If you were hurt in an accident with a Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) vehicle, you could struggle to handle the losses you have experienced. While you should be focusing on recovering from your injuries, you could be worried about the financial obligations you now have to deal with, which can also impact your mental well-being.
Thankfully, you have options to deal with the stresses you are experiencing. For example, if you or a loved one has sustained injuries from a MARTA vehicle or on their property, you could be eligible to recover compensation for your losses. Our Norcross MARTA accident lawyers can help you determine the financial award you need.
A Norcross Accident Lawyer Can Help
Recovering from an injury can take a lot of time and effort, not leaving time for you to deal with many other aspects of the accident. A personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law can help you through the process. Through a free consultation, we can determine if you are eligible to file a MARTA accident claim and present you with options for moving forward.
We understand you are most likely dealing with a pile of medical bills, and we do not want to be an additional burden; we want to help support you. We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we do not get paid unless you do. So let us take care of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
We can communicate with all parties involved in your accident for you. We will advocate with your best interests in mind, ensuring you receive the necessary compensation you deserve and that we meet your case’s time requirements.
Act Quickly After Your Accident
With any accident, there are specific timelines you must abide by to file your lawsuit and potentially receive compensation. For example, you have two years to file a lawsuit for most personal injury accidents, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. However, since the city owns MARTA, you have six months from your accident to file a lawsuit per O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5.
Hiring a lawyer as soon after the accident ensures enough time to process your lawsuit. First, we must gather evidence to support your claim and negotiate a settlement deal. If the liable party refuses to settle your case, we can represent you if we need to initiate court proceedings.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
During our initial conversation, we will evaluate your case’s details. This information will help us determine the value of your losses. Your injuries and the effect they have had on your life and any property damage from the accident will be used to calculate how much compensation you could be awarded.
For a free legal consultation with a marta accident lawyer serving Norcross, call 404-214-2001
Types of MARTA Accidents
Accidents can happen on MARTA property, equipment, or vehicles. Although there are many different scenarios on how your accident could occur, some possible accidents are:
- Property accidents: Elevators or escalators can malfunction, causing injuries. Hazardous walkways without proper warning can result in pedestrians slipping and falling, causing injuries. If security on the property is inadequate, MARTA can be held responsible for an injury if you are attacked or injured in an area of MARTA property.
- Bus accidents: Operator’s negligence can be the cause of a bus accident, but weather, a malfunctioning bus part, or other drivers on the road can also be the cause of your accident.
- Train accidents: If a train has to make an abrupt stop, it can cause injuries to the passengers onboard. Train accidents can also happen if a pedestrian is hit by an oncoming train.
Regardless of how your accident happened, you could be dealing with multiple injuries affecting your daily functioning, including post-traumatic stress disorder. Your symptoms may not appear until months or even years after the event, which can affect social and work situations and relationships. We care about what you are going through and will advocate for what you deserve so you can focus on recovering from your accident.
Investigating Your Accident with MARTA
We will investigate your accident when you choose an attorney from our firm. We gather information to help strengthen your claim. For example, collecting evidence on how your accident happened and who could be held responsible, as well as interviewing witnesses that may give more information on your accident.
Proving Negligence was the Cause of Your Injuries
We must have evidence to prove that your accident happened and determine negligence was the cause of the accident resulting in your injuries. We can do this by establishing the following:
- Duty of care: In any MARTA accident, the operator of the MARTA-owned vehicle must avoid injuring someone or placing them in harm’s way. This includes passengers on the MARTA vehicle and others on the road or route they are on. This also includes MARTA personnel ensuring pedestrians are not in harm’s way on their property.
- Breach of duty: If the person or company’s negligent actions allowed a dangerous situation to occur, this is disregarding their duty of care. This can include but is not limited to various driver errors, failure to follow laws, rules, or guidelines for safe driving, lack of training or proper maintenance and repair on vehicles or property, and failure to provide safety warnings at the station for hazardous walkways.
- Causation: The actions or inaction of the person or company directly caused your accident. For example, if there are hazardous walkways at the station resulting in a slip and fall because there are no warning signs or other signage to show the dangers.
- Damages: The compensation you need because of the injuries you are dealing with from the accident caused by the MARTA staff or facility.
Collecting evidence and proving negligence allows us to hold the liable party responsible so you can start to move forward from your accident.
Norcross MARTA Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Get Help with Your Claim from a Norcross MARTA Accident Attorney Today
Contact us today for your free consultation. You can call us or complete our online form. We want to help take some stress away from your accident. Let a Norcross MARTA accident lawyer from Kaine Law deal with all the legal aspects of your case.
Call or text 404-214-2001 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form