If you were injured in a car accident, Kaine Law can help you pursue compensation for your losses. Whether you were hit during your morning commute on I-29 or while heading home from an evening dinner in Downtown Lawrenceville, we know how to help.
Our Lawrenceville personal injury lawyer will build a case to establish the defendant’s negligence and seek damages. We can protect your right to pursue compensation while you focus on recovering from your injuries. If our accident attorneys do not recover compensation for you, there is no cost for our services.
Our Attorneys will Build a Case To Prove Who Was at Fault
Our Lawrenceville personal injury lawyers will handle all the details of your injury case for you. A lawyer from our firm can:
- Take the lead in demonstrating negligence and liability
- Gather evidence that establishes fault
- Work with expert witnesses who can speak to how the accident happened
- Communicate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Build a powerful case for fair compensation
Filing a case for compensation after a car accident entails many important steps. Even in a relatively straightforward case, seeking a fair recovery can prove complicated and challenging. Our lawyers will deal with all the necessary legal details.
How Our Attorneys Prove Liability
To pursue compensation through a personal injury claim or lawsuit, we will prove the other driver met the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: The other driver had a responsibility to drive safely
- Breach of Duty: The other driver did not uphold their duty of care, driving irresponsibly
- Causation: The other driver directly caused your injuries
- Damages: You now have financial losses due to your injuries
We will work to build the strongest possible evidence to prove that these facts are true of your case. We can use police reports, witness statements, security camera footage, accident reconstruction data, and other sources of evidence to make your case.
Even in situations where liability may be more challenging to prove, such as when a negligent driver was distracted or texting, we can work to show that the liable party was negligent. We can point to evidence of reckless driving, illegal maneuvers, or other forms of carelessness on the road.
How We Will Handle the Claims or Lawsuit Process
Many accident victims will want to know if they will need to file a lawsuit against the other driver. To seek fair compensation for you, we may file an insurance claim or a civil suit.
We can in many cases seek the financial recovery you deserve through an out-of-court settlement. This can be an expedient option for all parties. However, we also know from experience that filing a lawsuit can motivate the insurance company to make you the settlement offer you deserve.
Our injury lawyers are prepared to take either action, depending on which route will be best for your potential compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Lawrenceville, call 404-214-2001
You Deserve Compensation for Your Losses in Lawrenceville, GA
After a car accident, you could be facing serious physical injuries that lead to extensive losses and expenses. We can help you recover the costs of your:
Medical Bills for Emergency Care and Beyond
A primary concern for many victims of car accidents is how they will pay for their medical care—including the ongoing costs of care. Medical bills may include:
- A ride in an ambulance
- Emergency room care
- MRIs or X-rays
- Physical rehabilitation
- Chiropractic care
While your insurance may provide some coverage, you may still face significant medical costs beyond what your insurance will cover. The other driver’s insurance may be responsible for the full costs of your medical care, including any long-term care you might require.
Attorney Evan Kaine and the team at Kaine Law can gather medical records and bills to demand appropriate compensation for all your medical costs.
Lost Wages and Other Career Impacts
You could recover compensation for lost wages and reduced earning capacity. These damages compensate you for wages lost while recovering. They can also address your losses if your injuries prevent you from working in the same capacity as before your injury.
Pain and Suffering
Non-economic damages may be recoverable in addition to your economic losses. Examples can include:
- Pain and suffering: After an accident, you could face extreme physical and emotional pain due to your injuries—and your compensation could reflect your suffering.
- Lost enjoyment of life: If you cannot experience life the way you did before the accident, you could be compensated for this loss.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): If you face psychological trauma and disturbing flashbacks after a crash, you could seek compensation.
You could also qualify to recover compensation for property damage you suffered in the accident. If your vehicle’s value is diminished, you could pursue a diminished value claim as well.
A Lawrenceville car accident lawyer from Kaine Law can place a proper dollar value on your claim. We can determine how a car accident impacted your life and demand fair compensation on your behalf.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a car accident, our Lawrenceville wrongful death lawyer can help you file a wrongful death claim. Certain surviving family members can seek compensation for the emotional and financial losses your family now faces.
Kaine Law Can Handle Complex Auto Accident Cases So You Don’t Have to
Some car accident cases are especially complicated. Your case may involve multiple liable parties or a major company’s insurance policy.
We are not afraid to take on tough cases. We can handle car accident cases involving complicating factors such as:
- Rideshare drivers
- Trucking companies or truck drivers
- Accidents on construction sites
- Government agencies that may be liable
When Multiple Parties are Liable
You may think you know who is responsible for your accident—that is, the negligent driver that hit you. After we investigate, however, we may find that more than one party is responsible for your accident.
Let’s say that a truck driver caused your car accident. If the driver was working at the time of the crash, however, the trucking company may be found liable as well. This could mean many important things for your case. You could be able to seek compensation from a higher corporate insurance policy, for instance.
We will be sure to identify all parties responsible for your accident.
When an Employee of a Transportation Company Caused Your Crash
Beyond truck drivers, others may be working at the time they hit you, including rideshare drivers. This is another complex accident situation, as you may be eligible to file a claim through Uber or Lyft’s policy.
If you were in a rideshare accident or a taxi accident, we can help.
When You’re Facing Unfair or Aggressive Insurance Tactics
Our car accident lawyers in Lawrenceville are familiar with the ways insurance companies protect their bottom lines. We know how to counter unfair claims or aggressive tactics, including:
- Outright denial of your case without good reason
- A delay in processing your claim for compensation
- Claims that you aren’t as injured as you are
- Unfair claims that you were partially liable
These strategies are often intended to reduce your settlement amount. With our legal representation, we will build evidence to show that you have a right to recover the damages involved in your case.
