Drivers in Stockbridge and the Atlanta area can face serious dangers on the roads. After an accident on I-75 or another local roadway, you could be suffering from severe injuries, lost income, and mounting medical debt due to another driver’s negligence. Kaine Law can fight for you.
A Stockbridge car accident lawyer from Kaine Law can go after the compensation you may be owed. Through an insurance claim or civil action, we can pursue damages for your injury-related losses. We also offer a free initial case review where you can explore your options.
Our Attorneys Will Seek These Accident-Related Damages on Your Behalf
Whoever caused your accident could be liable for your damages. Your damages can reflect both the financial and non-financial losses that resulted from your crash.
Financial losses are those that have clear dollar values attached to them, such as your medical expenses and property damage. Non-financial losses include anything that caused you physical, mental, or emotional distress.
Compensation for the Medical Care You Need to Reach Maximum Recovery
After a car accident, you may need much more than emergency care. Depending on your injuries, you may need surgery and even ongoing physical therapy. You may find that your injuries only respond well to chiropractic treatment.
Our Stockbridge personal injury lawyers are prepared to seek compensation for any treatment you may need to reach your maximum recovery, including:
- Visits to a specialist
- In-home care
- Physical therapy, speech therapy, or other therapies
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Assistive devices and other medical equipment
We will help you pursue a recovery for your past and present medical costs as well as future anticipated expenses.
Other Forms of Compensation Available after a Car Accident
Your car accident may have affected many other aspects of your life, from your everyday routines to your career. We can seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental health concerns
- Permanent disability
- Lost life enjoyment
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Transportation costs
We will take all factors of your situation into account when seeking compensation for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Stockbridge, call 404-214-2001
How Our Car Accident Lawyers in Henry County Can Help You
You do not have to deal with filing a claim or a lawsuit on your own. Our firm’s car accident lawyers can manage the whole process from beginning to end.
- Provide legal advice and information
- Investigate your accident and collect evidence to prove your case
- Obtain your medical records
- Add up your losses and calculate the value of your claim
- Deal with insurance companies
- Litigate your case
You have a right to legal counsel when pursuing compensation after a car accident, and we can handle all aspects of your case.
Stockbridge Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Hiring a Stockbridge Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You Protect Your Rights
It can be challenging to navigate the aftermath of a car accident, especially when you must focus on healing from your injuries and figuring out how to recover from the costs of the accident. It can also be challenging to manage an injury case with other pressing concerns at the forefront, such as your medical bills and lost income.
Our Stockbridge car accident attorney can lead your case, ensuring you protect your rights and interests while seeking compensation. We will evaluate your losses and determine how much you could recover from the liable parties in your accident. If you receive a settlement offer from an insurer, we can advise you on whether it meets your post-accident needs.
Insurance companies can reject your accident claim or attempt to pay you less than you deserve. But having an attorney looking out for you can help you address that if it happens. Hiring legal representation also ensures you document your damages appropriately so they can build the strongest case for your financial recovery.
Evidence Our Attorneys Can Use to Prove Your Case in Henry County
Knowing the cause of your accident will help us understand the party or parties that may be at fault. We can utilize the following evidence to establish the cause of your accident and the cost of your related damages:
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Traffic camera footage
- Expert testimony
- The police report
- Statements from eyewitnesses (e.g., such as passengers in the car with you)
- Medical documentation
- Physical evidence
How Our Attorneys Handle Your Car Accident Case
Out-of-court settlements are often possible via an insurance claim or lawsuit. We are prepared to negotiate a fair settlement, as it can present the best and most efficient route for your recovery. Otherwise, we can take your case to trial.
If we prepare for a trial, the liable party’s insurance company may still end up making a settlement offer. The insurer may realize that the evidence is in your favor and cut the trial process short.
Our Attorneys Are Prepared to Deal with Any Challenges to Your Claim
Even seemingly clear injury cases can take time and involve legal complications. This is where our attorneys come in. We have experience handling car accident cases, and we will know how to deal with challenges such as:
- Claims that you were more responsible for the accident than you were
- Claims that your injuries aren’t serious
- Delays in processing your case
- Unfairly low settlement offers
- Outright denial of your claim
Kaine Law will handle any unfair or aggressive insurance tactics for you. We will also be prepared to demonstrate your actual damages through solid evidence. This way, the insurance company will have less room to challenge your claim for compensation.
