Were you or a loved one injured in a car accident? If so, do not worry about proving your case on your own. Kaine Law has experience helping people just like you seek compensation for their damages.
Some of our achievements include:
- $11 million for a motor vehicle accident
- $5.75 million for a collision caused by roadway defects
- $4.32 million for a collision caused by a drunk driver
You have two years to file your lawsuit under Georgia’s statute of limitations imposed by O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33.
Get in touch with our team at your earliest convenience because you could be ineligible to pursue damages if the timeline runs out. A car accident lawyer serving Norcross can begin your case.
You Could Recover Both Economic and Non-economic Damages
Calculating the cost of your own damages can be frustrating. You may have arrived at one sum, only to have more invoices and billing statements come in the mail. However, Kaine Law can work with healthcare professionals and economists to determine the cost of your expenses.
Your losses will likely include economic and non-economic damages. We can fight for a settlement that accounts for all of them.
Explaining Economic Damages
Your economic damages are losses that have financial value. Even if you have car insurance, health insurance, or any other type of benefit, you could still struggle to pay for these expenses. That is why it is important to consider what a Norcross car accident lawyer can do for you.
They can secure compensation for the following:
- Medical bills. This includes the cost of diagnostic procedures, medications, hospitalization, surgeries, and evaluations.
- Lost income. You may work in a field that relies heavily on your ability to make commissions and tips. We can include the cost of your lost income, wages, bonuses, employee benefits, paid time off, and other related expenses in your case.
- Property damage expenses. The Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner says that all Georgia motorists must carry insurance. We can file a claim with the liable party’s insurer.
There are other types of economic damages that you can claim based on your situation. If you lost a loved one, for example, your economic damages could include funeral expenses and the cost of your loved one’s healthcare.
Understanding Non-Economic Damages
Your non-economic damages do not have financial value, but we can assign them a value when we build your case for compensation. Your Norcross lawyer that handles car accidents will determine these losses based on your circumstances, such as:
- The nature of your condition
- The cause of your accident
- The extent of your damages
- Whether you lost a loved one or will live with a long-term disability
Types of non-economic damages that you can recover include pain and suffering, disfigurement, and impaired quality of life.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Norcross, call 404-214-2001
The Cause of Your Accident Will Determine Liability
Being a lawyer involves more than just understanding the law. It also involves being an investigator, to some extent. We will need to investigate the cause of your accident to determine who can be held liable and what happened.
The evidence in your case could reveal that your accident was caused by:
- A drunk driver. We can use breathalyzer results, statements the other driver made at the accident scene, and physical evidence to prove that you were harmed by negligence.
- Poor roadway conditions. In this case, we could hold the government responsible for their negligence to keep their infrastructure safe.
- A defective vehicular component. We can consult with engineers and mechanics to determine if something inherently wrong with your vehicle caused the accident, as such occurrences are not uncommon.
We will determine who or what caused your accident. Once we make this determination, we can file your claim with the liable insurer or go to court.
We Will Do Everything We Can to Advance Your Case
After getting our help, many clients want to know how long their case will take to resolve. There is no simple answer to this question because every situation is different. However, Kaine Law will do everything in its power to keep your case moving forward.
We can address the following challenges:
- The insurer denies your claim. We will present evidence to show that you deserve compensation and that the relevant insurance policy entitles you to damages.
- The other party says you caused the accident. We can prove that your portion of fault is less than that of the at-fault driver’s.
- The insurer treats you unfairly. Kaine Law can defend your legal rights, following how C.G.A. § 33-6-34 defines bad faith insurance practices
Kaine Law will stop at nothing to secure what you are owed. Do not be intimidated by various obstacles in your case; our team can address all of them.
Your Case May Not Require a Lawsuit
Some car accident claimants assume that they must go to court to recover compensation. This is seldom the case. While insurers have a reputation for lowballing or denying claims, most personal injury cases are resolved through settlements at the end of the day.
We have no problem going to court if your case makes it to that point. We can present evidence to a judge and jury, prove the cause of your accident, and fight for your rights.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Kaine Law For a Free Case Review
You can call (404) 214-2001 to connect with our team. Your first case review is free and serves as your chance to learn more about your options. Feel free to ask about our services and what a lawyer for car accidents in Norcross working with Kaine Law can do for you.