Your life may be very different now if you or a family member suffered a catastrophic injury in an accident. You may be impaired or disabled, or struggling with family finances. Your family may be struggling in other ways, such as emotionally.
These are serious matters, and you should be able to focus on them without worrying about a legal case. A Stockbridge catastrophic injury lawyer from Kaine Law can take care of your case for you, work for you at no cost until your case resolves, and resolve your case on your behalf. We’ll tell you more during a free consultation.
What Are Some Common Catastrophic Injuries?
The most serious personal injuries are called catastrophic injuries, and they can happen in many different injury accidents. Some common catastrophic injuries tend to be:
- Injuries affecting underlying tissues: Generally, tissue injuries are superficial, but they can be catastrophic if underlying tissues are damaged. For instance, a third-degree burn can severely damage these tissues.
- Injuries affecting organs: Trauma to the abdomen can cause these injuries. They can be fatal in many cases.
- Injuries affecting the spine: These injuries can be crippling and even paralyzing. Victims may struggle to work the same job or perform household chores as usual.
- Injuries to the brain: These injuries are called traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Some TBIs cause long-lasting or even permanent mental, behavioral, and physical effects.
- Injuries resulting in amputation: An appendage or limb can be amputated if the trauma is serious enough. Living with an amputation can be very difficult, leading to many damages.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Stockbridge, call 404-214-2001
What Are Catastrophic Injury Damages?
As a result of your accident, you may have many losses, including tangible and intangible losses. For example, you may have medical expenses (tangible losses), and costs to your physical health, (intangible losses). All these losses are your damages, and you can claim them through a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Some examples of your catastrophic injury damages may be:
- Your financial losses, like your expenses for hospital care, surgery, physical therapy, a wheelchair, and/or the replacement of your vehicle
- Related financial damages, like your lost wages, your lost work benefits, and/or your lost wage-earning potential
- Physical damages, such as the pain you’re suffering through, your impairment or disability, and/or any permanent scarring
- Damages related to your physical damages, such as mental and/or emotional health issues
Punitive Damages in Catastrophic Injury Cases
Your case may involve another party’s gross negligence or malice. If a judge believes so, the judge may apply punitive damages to your case. These damages punish a party for their behavior to help prevent the behavior in the future.
Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
If you lost a loved one due to their injuries, we’re very sorry this happened. Your family has experienced a terrible, tragic loss. Your damages may be very different from the damages in a personal injury case, but you can still demand your damages through a wrongful death lawsuit.
Stockbridge Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Should I Get a Stockbridge Catastrophic Injury Lawyer?
You may want to hire a lawyer from Kaine Law to manage your case for you so you can focus on more pressing matters. Your lawyer will pursue your due damages for you and take care of every task along the way. These tasks will include:
- Building your case: There may be multiple parties involved in your case and many different sources of evidence of each party’s liability. Your lawyer will identify any liable parties (such as the employer of a driver) and gather all the evidence (such as traffic camera footage of the accident). Then, your lawyer will build your case upon this evidence.
- Bolstering your case: Your lawyer can also collect corroborating evidence for your case, such as a witness’s written statement or an expert’s court testimony. This kind of evidence can be invaluable for a case.
- Valuating your damages: Our lawyers have certain methods for determining the monetary value of a client’s intangible damages. Your lawyer will valuate your damages, which will help ensure the insurance company doesn’t devalue them.
- Proving the other party’s liability: Evidence alone won’t be enough to prove the other party’s liability. To do so, your lawyer must also establish the other party’s negligence in your case, which can be complicated.
- Negotiating the settlement: Your lawyer will push the insurer towards a fair resolution. If the insurer refuses to negotiate fairly, your lawyer can threaten to escalate the situation.
- Taking the other party to court: Your lawyer won’t hesitate to take the other party to court if it helps to retrieve your due compensation.
Click to contact our Catastrophic Injury lawyers today
There Is a Deadline to Sue in Stockbridge, GA
You and your lawyer may decide to sue the other party immediately or later in your case. Regardless, your lawyer can help you meet the filing deadline for a Georgia lawsuit. You and your lawyer will have to file your catastrophic injury lawsuit within two years of the incident, per O.C.G.A § 9-3-33.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Stockbridge
At our firm, our lawyers work on catastrophic injury cases and other personal injury cases every day. Many of these cases involve an auto accident, a motorcycle accident, a dog bite, premises liability, an ATV accident, product liability, or workers’ compensation. Our lawyers have acquired decades of experience with these cases.
Our experience has led to excellent results. For example, our lead attorney Evan Kaine qualified for the Multi-Million-Dollar Advocates Forum. We’re results-oriented, so if your attorney can’t recover compensation for you, you won’t have to pay your attorney any fees.
Connect With Kaine Law Today to Discuss Your Henry County Case
Our firm doesn’t charge any upfront fees, so you can consult with us for free. In your consultation, we’ll ask you about your (or your loved one’s) case and explain how one of our attorneys can help. If you decide to hire one of our Stockbridge catastrophic injury lawyers, you can count on your attorney to fight for you and your family.
Contact Kaine Law now for a free consultation.
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form