You or a family member may have suffered a catastrophic injury in a recent accident caused by someone else. If so, you can hold the responsible party accountable for your damages through a catastrophic injury claim or lawsuit. Our firm can help you prove the other party’s liability, determine the value of your non-financial damages, and negotiate your settlement.
There’s a lot more we can do for you. During a free consultation, we’ll tell you more about what an Atlanta personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law will do to help you find justice and compensation in your case.
What Types of Injuries Are Catastrophic Injuries?
Generally, catastrophic injuries are especially serious injuries that affect a victim’s spine, brain, or ability to use a body part. These injuries can be common in serious personal injury incidents, such as car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and dog bites, and some catastrophic injuries are more common than others. Some common catastrophic injuries are:
- Spinal injuries: These injuries can be especially serious. Even a minor injury to the spinal cord can affect a victim’s functioning forever since it can result in chronic, debilitating pain or even paralysis. For this reason, many spinal injuries are classified as catastrophic injuries.
- Brain injuries: Often, these are called traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), and they can leave a victim with long-term or permanent mental, behavioral, and/or physical impairment. The most serious TBIs are classified as catastrophic injuries.
- Abdominal injuries: These injuries can cause internal damage, which can be catastrophic or fatal. Abdominal injuries can be difficult to identify since there may not be any obvious external damage.
- Amputations: Losing a limb or appendage can affect a victim’s life in many ways. The victim may have to relearn household tasks and tasks at work and might suffer terrible physical and emotional damages.
- Severe burns: With these injuries, a victim may suffer lasting pain, disfigurement, and other damages.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Atlanta, call 404-214-2001
What Damages Are Available in a Georgia Catastrophic Injury Case?
In catastrophic injury cases, the damages can be major. A victim may have serious physical, mental, emotional, and financial damages, including some damages that may last indefinitely. In a claim or lawsuit, you may be able to demand many of these damages:
- Medical damages, such as the costs of an ambulance ride, an emergency room/hospital stay, a doctor’s services, a physical therapist’s services, medication, medical devices, surgery, and related costs
- Property-related damages, including the costs of repairing or replacing a vehicle and other personal property damaged or destroyed in the incident
- Lost wages, including the wages you can’t earn during your recovery and due to your injuries preventing you from doing the same kind of work again
- Emotional anguish and any resulting depression due to your injuries affecting your life and relationships
- Mental anguish and any resulting anxiety
- Physical pain due to your injuries
- Impairment or disability
- Loss of consortium
Wrongful Death Damages
If you have a case involving loss of life, you can pursue wrongful death damages, such as:
- Unresolved medical bills
- Funeral costs and related costs
- Lost family income
- Emotional anguish
- Mental anguish
- Lost companionship
- Lost parental love
Atlanta Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Is a Georgia Catastrophic Injury Claim Different Than Other Personal Injury Claims?
Basically, catastrophic injury claims involve especially serious injuries and damages compared to other claims. For example, you can file a third-party claim or a personal injury lawsuit to seek compensation.
Click to contact our Catastrophic Injury lawyers today
What Is a Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit?
In some cases involving catastrophic injury, the victim may want to sue the responsible party. Suing with a catastrophic injury lawsuit can hold a party directly accountable for an incident and the resulting injuries, and it can also lead to a fairer and more favorable outcome. You can discuss suing with a lawyer from our firm.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Can an Atlanta Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Help Me?
There’s a lot that one of the Atlanta catastrophic injury lawyers from our firm can do for you. Your lawyer can take over your entire case from you, allowing you to focus on other matters, like your recovery. By taking over your entire case, your lawyer will be taking on all of these tasks for you:
- Investigating your case: Your lawyer will look into precisely who is responsible for your accident and who is liable for your damages. The liable party may be an individual, a company, a property owner, or another entity.
- Gathering evidence: In your case, the evidence could be security camera footage, the authorities’ accident report, and/or other kinds of evidence. Your lawyer will also look for corroborating evidence, such as a witness’s written statement.
- Determining the value of your damages: Your non-financial damages, like your pain and suffering, are difficult to evaluate accurately. Your lawyer will do this for you.
- Filing your claim or lawsuit: Your lawyer will follow proper procedures and help you meet the filing deadline for a lawsuit or a potential lawsuit.
- Proving liability: This requires establishing how the other party was negligent. Your lawyer will have to show a duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages.
- Negotiating your settlement: Negotiations can be complicated, especially if the insurance company or opposing lawyers don’t cooperate in good faith. Your lawyer can threaten to take them to court if necessary.
- Fighting for a fair court verdict: Your lawyer can hire experts, like an accident reconstructionist, for their court testimonies. In court, your lawyer will demand your due compensation.
What Kinds of Catastrophic Injury Cases Do You Handle?
Our firm handles catastrophic injury cases involving car accidents, motorcycle accidents, dog bites, premises liability, and many other issues. As a personal injury firm, we can help you regardless of the circumstances of your case, even if it involves the loss of a loved one.
We have decades of experience handling cases like yours and achieving results. Our Atlanta catastrophic injury attorneys fight hard for accident victims and their families, and our lead attorney, attorney Evan Kaine, has qualified for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Watch our video on the Top 5 Reasons Why Kaine Law Is Right for You.
Learn More About Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Atlanta
We can tell you more about our Atlanta catastrophic injury law firm and our attorneys during a free consultation. In your consultation, we’ll go over your (or your loved one’s) case and your options with you, including the option of filing a lawsuit. We’ll also tell you about how you can work with one of our attorneys on a contingency-fee basis. With this arrangement, you won’t pay your attorney unless they obtain compensation for you.
Contact Kaine Law today for your free consultation and case review.