Indoor and outdoor pools offer fun, relaxation, and aerobic exercise to many Georgians all year long. The homeowner or property owner of the pool you use is responsible for protecting your safety. If you or a loved one was injured in a swimming pool accident due to negligence, you could be entitled to financial compensation.
If you suffered injuries in a swimming pool accident in Covington, our lawyers will investigate your accident and prove the public or private pool is liable for your medical bills, lost wages, and more. Leave the hard work of building your case to us. At Kaine Law, our Covington personal injury lawyers can build a case while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Establishing Fault and Liability for a Swimming Pool Accident
As much fun as they are, swimming pools also pose a number of dangers, including slick and slippery decks, bacteria-laden water contamination, and risks of drowning when a lifeguard should be present. To pursue compensation, you have to prove the at-fault party was negligent.
Our personal injury lawyer will prove the home or property owner:
- Duty of care: Someone owed you a duty of care to protect your safety while on their premises.
- Breached of duty: They did not meet their obligation by failing to put appropriate safety measures in place.
- Causation: Their breach caused your swimming pool accident with their action or failure to take action.
- Damages: The swimming pool accident caused financial consequences you would not otherwise have experienced.
By proving these elements of negligence, your lawyer can pursue fair compensation on your behalf.
Types of Swimming Pool Accidents
Swimming pool accidents can range from minor to severe, each resulting in a range of injuries and resulting costs. Common accidents can include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Diving board accidents
- Pool slide accidents
- Pool chemical ingestion
- Electrical accidents
Resulting injuries can include traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), back and spinal cord injuries, broken or fractured bones, and disembowelment. Sadly, accidents in swimming pools can also lead to fatal or near-fatal injuries, including head injuries or paralysis resulting from an accidental fall to drownings or near drownings.
For a free legal consultation with a swimming pool accident lawyer serving Covington, call 404-214-2001
Recoverable Damages After a Covington Swimming Pool Accident
Depending on the type of accident you had and the injuries you suffered, your resulting medical bills could be extensive. Our law firm will fight to recover all the medical costs you incur from the negligent party. We will also pursue:
- All injury-related losses of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anxiety
- Impairment and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
If your family lost a loved one due to a swimming pool accident, you have our deepest condolences and our determination to fight for appropriate compensation for your family. We will seek wrongful death damages, including funeral and burial costs and loss of your loved one’s financial and familial support.
Put Our Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer to Work on Your Case Immediately
The sooner you get our law firm involved in your case, the more time we have to conduct a thorough investigation and speak to witnesses while their memories are fresh.
Early involvement also means we can meet the required statute of limitations. In Georgia, you generally have two years to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33.
If the filing deadline expires, you could lose the legal right to compel compensation from the at-fault party. Our law firm will work hard to accurately interpret the filing deadline since it can vary.
Covington Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Get Our Kaine Law Swimming Pool Accident Attorney on Your Side
After being injured in a public or private pool, our swimming pool accident lawyer representing injured clients in Covington is your advocate. Our entire legal team supports your right to compensation and will take all the following steps to bolster your case:
- Request photos of the pool and surrounding area
- Calculate the potential financial value of your case
- Document the at-fault property owner’s negligence
- Build the strongest possible evidence collection
- Speak with all relevant parties on your behalf
- Complete and submit insurance claim forms
- Address all of your legal questions and concerns
- Provide ongoing updates throughout your case
We handle every step of the negotiation process, including fielding offers and sending counteroffers. If an acceptable settlement agreement cannot be reached, we will take your case to trial and keep fighting for the financial recovery you need and deserve.
We also believe everyone should have access to legal care and support when they need it most, so we accept your case on a contingency fee basis. In lieu of hourly fees, we accept a percentage of your monetary recovery as our fee. If you do not receive a financial award, you will not owe us any legal or attorney’s fees at all.
Our Client-Focused Law Firm Cares About Every Aspect of Your Case
When previous clients talk about the legal service and support they received from our team, they say:
- D.C.: “He REALLY CARES about his clients. He REALLY produces realistic results. He is REALLY FAIR and HONEST.”
- D.G.: “My first lawyer…said that my case had $0.00 value. I found Evan Kaine, and he turned $0.00 into $50,000…He fought for me when no one else would.”
- G.L. and K.O.: “Our attorney, Evan Kaine, took a personal interest in our case. We weren’t just treated like other clients.”
Browse our testimonials page and see why you can rely on our law firm to treat you with integrity and bring decades of collective experience in personal injury law to your case.
Click to contact our Swimming Pool Accidents lawyers today
Get Help Seeking Damages After a Swimming Pool Accident
If you or a loved one was injured, or a loved one was fatally injured in a pool accident, our law firm will help you and your family pursue compensation. At Kaine Law, we will handle every aspect of your case, from reviewing your accident to negotiating a settlement.
You do not have to fight for compensation on your own. Contact our case review team today to learn more about how hard our Covington swimming pool accident lawyer will advocate for you.