Trains are large, heavy vehicles that travel at high speeds, and all these factors combined can be deadly when accidents occur. If you sustained injuries or lost a loved one in a train incident, Kaine Law can fight for you and your family.
Our Stockbridge, GA, train accident lawyers can assist with an insurance claim or lawsuit to recover your financial and non-financial damages. You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Kaine Law Can Hold Negligent Parties Responsible
Trains pass through Stockbridge every day on Norfolk Southern lines. As a suburb of Atlanta, Stockbridge is also near Amtrak and Metropolitan Atlanta Transit Authority (MARTA) stations. Unfortunately, the presence of trains can lead to:
- Collisions involving trains and motor vehicles
- Collisions involving trains and pedestrians
- Railroad passenger injuries
- Derailment accidents
- Railroad employee accidents
If you or your loved one suffered injuries after a train collision or another kind of accident, a negligent or reckless railroad company, train conductor, or third party may be responsible for your damages. Our lawyers serving the Stockbridge community can:
Determine Train Accident Liability
Our lawyers can look into the circumstances surrounding your train accident and discover why it happened. Causes may include:
- Train operator error or wrongdoing, such as working while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, even prescription or over-the-counter medications
- Railroad track issues
- Negligent train maintenance
- Defective or faulty equipment
- Mechanical or electrical failures
- Lack of safety precautions
- Violation of legal statutes and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) regulations and procedures
Kaine Law will not back down from pursuing your case, regardless of who is liable. We are not afraid to take on railroad companies, government entities, or other large and powerful defendants. Our team is here to stand up to those who hurt you, and we will not let insurance adjusters or opposing counsel push you around.
Support Your Stockbridge Train Accident Case With Evidence
To win your case, our Stockbridge train accident lawyers must prove another party’s actions or failure to act caused your injuries and financial losses. This involves collecting case evidence and applying it under the law. Our lawyers will:
- Collect medical records, official accident reports, railroad records, surveillance video, and any other available evidence
- Contact and interview witnesses
- Consult with subject matter experts when necessary
- Obtain receipts, medical bills, wage records, and further proof of your financial losses
- Establish negligence under state and federal law
Manage Your Claims or Lawsuits
Insurance claims and lawsuits involving corporations and government entities can be complicated, and you can be sure the railroad companies or MARTA will have attorneys on their side. We can manage every detail of your case, leaving you free to focus on recovering from your injuries or grieving for your lost loved one.
We will file case paperwork, track deadlines, and handle case-related communications. Calls and emails from an insurance company or its lawyers will go through us, and we will protect you from pressure tactics or bad faith practices.
Our injury lawyers will act with one goal in mind – securing advantageous compensation as quickly and easily as possible. This includes filing your case according to the two-year statute of limitations for personal injury or wrongful death lawsuits as outlined in O.C.G.A § 9-3-33.
For a free legal consultation with a train accident lawyer serving Stockbridge, call 404-214-2001
Our Stockbridge, Georgia, Attorneys Will Fight for Fair Compensation
According to the FRA, Georgia had nearly 70 nonfatal train accidents and 10 fatal incidents in 2021. If you or your loved one suffered injuries, our attorneys can pursue:
Economic damages are the monetary expenses resulting from your accident, including:
- Current and future medical bills. Train accidents can cause severe and catastrophic injuries leading to significant medical expenses. Our lawyers can recover the cost of emergency medical treatment, surgeries, hospital stays, prescription drugs, and other necessary treatments. We can also estimate and pursue the cost of future medical needs, including physical therapy, rehabilitation, follow-up procedures, in-home health services, and long-term nursing care.
- Income and future earnings. We can seek lost income from the time you missed at work because of your injuries. In addition, if you sustained a permanent or disabling injury that prevents you from returning to your job, we can seek awards for your lost earning capacity and lost future earnings. Income compensation may include back pay, vacation pay, tips, bonus, and lost retirement and health benefits.
- Vehicle damages. If your train accident involved your vehicle, we can seek awards to pay for repairs. If the damage is a total loss, we will seek compensation for the fair market value of your vehicle or secure a comparable replacement.
- Household assistance. Serious injuries can prevent you from contributing to your household in the same way as before your accident. We can help you pursue compensation for household services if you need help with cooking, cleaning, and other tasks. We can also seek compensation for alternative transportation and medically necessary home and vehicle renovations.
Some accident losses are intangible. For example, there is no price tag on chronic pain, but it still takes a toll on victims. Non-economic compensation can include pain and suffering. These damages also offer awards for quality-of-life reductions and mental and emotional anguish, among other intangible losses.
Our Stockbridge train accident lawyers can help you seek fair financial recovery for:
- Loss of mobility or paralysis
- Loss of body part or bodily function
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Anxiety, post-traumatic stress, and depression
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Wrongful Death Compensation
We can help you recover medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, lost income, and other damages related to a loved one’s fatal train accident. According to O.C.G.A. § 51-4-2, a spouse, child, or parent of the deceased (in that order) can take action.
In addition to the damages the deceased’s estate suffers, eligible survivors can also seek awards for the loss of their loved one’s services, support, counsel, advice, and companionship.
Stockbridge Train Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Contact Kaine Law for a Free Consultation After a Stockbridge Train Accident
Kaine Law offers clients a no-fee guarantee, meaning you pay us nothing unless we win your case. Contact us today for a free consultation and learn more about how our Stockbridge train accident lawyers can fight for you.