It can be complicated to file insurance claims and get money for medical bills, damage to your vehicle, and more after an auto accident. But a Lyft accident is even more complex, and this corporation is likely to limit their liability in the accident, which could jeopardize your compensation.
If you or a loved one have been in a Lyft accident, you can work with a Conyers Lyft accident lawyer from Kaine Law to get the compensation you deserve. Our rideshare accident lawyers can handle these complications for you, so you can focus on recovering from your Lyft accident.
Why Choose Kaine Law for Your Lyft Accident?
The team at Kaine Law has decades of legal experience handling complex auto accidents, like Lyft crashes. We’re not afraid to fight large tech companies like Lyft that may try to undermine your claim and offer you much less than what you deserve. Here’s how we can transform your Lyft accident case:
- Investigate your Lyft accident and gather evidence
- Determine the cause and identify at-fault parties
- Establish all liable parties and file claims
- Calculate all your damages and find out your case’s worth
- Negotiate a settlement that best reflects your damages
- Handle all communications with Lyft, insurers, and other lawyers
- File a personal injury lawsuit against all liable parties to recover the compensation you deserve
We’re proud to have successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including those affected by complex car accidents like Lyft accidents.
You can always afford quality legal representation when facing a Lyft accident case. That’s because we take cases at no upfront cost to you, and you don’t owe us anything until we recover compensation on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident lawyer serving Conyers, call 404-214-2001
Getting Compensation from a Conyers Lyft Accident
You shouldn’t have to pay the consequences of another motorist’s mistakes. You deserve compensation from the parties liable in your Lyft accident. A Conyers Lyft accident attorney from Kaine Law can help you file claims with the liable parties or pursue a lawsuit to recover the money you need.
Depending on the severity of your injuries and other factors, you may be entitled to compensation to cover:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost income, like salary, wages and tips, benefits, bonuses, and more
- Reduced earning capacity, especially if you now suffer with a disability from your accident
- Property damage costs, like for a damaged vehicle or ruined personal belongings
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of quality of life
If you’ve lost your loved one in a Lyft accident, we are truly sorry for your loss. We can help you file insurance claims or a lawsuit to recover wrongful death compensation on your loved one’s behalf. You may be entitled to damages like:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost household income support
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of emotional support
A Lyft accident lawyer serving the Conyers area can calculate your damages and show you how much you could get from your Lyft accident claim.
Conyers Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Does Lyft Have Insurance for Drivers, Passengers, and Others Involved in a Lyft Accident?
Lyft provides additional insurance coverage for accidents that happen when a Lyft driver is actively using the Lyft app and:
- They are waiting for a ride request.
- They are driving to pick up a rider.
- They are transporting a rider to their destination.
Lyft’s insurance may also kick in for uninsured or underinsured motorists in an accident involving a Lyft driver who is actively using the app.
If the app is off, a driver’s own auto insurance policy would apply. Even if a driver happens to be a Lyft driver, you wouldn’t be entitled to Lyft’s insurance policy unless the app is on. Your Conyers Lyft accident lawyer can identify the insurance policies through which you’re able to file a claim.
Click to contact our Lyft Accidents lawyers today
What Are the Most Common Causes of Lyft Accidents in Conyers?
Lyft accidents share many of the common causes as other types of auto accidents. Any driver may contribute to these causes, but Lyft drivers may be more likely to engage in potentially unsafe behaviors due to the nature of their role as a Lyft driver.
Some of the most common causes of Lyft accidents we see include:
- Distracted driving, like texting, using a GPS, talking to passengers
- Drowsy driving, which can be common for Lyft drivers who drive at night, after working their regular job, or all day as their main source of income
- Speeding or aggressive driving, like unsafely passing other motorists
- Traffic violations, like running a stop sign they didn’t see or not using a turn signal
- Road hazards, like potholes and debris
One of our Lyft accident lawyers in Conyers can investigate your Lyft accident to determine the cause and identify the at-fault parties.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Possible Liable Parties in Your Lyft Accident
Georgia is an at-fault state, so drivers who cause accidents are generally financially responsible. You may be seeking compensation from:
- A driver’s personal auto insurance
- Lyft’s auto insurance coverage
- A company’s liability insurance, if their employee caused the accident while completing work duties
- A municipality responsible for addressing road hazards like the one that contributed to your Lyft accident
We can investigate the cause of your accident, identify at-fault parties, and seek compensation from liable parties, usually the insurance companies that cover the at-fault parties.
Lyft Accident Injuries We Can Help You Get Compensation For
Lyft accidents can cause minor and serious injuries. We can help you recover compensation for the following injuries and others:
- Broken bones
- Internal tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Always seek medical attention as soon as possible after a Lyft accident, even if you don’t feel that you’ve suffered severe injuries. Going to the doctor or hospital after a Lyft accident allows you to document your injuries and link them to your Lyft accident. This also ensures you get on the path to healing right away, which may improve the outcome of your injuries.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit for My Conyers Lyft Accident?
Generally, you have two years from the date of an accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. This includes Lyft and other rideshare accidents. However, there are some exceptions to this rule for those who were minors at the time of the accident. A lawyer can help you understand how Georgia’s statute of limitations applies in your case.
Start Your Lyft Accident Claim with the Help of Kaine Law
Two years may seem like a long time, but every second counts when building a case to recover compensation from a corporation like Lyft and their insurer, or another insurance company. Contact Kaine Law today to get a free case review and find out how we can help your Lyft accident case.