After a motorcycle accident, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. The financial, physical, and emotional impacts of any vehicle accident are daunting, no matter if you were the injured party or if your loved one passed after the accident. Many accidents are due to another person’s negligent behavior, and you shouldn’t have to pay for these actions.
After your collision, make sure you reach out to Kaine Law. A Lawrenceville motorcycle accident lawyer can help you review your legal options and seek fair compensation for your losses.
Let a Lawrenceville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer From Our Firm Handle Your Case
It’s important to rest after your accident, especially if you’re recovering from severe injuries. You’ve been through enough, and you deserve to focus on your health right now. Still, compensation can help you access the treatment you need and make up for the income you’ve lost. The Lawrenceville motorcycle attorneys with our firm can handle your claim or lawsuit while you recuperate.
Our personal injury attorneys offer comprehensive legal services, and they will tailor their approaches to each client’s needs. When handling your case, our attorneys can:
- Conduct an independent investigation of your accident
- Counter an insurance adjuster’s determination of fault
- Gather evidence to support your case, such as medical records
- Consult your doctors and other experts, such as accident reconstructionists
- Handle all the paperwork associated with your personal injury claim or lawsuit
- Assess settlement offers from insurers and negotiate for fair compensation
- Take your case to trial
Throughout the legal process, we can provide regular updates about your case and answer your questions. We make ourselves available to our clients so that they feel comfortable and supported every step of the way.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Lawrenceville, call 404-214-2001
Our Accident Attorneys Work to Establish the Other Party’s Negligence
Your lawyer needs to prove that another party acted carelessly or recklessly and that this accident caused your injuries and losses. Establishing negligence is at the core of most motorcycle accident cases – with the exception of those caused by defective products.
Kaine Law will examine the details of your case, review the liable party’s insurance policy, and talk with witnesses to prove:
The Other Party Had a Duty of Care
All motorists have one job: to keep others safe. They can do this by obeying traffic signals, keeping the speed limit, and yielding to the right-of-way. This is referred to as a “duty of care,” and everyone who uses public roads has one.
Aside from abiding by traffic laws, drivers also have to act reasonably on the road and take precautions. Even if the other driver did not receive a citation, they may still be at fault for the accident. We can gather evidence to demonstrate their negligence and work to hold them responsible for your losses.
The Other Party Breached Their Duty of Care
The second that a motorist engages in illegal or otherwise risky behavior, they breach their duty of care. This could make them liable for any damages and injuries that stem from a collision. Some ways that the other party in your case could have breached their duty of care include:
- Drinking while driving
- Texting and driving
- Failing to obey traffic lights and signals
- Failing to give motorists and pedestrians the appropriate right-of-way
- Driving while fatigued
The Other Party Caused Your Accident
Using your case’s evidence, we must show that the other party was the primary cause of your accident. Some evidence that can reveal who primarily caused your motorcycle accident includes:
- Witness statements
- Observations made by the attending police officer
- The accident report
- Traffic camera recordings
- Information from your doctor
- The other driver’s phone logs
The other party may attempt to label you as the primary cause of the accident to reduce your settlement. Let our lawyers handle this– we will use evidence to show that the other driver, or another liable party, caused the collision.
You Incurred Losses
Finally, to prove negligence and recover compensation, you must show that you have losses because of the collision. Some losses that could merit financial recovery include:
- Healthcare bills
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning ability
- The cost of fixing your bike and possibly other property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental health counseling
- Physical therapy
- Loss of enjoyment
- Mental anguish
- Punitive damages, in some cases
Your motorcycle accident lawyer serving Lawrenceville will work to prove the four factors listed above and seek financial justice from the responsible parties.
Lawrenceville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Our Lawyers Have Secured Millions of Dollars for Injury Claimants in Georgia
Our team is not new to the personal injury world, as our personal injury lawyers have decades of collective experience. We know how to build a successful case and what resources go into doing so.
For motorcycle accident cases, some of our successes include:
- A $650,000 award for an injured motorcyclist
- $450,000 for an injured motorcyclist
Our other success stories include:
- $11 million for a car accident
- $5.7 million for an accident caused by poor road conditions
- $4.32 million for an accident caused by a drunk driver
- $900,000 for a car accident
After retaining our firm, we can explain how much compensation you are entitled to collect. Various aspects of your situation will play a role in the value of your case, including the severity of your injuries.
Click to contact our Motorcycle Accidents lawyers today
Seek Medical Attention After Your Motorcycle Accident
You should seek medical attention for two reasons:
- You do not want to do anything that could jeopardize your health any further.
- The information you get from your doctor could help your legal team build your case.
Try to see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident– this allows you to establish evidence of your injuries and record documentation of your associated expenses. Even if you believe that your health insurance will cover certain losses, you do not want to make any assumptions.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Deserve Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accident injuries can be serious and even fatal. While many riders may recover in the weeks or months following the accident, others may be left with long-term health issues and pain. Your injuries may prevent you from working and providing for your family, and you may be dealing with intense emotional trauma. Every case is different, but many motorcycle accident victims have multiple injuries to treat. Some possible injuries you may have suffered include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Abdominal and thoracic injuries
- Road rash
- Organ damage
Kaine Law can help you fight for a settlement to cover your medical costs and other losses related to your motorcycle accident. Let our team handle your personal injury claim in Gwinnett County today.
Frequently Asked About Motorcycle Accident Cases
Before you begin your free case review, here are some questions that we can answer right now:
Will My Motorcycle Accident Case Go to Court?