What to Expect During Your Free Case Review With Our Lawrenceville Team
Get a free case review from our team to learn your options. During your call, we may ask you essential questions about the crash. You may want to be prepared with any documentation you have about your case, including any crash reports, details about the other driver, your medical bills, and any other accident-related records.
You can take this time to ask us more about:
- Whether you could have a case against a reckless driver
- How do we go about seeking compensation
- What forms of damages you may be eligible to claim
- How long a case may take
- How we will stay in contact throughout your case
You don’t have to wait to call our team and take advantage of this free consultation. You can contact us at any point after your crash, whether you were just in an accident or you are facing problems with an existing insurance claim. The call comes with no obligation. Whether you decide to work with our team or not, we are prepared to answer your questions today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Choose Kaine Law for Your Lawrenceville Car Accident Case?
At Kaine Law, our accident attorneys are ready to fight for your right to seek a recovery. Here are a few reasons to choose our team for your legal representation:
- A track record of case results: We’ve won six-, seven-, and even eight-figure settlements for car accident victims.
- Availability to take your call 24/7: We know that many people need flexibility in scheduling when they contact a law firm for the first time. You can get a free case review from our team anytime, day or night.
- A commitment to service: At Kaine Law, we keep you informed and updated throughout your case. We want you to feel supported through every step.
- Contingency-fee based representation: We reduce the financial risk involved in hiring a lawyer after a car accident. You don’t have to pay any upfront fees, and we will only get paid if we win your case.
We also bring multiple decades of experience helping injury victims in the Atlanta area and Lawrenceville. We are familiar faces in Lawrenceville courtrooms, and we will use our local resources to seek the best results for you.
Reviews from Past Car Accident Clients
Our goal is to offer the personalized attention that each case deserves. Some of our past clients describe their experience with our team:
- “Mr. Evan Kaine, Julia, Megan, Nancy and the rest of the Kaine Law team have been outstanding! They’ve been handling me and my family’s accident cases for a little over 10 years! My mother was in a serious car accident almost a year ago where she ended up in the trauma unit. Mr. Kaine called me personally to see how she was doing! I know when Kaine Law represents us it’s going to be a stress free process. I highly recommend them! You won’t be disappointed!” —Stephanie G.
- “They got me a great settlement check for my car accident two years ago! Definitely more than I thought I would receive. Special thanks to Dionna and Chris. Thank you for everything!!” —Maiya A.
- “This firm rocks! My team with Chris and Julia was amazing to work with! You want to go with these guys!” —Dez C.
Georgia Laws That May Affect Your Case for Compensation
Many laws in Georgia could affect your car accident case. We can tell you more about the laws that may affect your right to seek compensation.
State Law Gives You a Limited Time to Pursue Your Lawsuit
There is a strict time limit on filing a lawsuit for car accident cases in Lawrenceville and across Georgia. This time limit is called the statute of limitations.
According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you generally have two years following your crash to file a lawsuit. Other deadlines may apply to your case, depending on who is liable for your accident. For instance, you may have only six months to file suit if a government entity is responsible, per O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5.
Failure to act within the specified time limit for your case may keep you from recovering compensation. We will help you meet this vital time limit and protect your right to seek recovery.
Our Attorneys Are Prepared to Counter Claims of Contributory Negligence
Your attorney can also fight back against inaccurate allegations of shared fault. In Georgia, another party may try to claim that your own negligence contributed to the accident—and this could reduce your settlement amount, according to O.C.G.A. § 51-12-33.
However, we will work to counter any false claims that you were to blame for the accident. We can build a case demonstrating the other driver’s fault.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What You Can Do to Protect Your Right to Compensation After a Georgia Crash
The actions you take in the aftermath of your accident can make an important difference in the outcome of your case. Consider the following:
Gather Your Own Evidence File
Hang onto any evidence related to your case. For instance, if you have contact information for eyewitnesses, you can pass these on to your legal team.
Keep track of any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses, such as transportation costs if you are unable to use your car.
Follow Through on Your Doctor’s Orders
One of the most important things you can do for your case is to get medical care for your injuries. Be sure to not only get treatment immediately after the crash but attend any recommended follow-up appointments or take any important medications. Documenting your medical care will create a record that:
- You were injured—and the car crash was the cause.
- Your injuries may keep you from working, per your doctor’s notes.
- Your injuries are significant and you could need ongoing or future care.
With evidence of your medical care, we will be better able to counter any challenges to your claim. If you saw a physical therapist for four months after the crash, it will be harder for the insurer to say your injuries aren’t serious.
Be Careful About What You Say
Unfortunately, your words can be used to harm your case, depending on where you make statements about the crash. We advise that you:
- Avoid posting on social media after the accident
- Decline an insurance adjuster’s invitations to make a recorded statement
- Be brief on calls with the insurance company
When you discuss the accident with the insurance company, it’s all too easy to make comments that could be misconstrued as an admission of fault. Relatedly, if you post comments on social media about how the crash happened, this too could be misconstrued and used to lower your settlement value.
Don’t Sign a Settlement Offer Until You Know It’s Fair
Our personal injury lawyers understand that you may likely need your check as soon as possible to pay for significant bills. Still, don’t sign any offers until you know that the agreed amount reflects the compensation you deserve.
As mentioned previously, our team’s goal is to seek compensation for all available damages in your case, including future medical care. If you sign a settlement agreement too early, you might be leaving a great deal of money on the table.
Kaine Law Can Help You Get Started on a Lawrenceville Injury Case
The team at Kaine Law is ready to help you. We can take every necessary step to protect your legal rights while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Give us a call today at (404) 214-2001 for your free consultation.