If you are recovering from a train accident injury or have had a loved one succumb to catastrophic injuries sustained in a train accident, then you can recover a monetary award that can cover a range of losses, such as medical bills. The metro train and the wider railroad system in Georgia are responsible for transporting thousands of people and goods inter-cities and across state lines.
But incidents such as derailments or trains colliding with other vehicles at crossroads can result in catastrophic injuries to the victims. Our Lawrenceville train accident lawyer at Kaine Law is here to handle all the legal and administrative legwork of your claim so that you can devote your energy and resources to healing from your injuries. Reach out to us for a free case review.
Train Accidents Cause Destructive Injuries and Deaths
Whether truck-train, car-train, or pedestrian-train accidents, the consequences are annihilating. The speed and sheer size of the train hold the potential to cause immense physical injuries to people. Common injuries from train accidents include:
- Whiplash: Since trains travel at high speed, a sudden stop during an accident can cause passengers in the train and in any other vehicle involved in the wreck to suffer whiplash, which can eventually result in severe nerve damage in the neck and spinal cord.
- Fractures: Broken bones and fractures that people sustain in train collisions may require extensive medical treatment, physical therapy, and rehabilitation sessions.
- Damage to internal organs: Depending on the nature of the accident, the victims may experience severe damage to soft tissues and internal organs such as punctured lungs. They may also suffer internal bleeding, which can be deadly if immediate medical attention is unavailable.
- TBI and concussion: Train accident victims may sustain serious brain injuries that can result in temporary or permanent brain damage. In some cases, the victim may be left in a coma, which can require long-term hospitalization.
- Spinal cord injuries: Serious train accidents can cause victims to endure paralysis, significantly diminished physical strength, and loss of sensation and bodily function in one or multiple parts of the body, which can impede their ability to work or perform basic activities.
- Psychological trauma: Victims that have experienced a catastrophic event such as a train accident may battle lifelong PTSD, depression, anxiety, and other psychological issues.
Further, train accidents can leave victims and their families with significant financial stress, especially if the victim cannot return to work.
Our Lawrenceville train accident attorney helps you collect financial reparations for all the damages you have suffered from the railroad company’s negligence.
For a free legal consultation with a train accident lawyer serving Lawrenceville, call 404-214-2001
Lawrenceville Train Accident Lawyer Can Help Determine Who Holds Liability for Your Injuries
Who you’ll be able to sue for compensation will vary based on the details of the accident. We will investigate your train wreck to uncover how the accident happened and who is at fault. Some possible at-fault parties may include:
- Train operator: Some train accidents can be attributed to the train operator’s erroneous actions. Examples of such mistakes that can lead to wrecks include poor training, carelessness during operation, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or driving while tired or distracted.
- Railroad company: Railroad companies must adhere to certain safety regulations while operating their lines. The company could be sued for negligence if the train accident occurred due to factors such as railroad operator error, rail line defect, and lack of maintenance.
- Product manufacturers or distributors: If the train accident happened because a critical component of the train or railroad, such as brakes, wheels, or railway tracks, was defective, then the manufacturer and distributor of the product can be held liable.
- Railway service workers: Multiple employees work together to ensure the safe operation of trains. If a worker provides a faulty service, for example, improperly repairing the railroad, the results can be deadly.
Based on which factors caused your train accidents, one or more parties mentioned above may share fault. If multiple parties are involved, we will approach each of them for the compensation you deserve.
Lawrenceville Train Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Collect Compensation For These Losses With the Help Of Our Lawrenceville Train Accident Lawyer
Once we look through your case, our team will list the full range of damages you have suffered across different categories. We will consult with you and experts to uncover the accident’s present and future impact on your life.
Here are some damages we may be able to collect for you:
- Different types of medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Income loss incurred during time away from work
- Suffering a diminished earning potential due to the accident-related injuries
- Property repair expenses
- Any modifications you had to make to your home or car to accommodate your injuries
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses from the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lowered quality of life
- PTSD and other psychological disorders
- Scarring and disfigurement
If you have lost someone in a train accident, you may recover damages for funeral and burial costs, loss of future wages, loss of consortium, and more through a wrongful death claim.
We will explain which losses you can recover compensation for once the legal team investigates your case.
Click to contact our Train Accidents lawyers today
How a Kaine Law Train Accident Attorney in Lawrenceville Can Help Your Claim Achieve a Fair Settlement
Train accidents cause victims to suffer a range of jarring injuries that are physically and mentally taxing. Kaine Law offers a breadth of services that will seamlessly handle every aspect of seeking compensation from the party responsible for your accident. While we handle the technicalities of the claims filing process, you can focus on getting better.
Here are some ways our attorney will help:
- Verify that you have a strong personal injury case
- Investigate the accident to uncover the critical elements of how the incident unfolded
- Identify the liable parties who were responsible for your injuries and can be pursued for compensation
- Identify the damages you have suffered and assign a value to your case
- Gather critical evidence such as photographs, video footage, medical reports, and witness statements that prove fault under Georgia law.
- Fill out and submit all the legal paperwork associated with claim
- Negotiate a fair settlement from the at-fault party and their insurance
- Litigate your case and represent you in court if your case goes to trial
- Provide representation on contingency; this means you don’t owe us any upfront fee till you win compensation
Our goal will always be to bring you fair compensation as soon as possible without going through a lawsuit or trial. But we are ready to represent you in court if that route is the better option for securing a good compensation for you.
Time is limited, however per O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 that states a two-year deadline for filing your case with the courts. This limitation may change depending on the circumstances of the accident, and could possibly be longer or shorter. It’s best to call our law firm right away so we can ensure all deadlines are met.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let’s Discuss Your Lawrenceville Train Accident Over a Free Consultation
If you were a train accident victim, contact our legal team to schedule a free case review with our team members. We want to listen to your story and explain all your legal options. Let us fight for fair compensation that sufficiently covers the full extent of your losses. Call us today or fill out an online form to start the compensation recovery process.