We resolve many of our cases through insurance settlements, but there’s always a possibility that your motorcycle accident claim goes to court. We may need to take your case to court if:
- The liable insurance company denies your case.
- The liable insurance policy only covers your losses up to a certain point.
- You want to seek non-economic damages, like pain and suffering.
- The insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement.
Our trial lawyers can litigate your case if necessary.
When Should I Consider Working with Kaine Law?
You should consider our legal aid immediately following your accident. Time is limited in your case, and the sooner we can begin an investigation, the sooner we can start negotiating a settlement.
Some cases appear fairly simple, but even the simplest cases have the potential to get out of hand. Obtaining the help of a motorcycle attorney at the beginning of your injury claim process can help you focus on your health while also pursuing compensation.
Our motorcycle accident lawyer serving Lawrenceville can help, especially if:
- Your insurance claim was denied: A motorcycle accident attorney can help you gather the appropriate evidence to appeal your claim denial. A lawyer on our team will investigate the cause of your accident and discover the key information you need to build a stronger case.
- More than one party is involved: If there are several parties involved, such as in a multi-vehicle accident, it can be difficult to sort out who caused the motorcycle crash and who is responsible for paying. It’s your lawyer’s job to untangle the web of liability.
- The insurance company offered you a settlement: The insurance company may make a low settlement offer right away to save money and close your claim quickly. Our Lawrenceville accident lawyers will determine the value of your claim and negotiate fair compensation before you sign any papers.
- Your injuries exceed the amount of coverage available through an insurance policy: If your losses exceed the compensation available through an insurance claim, our legal team can file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Our Firm?
Not only is your first consultation free, but so is our legal aid until the conclusion of your case. Kaine Law operates on a contingency-fee basis. For you, as a client, that means:
- You don’t pay retainers or hourly rates.
- Your lawyer gets paid from your final settlement or court award.
- We don’t charge our attorney’s fees if your case is unsuccessful.
Your case’s success is important to us. We will do everything in our power to reach a fair conclusion.
Take a Look at Our Client Testimonials
We have helped many accident victims over the years. Their testimonials can give you a better idea of what it’s like working with our attorneys. Here are a few things our previous clients had to say about our legal services:
- “Evan Kaine got me a settlement when my old attorney couldn’t. He went the extra mile for me.” –M.
- “I needed a strong, trustworthy lawyer with a national reputation. Evan came to my hometown and fought the good fight.” –B.
- “Mr. Kaine and his staff are good people. They work hard to help those who need the help during tough times. I am so happy to have found Mr. Kaine and to call him and his office friends.” –H.
We know you are going through a difficult time, and we want to put the same resources and attention to detail to work for you and your family.
You Do Not Have Long to File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 notes that you could have as little as two years to file your personal injury lawsuit. You have the same amount of time if you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit. While two years may seem like worlds away, other factors could impede your right to financial recovery. If you miss the deadline, the court could dismiss your case entirely, regardless of its strength.
We can address any issues that could stop you from getting fairly compensated. Still, the sooner you call, the better we can protect your rights to compensation. We can submit any necessary documents in a timely manner and keep your deadline in mind while we negotiate with insurers.
Factors that Increase the Chances of a Lawrenceville Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycles are much more susceptible to collisions because they are much more vulnerable to certain road conditions and driver error. Many times, negligent drivers are to blame for motorcycle accidents. For example, the other driver increases their likelihood of colliding with a motorcyclist if they are driving while distracted, speeding, or driving while intoxicated.
Some of the factors that contribute to motorcycle crashes are discussed below.
Making Left Turns
In 2020, 42% of fatal two-vehicle crashes involving motorcycles occurred when a car driver was turning left while the motorcyclist was going straight, passing, or overtaking another vehicle, according to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Often, this was due to the driver’s failure to yield the right of way.
Blind Spots and Obstructed Views
A motorcycle might be hidden in a vehicle’s blind spot. Additionally, large vehicles such as trucks or buses obstruct the view of motorcycles that may be behind or in front of them. These are some of the reasons why drivers often cite that a motorcycle “came out of nowhere” when they collide with one. They quite literally may have never seen it, especially if they were not paying attention to the road while driving.
Small Size and Lane Changes
The smaller profiles of motorcycles make it harder to judge their speed and distance. The fact that motorcyclists may frequently change lanes also increases the difficulty of drivers keeping track of them.
Hazardous Road and Weather Conditions
Dangerous road and weather conditions also put riders at risk of a crash. As motorcyclists shift speeds and positions to adapt to weather conditions or avoid road hazards like potholes, slick substances, or gravel, the chances of an accident increase. Driving conditions like these may impair the ability to brake or otherwise make it more challenging to handle a motorcycle.
Car drivers can also face challenging road or weather conditions, and this can lead to collisions with motorcycles if the driver is not careful. For example, someone who is focused on driving around a pothole or other hazard may try to swerve around the debris, only to hit a motorcyclist that the driver did not see.
While most drivers don’t have to worry too much about wind, a motorcyclist should be concerned. A gust of wind can push a motorcycle, of course, due to the size and shape of the bike.
It is incumbent upon all drivers and riders to be vigilant when sharing the road. Turns, large vehicles, environmental conditions, and a number of other factors all raise the risk of getting into a motorcycle accident in Lawrenceville, GA.
Kaine Law Is Here to Help After a Motorcycle Accident in Lawrenceville
Are you interested in partnering with a Lawrenceville lawyer who handles motorcycle accident cases? We are certainly ready to partner with you and fight for fair compensation.
To start your free case review, call us now. Again, your time to take action is limited under Georgia’s statute of limitations, so contact us today.