If you were injured in a train accident, you could be in serious pain and facing many life challenges. Whether you were hit by a train as a vehicle driver or you suffered the loss of a loved one in a train accident, we could help.
Our Atlanta personal injury lawyers can help you seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and more. Let Kaine Law investigate your personal injury case and handle your claim or lawsuit.
You Could Have Legal Options After a Train Accident in Atlanta, GA
Depending on the nature of the train accident, you could have several legal options to seek compensation for your injuries:
Car Accidents Involving Trains
If you were injured in an accident with a train, a reckless train driver or train company could be at fault.
For instance, a train driver could have sped through a railroad crossing, or a train company may have failed to maintain a train in safe working order. You could file a claim or lawsuit to seek compensation from the negligent train company.
Similarly, if a train driver or train company’s carelessness led to an accident that caused your loved one’s passing, you could seek compensation for your loss through a wrongful death case. Our team will determine fault for your train accident.
Train Passenger Injuries
If you were injured as a passenger on a train, you could have several options for seeking compensation. You could pursue a claim or lawsuit for:
- A slip and fall injury that occurred in a train car
- A train accident – such as a derailment – that led to your injuries as a train passenger
After we investigate the evidence in your case, we can tell you who could be held liable for your train accident and injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a train accident lawyer serving Atlanta, call 404-214-2001
How a Train Accident Lawyer in Atlanta Could Help You
A train accident lawyer from Kaine Law can help you seek compensation. Our attorneys can:
- Give you a free case review to learn about your situation
- Tell you what damages you qualify to seek
- Explain your legal options in clear terms
- Gather important evidence for your case
- File legal paperwork for you
- Handle all communications with third parties for you
- Negotiate a fair settlement for you
- Litigate for you and prepare your case for trial
- Work for you based on contingency, so you owe nothing upfront to start a case
We could secure a settlement for you without the necessity of pursuing a civil lawsuit. On the other hand, we are ready to take your case to trial if this presents the best option for your financial recovery.
Damages You Could Recover in a Train Injury Case
Our attorneys can explain what forms of compensation (also known as damages) you could seek through an injury claim or lawsuit. You could be entitled to seek a recovery for your:
- Medical bills: This could reflect the cost of your past, present, and future medical care needs. We will work to get the compensation you need for your medications, surgeries, physical therapy, diagnostic testing, visits to a doctor, emergency room care, and more.
- Lost wages: If you could not earn your normal wages because of an injury, you could seek compensation.
- Reduced earning capacity: You may need to take a different job or reduce your hours because of physical limitations. We can help you pursue a recovery for the difference between your past and current earnings.
- Pain and suffering: You could seek compensation for your physical and emotional pain.
- Wrongful death damages: If you lost a loved one to a train accident another party caused, you could seek compensation for your financial and non-financial losses.
Once we understand how the accident and your injuries have affected you, we will seek compensation that reflects your losses.
Statistics Related to Cars Hit By Trains
Train accidents can often cause deadly accidents or result in serious life-changing injuries. The force of a freight train hitting a car can be compared to a car driving over and crushing a soda can.
Operation Lifesaver, a national nonprofit rail safety education group, reports that a train hits a person or vehicle nearly every three hours. National statistics show that the driver of a car involved in a vehicle-train accident is nearly 20 times more likely to be killed in the crash compared to a collision with another vehicle.
Getting involved in an accident with a train is a very serious matter, and you can benefit from the help of our car accident lawyers. Beyond your vehicle’s damage, getting hurt in such an accident represents a legal matter our law firm in Atlanta can manage.
Our team of car accident attorneys can:
- Walk you or your family members through the claim filing process
- Inform you of your rights
- Fight for the compensation you need
Many Train Accidents Are Fatal
Train accidents can happen for many reasons. Some accidents occur at railroad crossings that have faulty or inadequate warning devices. Drivers (and pedestrians) may pass through a railroad crossing or over a railroad track with a false sense of security. They might not know a train is approaching. It can take a train over one mile to brake and come to a complete stop when traveling at an average speed.
The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) compiles statistics from train accidents nationwide. Their reports reveal an average of 400 railroad-related trespass deaths each year in the United States.
You don’t have to be alone in your case if you lost a loved one to a train accident. Our attorneys can help you seek compensation.
Contact a Georgia Train Accident Attorney’s Team Today To Get Started
Train accidents are complicated, and you may benefit from the help of our Georgia train accident lawyers. The train accident lawyers at Kaine Law are ready to help you. If you or a loved one was seriously hurt after a train accident, call us. Let us start fighting for you.
Call our firm working with Atlanta accident victims today to speak to a train accident lawyer’s team at (404) 214-2001. Hablamos Español.