Today, many people choose to take an Uber over driving, walking, or riding a bike to their destination. While Uber has strict safety guidelines and ensures its drivers get properly vetted, accidents can still happen. No number of guidelines can ensure drivers completely avoid accidents. You could recover compensation for your losses if you sustained an injury in an Uber accident.
A Norcross Uber accident lawyer from Kaine Law can help you with your personal injury case. Our team has decades of experience and has helped many past clients navigate Uber accident claims. This experience has given us the knowledge needed to solve complex legal issues that arise. So, when you choose Kaine Law, you can have a trusted legal advocate on your side.
Kaine Law Can Guide You Through the Legal Process After an Uber Accident in Norcross
The Norcross rideshare accident attorneys at our firm go above and beyond for each client. We understand how getting into an Uber accident is a traumatic experience. That is why we offer compassionate support to every client we work with. We can help you make informed decisions regarding your case, so you can feel confident.
Choosing a Norcross Uber accident lawyer from our firm has many advantages. First, we have a reputation for getting results. In past car accident cases, we have helped some clients recover six- or seven-figure amounts. While we can’t guarantee any particular outcome in your case, we promise to work hard and fight for the justice you deserve.
You also won’t have to worry about legal fees when you work with our team. We offer free consultations, so you can learn about your case without worrying about finances. Our team also provides legal services for a contingency fee. A contingency-fee agreement means you only pay if we help you reach a successful outcome with your case. If you don’t make money, we don’t make money.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accident lawyer serving Norcross, call 404-214-2001
Damages Norcross Uber Accident Victims Could Recover
The first step in determining how much to negotiate for after an Uber accident is calculating the value of your damages. You could recover specific damages depending on the severity of your injuries. These damages may include:
- Medical costs: Car accidents can cause catastrophic injuries. If you had to go to the emergency room, ride in an ambulance, or have an extended hospital stay, you could have extensive medical bills. Other medical bills you could recover include but are not limited to medications, diagnostic tests, doctor’s visits, or surgeries.
- Future medical costs: If your injuries will likely require you to need medical attention in the future, you could recover compensation for future medical expenses. Our Norcross Uber accident attorneys can help you calculate the projected value of your future medical costs.
- Lost income: You may recover any money you lose if you miss work because of your injuries through an accident claim or lawsuit.
- Future lost income: If you cannot return to work for a long time or at all, you could recover compensation for future lost income. Our attorneys can help you calculate the value of your projected future lost income.
- Property damage: If any of your property, such as a car, cell phone, or other belongings, sustained damage in the accident, you could recover compensation to repair or replace those items.
- Pain and suffering: Accident victims may recover compensation for the physical and emotional pain they experienced because of their injuries. This can include anguish, inconvenience, discomfort, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
When you start working with our Norcross rideshare accident attorneys, one of the first steps we can take is to calculate your damages. This calculation can give us a reasonable amount of compensation to seek during negotiations.
Norcross Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Does Uber Pay for Accidents Their Drivers Get Into?
Determining whose insurance pays for an Uber accident depends on the “mode” the driver is in at the time of the accident. Uber provides the following guidelines for insurance coverage, depending on the driver’s status:
The Uber Driver’s App Is Off
Their personal insurance coverage will apply if the driver caused the accident while not actively working for Uber.
The Uber Driver Is Available and Waiting for a Request
If the Uber driver is available but has not yet matched with a rider at the time of the accident, Uber provides the following insurance coverage (if the driver’s personal insurance does not apply):
- $50,000 in bodily injury per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 in property damage per accident
The Uber Driver Is Heading to Pick Up a Rider or Has a Rider in the Car
If the Uber driver is en route to pick up a rider or has a rider in their car, Uber maintains the following insurance coverage to cover an accident:
- $1,000,000 third-party liability
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury and/or first-party injury insurance
- Contingent comprehensive and collision—Uber will pay up to the actual cash value of the car with a $2,500 deductible.
Click to contact our Uber Accident lawyers today
How Long Do I Have to File an Uber Accident Claim in Norcross?
O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 states you have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the liable party. While this seems like a long time, there are several options our Norcross Uber injury attorneys can exhaust before a lawsuit is necessary. Steps we can take include:
- Investigating the car accident: We can determine why the car accident happened and who caused it. We can collect evidence, review the police report, and interview witnesses during the investigation. Once we complete our investigation, we can use the evidence we collect to build a solid case against them.
- Negotiating with the insurance company: We can handle negotiations with the insurance company on your behalf. During negotiations, we can present the damages you endured and prove why you deserve to receive the compensation you seek.
If we settle with the insurance company, our team can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Norcross Uber Accident Lawyer Can Fight for You to Recover Compensation
When you choose Kaine Law, you can expect aggressive legal advocacy. Our team has handled many Uber accident cases and knows how to help our clients seek fair compensation. You shouldn’t have to pay for the harmful actions of someone else.
Contact our firm today for a free consultation. We can hear your account of what happened and how your injuries have impacted your life. Once you choose our firm to represent you, a Norcross Uber accident lawyer can develop a plan to proceed with your case.