Are you considering taking legal action against the person who caused your Lyft accident? If so, we want to help. Our Covington Lyft accident lawyer would work hard for you and your family, so you do not have to do so.
A successful case could ensure that you and your family get the money you need to pay all your bills—and the money that you, as an accident survivor, deserve for your physical and mental pain. Kaine Law could fight for that compensation as you rest and recover.
We Offer Legal Help to Lyft Accident Survivors
The law, found in O.C.G.A § 9-3-33, gives you the right to seek compensation generally within two years of the day the accident happened. This time frame should give you sufficient time to:
- Undergo treatment (or at least the first round of treatment) for your injuries
- Speak to one of our car accident lawyers about your case
- Learn about your legal rights and responsibilities under Georgia law
- Decide whether you want to sue, and file your lawsuit on time
If you decide to sue the liable party, Kaine Law would be glad to represent you. Our entire team could work together to:
- Create a strong file that proves the liable party is responsible for your accident
- Calculate an exact dollar amount for you to ask for in your lawsuit (it is important to be specific rather than to “throw out” a general amount)
- Collect evidence from as many different sources as possible to strengthen your case
- Handle all communication matters, from filing paperwork to getting in touch with the liable party
- Negotiate a pretrial settlement that meets your needs, both present and future
- Go to court to seek a jury award, if, for any reason, negotiations do not work or are not an option in your situation
If You Sustained Serious Injuries
According to the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT), Covington, Georgia, saw 1,533 traffic accident injuries during the five-year period from 2017 to 2021. If you sustained a serious car accident injury, our team wants to protect your legal right to compensation. You deserve the chance to:
- Focus solely on your recovery without getting embroiled in a legal dispute
- Collect fair compensation for all of the injuries you have suffered and/or expect to suffer (e.g., additional medical bills) in the future
- Hold the liable party accountable for endangering your life—even if they are a large, powerful corporation like Lyft
Kaine Law is always here to support and assist our clients however we can.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident lawyer serving Covington, call 404-214-2001
Recouping Damages for Your Lyft Accident in Covington
There are two primary types of damages you could recover following a motor vehicle accident. These are economic damages and non-economic damages. Each is discussed below.
Economic damages could account for compensation for any money you lost because of the accident. This category includes losses from:
- Medical expenses: Any care you require from any medical professional—including surgeons, pharmacists, dentists, psychologists, and more—should be part of your request for compensation.
- Reduced earning capacity: Some injuries are so debilitating that you can no longer work as much as you used to. In such cases, we calculate how much you would have earned over your lifetime and include it in the claim or lawsuit.
- Lost income: Even if your injuries are not permanent, they could affect how much you can earn during your recovery. You deserve to be reimbursed for any income or job benefits the accident cost you.
- Property damage: You could make the liable party pay you for the cost of replacing a totaled vehicle or repairing a damaged one.
Non-economic damages refer to physical, mental, and emotional injuries caused by the Lyft accident. As you may imagine, this can encompass a very wide range of injuries. Some of the more common ones include:
- Pain and suffering: Both the accident and the resulting injuries can cause emotional trauma or even mental illness. In addition, your physical injuries are very painful and uncomfortable, and they affect your overall sense of wellness.
- Disability: Many different kinds of injuries could count as disabling, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, chronic pain, or even a temporary injury like a bone fracture.
- Impaired quality of life: This would mean your injuries prevent you from doing everything you want or need to do, such as driving a car, playing with your pet, or doing the dishes.
- Disfigurement: Whether your scars significantly alter your physical appearance, prevent you from fully moving and using the injured part, or both, you deserve damages.
Covington Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Dealing With Lyft After an Accident
How much—or even if—you have to communicate with Lyft after a collision depends on the specifics of your case. For example:
- If the Lyft driver was not on duty at the time—in other words, if their Lyft app was off—their policy, not Lyft’s, would cover your damages.
- If the Lyft driver was on duty and had a passenger in the car, Lyft’s insurance could cover whatever portion of your damages is not covered by the driver’s policy.
- If the Lyft driver was on duty and did not have a passenger in the car, Lyft’s insurance could, again, cover at least part of your damages.
If dealing with Lyft and their representatives becomes necessary to pursue your case, our Covington Lyft accident lawyer would handle it for you. You would not have to think about:
- Whether you are engaging with the correct insurance company
- Whether the insurer’s settlement offer (should they make one) is a fair reflection of your injuries and needs
- Overcoming any attempts the insurer makes to undervalue your case or accuse you of causing the accident
We understand that confronting a big company like Lyft can be intimidating. You can rely on us to do all of the talking on your behalf.
Click to contact our Lyft Accidents lawyers today
Consult Our Lyft Accident Attorney Today
Whether you feel ready to begin a lawsuit today or you need more time to consider your options, Kaine Law wants to be there for you. With our decades of experience, we know how to fight effectively for our clients. To learn what our Covington Lyft accident lawyer can do for you, call us and begin a free case review now.