Click to contact our Car Accidents lawyers today
Kaine Law Offers Help on a Contingency Fee Basis
Some lawyers charge hourly rates and retainers to take clients’ injury cases. We don’t. Kaine Law works on a contingency fee basis, so your final award pays for our legal services. You will know everything about our payment plan at the beginning of your case.
In other words, you don’t owe any attorney’s fees unless we win results for you. Ideally, we want to resolve your situation at no out-of-pocket cost to you or your loved ones. Any financial compensation we recover for you from a personal injury lawsuit can help you pay your expenses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Act Promptly to Follow Georgia’s Statute of Limitations
Under O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is just two years. There may be exceptions that shorten that deadline. It’s important that we begin working on your case as soon as possible. Otherwise, you could be unable to seek damages through litigation.
There are other reasons to act promptly for your case. Some forms of evidence can be time-sensitive, for instance. The sooner you contact our team, the more time we have to gather crucial evidence such as witness statements, security camera footage, and more.
Our Attorneys Can Determine the At-Fault Party in Your Stockbridge Car Accident
When someone’s negligence leads to your accident and injuries, they can be held legally responsible for the harm they caused. Sometimes, more than one party is liable for a car accident. For instance, if multiple vehicle drivers were involved in an accident, several of the drivers could be responsible for your losses.
Some liable parties in your case could include:
- A government agency
- Another motorist
- A company (if you were injured by an on-the-clock employee)
- A vehicle’s manufacturer
A lawyer with our firm can help investigate the cause of your accident and identify all liable parties.
We Can Prove Negligence Using Your Case’s Evidence
Any case for compensation must be supported by evidence. Whether we present that evidence in an insurance claim or a civil lawsuit, your case must establish the following:
- Duty of care. Another party had an obligation to keep you safe or act with reasonable prudence.
- Breach of duty. The at-fault party engaged in reckless or careless behavior.
- Causation. The at-fault party’s actions caused the accident, and you were injured.
- Damages. Your injuries resulted in financial and non-financial losses.
If we can prove all of these elements, you could recover damages for your injury-related losses.
Reasons to Consider Working with Kaine Law
Our team has decades of collective experience helping injured people in Georgia. We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), members of the Multi-Million-Dollar Advocates Forum, and Avvo gave us a 10/10 for customer service.
Here are some other reasons you may wish to hire our team:
Kaine Law Has Recovered Millions for Injured People
Take a look at some of our case results:
- We recovered $11 million for a car accident claimant.
- We secured $5.75 million for our client who was injured in a collision.
- We won $4.325 million for our client who suffered injuries in a drunk driving accident.
- We recovered $900,000 for our client who was hurt in a motor vehicle crash.
Our Clients Love Working With Us
Check out some of the reviews our former clients have left behind:
- “My mother was in a serious car accident almost a year ago where she ended up in the trauma unit. Mr. Kaine called me personally to see how she was doing! I know when Kaine Law represents us it’s going to be a stress free process. I highly recommend them…” – Stephanie G.
- “Kaine Law was excellent! They handled everything after I was involved in a multiple vehicle car crash. Chris and Julia were prompt, professional and caring. Thank you for everything!!” – Rebecka S.
- “I was involved in an auto accident back in August 2019, and was searching and searching for an attorney that was reputable and honest… I have had nothing but a smooth and easy experience from treatment to finalizing numbers… Thank you all for your hard work and dedication.” – Seferino P.
Kaine Law Can Assist Victims of Catastrophic Injury
You may be facing life-changing injuries after an auto accident. We can help if you are facing a catastrophic injury such as:
- Spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Our personal injury attorney team has experience assisting victims in seeking the full compensation they deserve for these serious injuries. We know how to analyze your medical records and prognosis to help you accurately value your case.
We Will Consider Your Injuries When Calculating Your Case’s Value
The severity of your injuries plays a role in your claim. The more severe your injuries, the more you may be able to recover through a settlement or award.
For instance, with a catastrophic injury such as a TBI, Mayo Clinic notes that you could go on to require long-term or even lifelong care, such as:
- Speech therapy to improve language function
- Physical therapy to regain your balance and coordination
- Occupational therapy to help you re-learn everyday independence skills
- Medications for seizures
- Mental health counseling for changes in mood
You may require these treatments in addition to other life adjustments that could affect you over the long term. After a catastrophic TBI, you may not be able to return to your former job.
