Unexpected injuries can have a lasting impact on your life, but catastrophic injuries can have devastating effects that are severe and life-altering. A catastrophic injury can leave you with extensive bills and the inability to work or enjoy life as you did before your injury. Our firm wants to help fight for the compensation you deserve.
If you suffered from a catastrophic injury, a Norcross catastrophic injury lawyer from Kaine Law can help you hold the negligent party responsible and pursue damages. We work hard so your primary focus can be recovering from your injuries.
What Compensation Can I Receive for a Norcross Catastrophic Injury Accident?
Our personal injury lawyers fight for you to recover fair compensation. If you suffered a catastrophic injury, you could have lifelong costs because of the impact of your injuries. An attorney from Kaine Law will help you determine the value of your losses and work hard to help you recover damages for:
- Medical costs, including future medical costs
- Home nursing care and accessibility upgrades to your home
- Income losses, including reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering (physical and mental)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Loss of reputation
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries can happen so quickly yet result in completely changing your life. These injuries can be caused by various types of accidents, such as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Sports accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical errors or negligence
No matter how your accident happened, you may have sustained severe injuries impacting your life due to someone else’s negligence.
Common Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury leaves severe impacts on your life. For example, a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can affect how the brain works. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states a TBI may lead to health problems with life-long effects that may require ongoing medical care to help with recovery. Other common types of catastrophic injuries are:
- Spinal cord injuries resulting in partial or total paralysis
- Severe head injuries
- Injuries that result in the loss of a limb
- Severe burn injuries
- Injuries that result in disfigurement and significant scarring
- Ruptured organs
There is no universal list of catastrophic injuries. Suppose you suffered an injury that results in a long-term or permanent disability that significantly changes your life, your ability to earn a living, and requires ongoing intensive medical treatment or long-term care. In that case, your injuries may be categorized as catastrophic.
How Can Negligence Be Proved?
Our attorneys will investigate your accident to determine the cause of your injuries. To prove negligence, we must establish the following four elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: the obligation to avoid putting one in harm’s way or injuring someone. In other words, did the other party owe you a legal obligation?
- Breach of Duty: the careless action or inaction of the responsible party resulting in allowing a dangerous situation to occur. If a defendant fails to show reasonable care, the defendant breaches the duty.
- Causation: demonstrating someone’s negligence directly caused the damages you are trying to recover.
- Damages: the amount of money you need as compensation for the medical bills, physical and emotional injuries, property damage, and lost income you suffered because of the accident.
All these elements are required to prepare a negligence claim. We can walk you through the process.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Norcross, call 404-214-2001
Benefits of Choosing Kaine Law
We understand how devastating injuries can make significant changes to your life. At Kaine Law, we fight for our victims and their families. We are here to help you the best we can, guiding you through the process and advocating for you with each interaction we have on your behalf.
Our Lawyers Have Your Best Interests in Mind
Trying to file your own claim can be challenging. Let us take care of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on the road to recovery. Utilizing our resources, we investigate your accident, determining the cause of it and proving the at-fault party was negligent in causing your injuries.
Previous clients of Kaine Law can affirm the service we can provide you. Consider these selected reviews from past clients:
- “Evan Kaine is a great attorney who kept me informed on all activity regarding my case. Always willing to go the extra mile to put me at ease. Very knowledgeable and thorough, always examining my case from every angle. I have recommended him to several friends and will continue to do so. Overall great legal service.”
- “He has fought for me on more than one occasion. He REALLY CARES about his clients. He REALLY produces realistic results. He is REALLY FAIR and HONEST.”
- “If you are looking for an attorney that will always return your calls and works hard for you, HIRE EVAN.”
We are dedicated to serving you. Our priority is communicating with you and showing you we care. You aren’t just a case number to us.
How Quickly Should I File a Lawsuit?
Speaking with an attorney soon after the accident allows us adequate time to gather all information and evidence and have time to negotiate with all parties. It is important to act quickly to follow the deadlines under Georgia’s statute of limitations (O.C.G.A § 9-3-33).
You Pay Nothing Unless and Until We Win Your Gwinnett County Case
We offer free consultations to determine how we can best serve you. We have a no-fee guarantee policy, which means we only get paid if you do. During our initial consultation, we can discuss all fees upfront and give you peace of mind by answering all your questions. Don’t let the fear of paying legal fees overcome your focus on recovering from your injuries.
Norcross Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Free Consultation with a Team Member Today
Our firm understands the potential long-term effects a catastrophic accident can have on your life. If someone’s negligence caused your injuries, contact us today so our Norcross catastrophic injury lawyer can fight for your right to recover compensation from the at-fault party.
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form