Golf cart accidents can lead to serious injuries. You shouldn’t have to bear the costs of your accident on your own.
If you were injured in a golf cart accident and need a lawyer, an Atlanta personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law can help. We can help you seek compensation for all the ways the accident has affected your health, your finances, and your life. We offer free consultations so you can learn your options at no obligation.
What Damages Might I Receive After an Atlanta Golf Cart Accident?
You can seek several forms of compensation in personal injury cases involving golf carts, including:
- Medical expenses: This includes hospital and rehabilitation costs, prescriptions, medical equipment, surgeries, emergency care, and more.
- Lost wages or future income: If you are out of work because of your injuries or will be in the future.
- Property damage: Expenses to repair any property damaged during the accident. This can include repairing a motor vehicle or repairing fences and landscaping destroyed by a golf cart.
- Pain and suffering: This refers to physical, mental, and emotional trauma caused by your injuries.
- Wrongful death: If you lost a loved one to the accident, close family members may file a wrongful death suit seeking compensation. These damages include funeral expenses, medical expenses, and non-economic losses.
Golf Cart Accidents Can Lead to Serious Injuries – and You Can Get Compensation
Golf cart injuries can be just as serious or even more severe than passenger vehicle accidents, as there is no frame surrounding the driver or any airbag protection. Depending on your situation, you could experience:
- Head trauma: This includes concussion, skull fracture, or brain injury.
- Broken bones: This may mean a broken wrist, leg, or arm.
- Internal injuries: This includes chest trauma or herniated discs in the spine. These injuries are often caused by violent ejections from your vehicle.
- Spinal cord injuries: These injuries range in severity and could entail incomplete or complete paralysis of the lower, middle, and upper spine.
If you require ongoing or long-term medical care to treat serious injuries like these, our team will help you seek compensation to cover those costs.
For a free legal consultation with a golf cart accident lawyer serving Atlanta, call 404-214-2001
Why Work with an Atlanta Golf Cart Accident Attorney from Kaine Law?
Our lawyers can advise you on the best steps to take after an accident. We understand how to build a strong case based on evidence.
At Kaine Law, our attorneys will:
Determine the Value of Your Case
Your accident could have affected every aspect of your life. We will investigate your case, determine your damages, and fight for every dollar available. We will fight for your compensation so you don’t have to pay out of pocket for accident-related costs.
Pursue an Out-of-Court Settlement or a Lawsuit
We are prepared to seek compensation through insurance claim negotiations or through a lawsuit in civil court. After we investigate your case, we will tell you which option is best for you.
We will handle all the conversations with insurance companies or the entire process of litigation.
Use Our Knowledge of Atlanta Injury Cases
Our Atlanta attorneys have experience dealing with cases similar to yours. This includes years of working on lawsuits at trial, using our resources in Atlanta to build evidence for injury accidents, and more.
When we fight for you, we will use our knowledge of personal injury cases and experience fighting for victims in Atlanta courtrooms.
Atlanta Golf Cart Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Work for You Based on Contingency
When you work with our team, we can begin your case with no upfront fees involved. We work based on contingency fees, so we only get paid if we win results for you.
Click to contact our Golf Cart Accident lawyers today
Who Can Be Held Responsible for my Georgia Golf Cart Accident?
Several parties could potentially be found liable for your injuries in a golf cart accident, including the manufacturer and distributor of the vehicle, as well as any negligent third-party driver(s).
In addition, a property owner can also be held responsible if they neglected to address any known dangers associated with the property’s golf carts. For example, if an owner knew that the cart was not equipped with proper braking systems and failed to address this issue, they could be liable.
Our attorneys will identify who is liable for your golf cart accident and work to hold them responsible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Georgia Laws That May Affect Your Golf Cart Accident Case
Several laws at the state and local level could affect your case, as Georgia and the city of Atlanta have laws governing where and how golf carts can be driven.
Requirements for Golf Carts on the Road in Georgia
According to the Georgia Department of Public Safety, golf carts are defined as low-speed vehicles that move at no more than 15mph. Per O.C.G.A § 40-6-331, local ordinances may determine regulations for golf cart inspection, operation, registration, and more.
O.C.G.A § 40-6-330 further explains that motorized cart drivers may only drive during daylight hours unless they are safely equipped for nighttime driving.
The Georgia Department of Revenue details additional requirements for low-speed vehicle owners and operators. Golf carts must:
- Be registered
- Be equipped with an amber light to alert other drivers of their presence
- Only be driven on roads marked 35mph or lower
Golf Cart Driver Negligence Can Be Used as Evidence for Your Case
If a golf cart driver neglected to comply with these or other local laws governing golf cart use in Atlanta, our lawyers can use this as evidence to build your case.
Additionally, if a golf cart driver displayed these common forms of negligence or carelessness, this can also be used as evidence for your compensation:
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to obey signage
- Illegal driving maneuvers
- Failure to yield to bike or pedestrian traffic
We can build evidence of negligence from sources such as police reports, local traffic or business camera footage, witness statements, and more.
An Atlanta Golf Cart Accident Lawyer from Our Team Can Help
If you were involved in a golf cart accident, take advantage of a free consultation with our team. At Kaine Law, we will work to ensure your rights are protected and pursue maximum compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.