Uber is a popular and convenient way to get around Conyers, Georgia. But as more people use this travel service, more Uber drivers, Uber passengers, and other motorists and passengers get into accidents that cause serious injuries and costly damage.
Uber accidents are more complex than a regular auto accident. Many factors complicate the process of investigating these accidents, identifying liable parties, and recovering much-needed compensation. You can work with a Conyers Uber accident lawyer from Kaine Law to get help filing claims and recovering the money you deserve.
Kaine Law Fights for Uber Accident Victims in Conyers
If you’ve been in an Uber accident, Kaine Law can help you navigate the complex claims process and determine if you should file a personal injury lawsuit against liable parties. Here’s how we can help you after an Uber accident in Conyers:
- Gather evidence from your accident
- Determine the cause of the accident
- Identify all liable parties
- Calculate the true cost of your damages
- File insurance claims
- Communicate with Uber, insurance companies, and other relevant parties
- Negotiate a settlement that reflects your damages
- Fight for you in court to recover worthwhile compensation
Founding attorney Evan L. Kaine qualified for the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. That’s because the team at Kaine Law has helped recover millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, including those involved in complex auto accidents like Uber crashes. Some of our results include:
- $11 million for a car accident
- $4.325 million for a DUI car accident
- $3.675 million for a fatal wreck
We can’t guarantee that you’ll get the same monetary results. But we use the same aggressive, thorough legal representation that’s helped us recover much-needed compensation for other accident victims and their families.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accident lawyer serving Conyers, call 404-214-2001
Types of Uber Accident Cases We Handle
We’re proud to represent Uber accident victims who’ve suffered injuries or costly property damage. Some of the most common types of Uber accident cases we handle are for:
- Uber passengers
- Drivers or passengers in a vehicle struck by an Uber
- Other motorists struck by an Uber
- Uber drivers struck by other motorists or in an accident caused by a third party
Like auto accidents, there are many ways an Uber accident can happen. The most common causes of Uber accidents include:
- Distracted driving, like texting, using the phone, or talking excessively to passengers
- Driver fatigue, which can be common for Uber drivers who use the service as their main source of income
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Road hazards
Conyers Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Who Can I Sue in My Conyers Uber Accident?
You may file a lawsuit against the party who caused the accident and their insurance provider, if applicable. The first step is to investigate the accident and determine who was at fault. Some parties who may be at fault for your Conyers Uber accident include:
- The Uber driver
- Another motorist
- A third party, such as a municipality responsible for addressing the road hazard that contributed to your accident
Then, we must determine which parties are liable for the accident. Uber and their insurer, an Uber driver’s own auto insurance provider, another driver’s auto insurance, or the third party may be liable for your accident. In some cases, many of these parties may be liable.
Uber’s Insurance Policy
In general, Uber’s insurance policy would apply in accidents where the driver was actively using the app, whether they were waiting to accept a trip, were waiting for a trip to begin, or while completing an active trip (they have passengers in the car).
For example, Uber’s insurance would likely kick in if there’s an accident during an active trip. The amount that may be available to you through that insurance policy depends on which stage of the trip the Uber driver was in. The insurance policy is much larger for active trips (when there’s a passenger in the Uber vehicle) than when a driver is just waiting for a ride request.
If the driver happens to drive for Uber but isn’t doing so at the time of the accident, then the driver’s own auto insurance policy would apply. If another motorist causes your Uber accident — whether you’re a driver or a passenger — you may be entitled to compensation from their insurance company, too.
A Conyers Uber accident lawyer from our firm can investigate your case and determine which parties are liable for your Uber accident.
Click to contact our Uber Accidents lawyers today
Getting Compensation After an Uber Accident in Conyers
You may be entitled to many types of economic and noneconomic damages after an Uber accident. We can calculate the following damages and determine how much your case is worth:
- Accident-related medical expenses, both current and future
- Lost income, like salary, wages, tips, and benefits
- Reduced earning potential
- Property damage costs
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death damages, like funeral and burial costs, lost household income support, and lost emotional support from your late loved one
Uber and their insurer may undermine your claim and try to get out of paying you what you deserve. They may blame the accident on you if you’re the other motorist. They may even offer injured passengers a fraction of what their damages really cost.
A Conyers Uber accident lawyer from Kaine Law can help you determine what your case is worth and fight for a settlement that best reflects your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After an Uber Accident
Follow these steps if you’ve been in an Uber accident:
- Call 9-1-1, and check if others involved in the accident are okay.
- Seek medical attention at the scene or go to the doctor as soon as possible after the accident to document your injuries.
- File a police report to document the accident.
- Report the accident to Uber. Uber drivers and passengers can use the accident report feature in the app. Other motorists must go through the Uber website.
- Gather evidence. Take down the license plates of all cars involved, swap contact and insurance information, and get the contact information of any witnesses.
- Call a lawyer as soon as possible to get the claims process started right away.
Never admit fault or give a statement to Uber, their representatives, or another insurance company or legal representative. A Conyers Uber accident attorney can advise you on what to say and who to talk to, or we can handle these communications for you.
Start Your Uber Accident Claim Today
In Georgia, you typically have just two years from the date of an Uber accident to file a lawsuit against the liable parties, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. An Uber accident lawyer serving Conyers can help you understand how the statute of limitations applies in your case.
Call Kaine Law today to get started on your Uber accident claim right away.