyer serving Stockbridge, call 404-214-2001
Let Our Team Seek the Financial Recovery You Deserve
Our firm seeks fair financial compensation for each client. In your case, recoverable damages may include:
- The cost of bite-related medical care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Lost earning power and other professional harm
- Treatment for psychological and emotional trauma
When you hire us, obtaining coverage for these losses becomes our mission. Here’s how our team can lead your pursuit of compensation.
Investigating Your Incident
We will seek evidence, consult witnesses, obtain an incident report of the bite, and complete your case investigation. If you have any useful documents or evidence in your possession, we’ll get those from you.
Calculating the Cost of Your Damages
This figure will tell us how much compensation to seek for you. Calculating noneconomic damages (like pain and suffering) can be especially challenging, but our firm has the experience to do it.
Negotiating a Settlement
We’ll represent you in settlement talks with insurance adjusters or the liable parties’ lawyers.
Taking Your Case to Trial
While dog bite cases rarely go to trial, we never make assumptions about the cases we handle. If your dog bite case requires a trip to court, we’ll be prepared to fight.
Stockbridge Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Why do Clients Choose Kaine Law for Their Dog Bite Accident Cases?
There are several reasons to turn to a Stockbridge dog bite attorney from Kaine Law after a dog bite:
- You’re unsure of your legal options
- You lack experience in taking legal action
- Your injuries prevent you from taking the lead on your claim
- You’ve seen our results, heard of our reputation, and want us to handle your case
You may have yet other reasons for retaining a lawyer. Whatever your motivation, Kaine Law is ready to help:
- Lead attorney Evan Kaine is an integral part of each case, providing a personal touch that many other firms do not offer
- Our firm never hesitates to hire an expert or pay for additional resources that may benefit your case
- We have successfully achieved financial recoveries for many of our clients
- We are available when our clients need us
- We handle each case with enthusiasm and compassion
Our firm has multiple decades of experience representing those needlessly injured throughout Georgia, including dog bite victims in Stockbridge.
Hear From Clients Themselves
We like to refer prospective clients to those who we have already fought and won for:
- “If you are looking for an attorney that will always return your calls and works hard for you, HIRE EVAN.” – G.C.
- “Our attorney, Evan Kaine, took a personal interest in our case. We weren’t just treated like another client.” – G.L. and K.O.
- “I fired my old attorney and hired Attorney Evan Kaine because I got to speak with him directly, not just a case manager. Then he got me $50,000 when my old attorney said that my case was dead!” – D.L.
Trust that our firm will provide the same level of client service when handling your case.
Regardless of the case type we’re handling, our team prepares and performs like that case is our only one. So, never worry about your case getting the attention it deserves. With Kaine Law, attentive legal care is our guarantee.
Click to contact our Dog Bite Injury lawyers today
Call Kaine Law Today to Discuss Your Case
Dog bites can spiral into infections and produce long-term physical and psychological damage. So, even if a bite seems minor, it’s worth consulting a Stockbridge dog bite lawyer from our firm. Call Kaine Law today to complete your free consultation.