Kaine Law Can Help You Seek the Best Recovery for Moderate or Serious Injury
A catastrophic injury is not the only type of car accident injury for which you can seek recovery. You may be surprised by how much you could be eligible to claim for even more moderate injuries.
Some car accident injuries that could impact your life include:
- Broken bones
- Back and shoulder injuries
- The loss of one or more limbs
- Organ damage
- Eye injuries
Our lawyers serving Stockbridge, GA, can accurately assess your injuries to seek compensation for your past and future losses.
Take These Important Steps after a Car Accident in Stockbridge
You can take several important steps to protect your right to seek compensation. Our attorneys recommend the following:
Get Attention for Your Injuries and Records of Your Treatment
Your number one priority after an accident should be your health. This is for several reasons. First, getting treatment is an important step in your physical recovery. You may not even realize that you have significant injuries until you see a doctor, as some symptoms can be difficult to detect in the immediate aftermath of the crash.
Second, getting medical documentation of your symptoms is crucial for your injury case because:
- It shows a direct link between the crash and your health condition.
- You can demonstrate the progression of your injuries over time as you seek additional treatment.
- You can document that the injury is affecting your ability to work.
You may not be sure if some medical treatments are necessary, such as recommended medications or physical therapy. However, get this treatment if a doctor advises it. An insurer could say that you neglected your own injuries if you do not attend necessary appointments—and use this as a reason to lower your settlement amount.
Report the Crash to Your Insurance Company
Making a report of a car accident is required by insurance companies. You should inform your insurer of your accident soon after the crash. You may also want to take a look at your policy’s language to ensure that you report the accident within the expected time frame.
When you call the insurance company, keep these tips in mind:
- Be brief.
- Stick to objective facts about the accident.
- Don’t admit fault or reflect at length on your own actions.
- Avoid making a recorded statement about the accident.
You may want to think that the insurance company is on your side, but ultimately, this is a company that is protecting its own bottom line. It may try to find reasons to lower your payout based on your statements about the crash; it’s best to keep any conversations with insurers to a minimum.
If you choose to hire our Stockbridge personal injury lawyers, we can handle all communication with the insurance company for you, so you don’t have to worry about these potential complications.
Be Aware of Low Settlement Offers
It is not uncommon for car accident victims to get a settlement offer from an insurance company soon after the crash. It may be tempting to conclude your case and receive a check as soon as possible. However, you should know that this settlement offer may be lower than you deserve.
You don’t have to accept the first settlement offer an insurance company makes. If you feel pressured to take this offer, let the representative know that your lawyer will take over the conversation from there.
Our team can evaluate any settlement offers you receive to ensure that you’re getting the compensation you deserve.
Gather Your Own Evidence
Many forms of documentation can be helpful for your case. Consider collecting:
- Your car accident report from the Henry County Police Department. A copy of the report is available online and by mail.
- Photos of your injuries or the scene of the crash. Hang onto any photographic evidence you may have collected in the aftermath of the accident.
- Receipts for out-of-pocket expenses. The costs of a car accident can add up quickly. If you paid for medical equipment or transportation costs while your car was being repaired, hang onto these receipts.
Get a Free Personal Injury Consultation to Help Determine Your Next Steps
Car accident cases can be complicated, and you don’t have to determine your options on your own. You can call our team for a free case review. During your call, we will ask you to tell us basic facts about your case. Then, you can ask us your own questions about your next steps, including:
- What types of compensation could I seek?
- What is your experience with cases like mine?
- How long could it take to complete my case?
- How will you stay in touch with me throughout my case?
After our initial conversation, we will get to work investigating the details of your accident. We can then provide even more detailed information about who is liable for your crash and your legal options for recovery.
Reach Out to Kaine Law Today for Legal Help After a Stockbridge Car Accident
You can focus on your recovery while we handle the legal details. Our collision lawyers can investigate your Stockbridge accident, gather evidence, and calculate the value of your case. We can also deal with insurance negotiations on your behalf and take your case to court if needed.
Contact Kaine Law for a free case evaluation.