Did you or someone you love suffer a catastrophic injury in Covington, Georgia? Has the injury cost you money, kept you from working, and caused your health to decline? A lawyer from Kaine Law can fight for the money you need for expenses like medical bills.
Filing a lawsuit against the liable party may be easier with help from our Covington personal injury lawyer. By letting us confront the liable party, you give yourself more time to focus on rebuilding your life and attaining a new normal.
How Our Catastrophic Injury Attorney Can Help
Is it worth the effort to hire a law firm after a catastrophic injury? At Kaine Law, we make our services worth your money by:
- Charging on a contingency fee basis: In other words, there are no out-of-pocket costs for you. Our attorney’s fee is “contingent” upon your success. You only pay us if and when we win compensation for you.
- Handling all communications: The insurer may want to speak directly to you in the hopes of getting you to say something that damages your case. We can protect you by doing all of the talking.
- Collecting all evidence: You do not have to request any documents. Our attorney can gather any materials we think might help. We can also analyze any materials you already own that can help improve your case file.
- Fighting hard for your money: We are prepared to either negotiate with the liable party’s insurer or take your case to court. This process could take months or even years, but we do not give up on clients just because their case is difficult.
- Providing the support you need: We understand how much your life has been rocked by this accident. Our team will treat your family with all of the empathy, kindness, and respect you deserve during this time.
If you want our help with your case, we urge you to get in touch with our personal injury attorneys as soon as possible. O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 limits the amount of time you have to start a personal injury lawsuit in Covington. You do not want the deadline to pass before you have filed a case.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Covington, call 404-214-2001
Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Can Fight for Your Compensation
Your personal injury claim could entitle you to compensation for financial, physical, and emotional losses. Specific examples of such losses include (but are not limited to):
- Medical costs: This may be your biggest concern after an accident. It can be expensive to treat catastrophic injuries like spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and amputations.
- Pain and suffering: Injuries like yours can come with a whole host of physical and mental symptoms that affect your health. This may include emotional stress, physical pain, and mental anguish. All of these deserve fair compensation.
- Loss of income: The more time you have to spend at home recovering from your injury, the more money you lose. You may also have to give up raises, pension payments, or benefits like health care coverage.
- Disability: Catastrophic injuries often result in physical and/or intellectual disabilities. Whether temporary or permanent, such disabilities require you to rearrange your life and learn new behaviors to try to accommodate them.
- Loss of earning capacity: The more serious your injury, the more of an impact it could have on your ability to find a good job. If you can no longer work at all, you can sue for loss of employment as well. Your financial losses should be compensated.
- Loss of consortium: You may never be the same after a catastrophic injury. Your relationships with close relatives might also have to change. The at-fault party should pay you back for the loss of any relationships or important aspects of those relationships (e.g., physical intimacy).
Kaine Law’s Covington catastrophic injury lawyer can work with you to determine what kinds of damages you deserve. We can also calculate the exact amount you should demand.
With our help, you could request and receive the exact amount of money you need to cover all losses associated with your catastrophic injury.
Permanent Effects of Catastrophic Injuries
Many catastrophic injuries leave accident survivors with long-term injuries. For example, as the Mayo Clinic explains, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) often require extensive rehabilitation and expensive medical care. Prompt treatment can minimize, but not necessarily prevent, damage from a TBI.
If you have suffered a permanent injury, you deserve compensation for future losses as well as the damage you have already suffered. Kaine Law can help you estimate how much the injury will cost you over your lifetime and ask the at-fault party to pay what you will need.
Covington Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Proving Liability After a Catastrophic Injury
To recover compensation based on negligence, you must find evidence that proves the four elements of negligence, which are:
- Duty of care (the liable party was legally bound to behave responsibly)
- Breach of duty (the liable party failed to exhibit responsible behavior)
- Causation (the liable party’s behavior caused your accident)
- Damages (the accident caused your injury)
These elements apply to all kinds of catastrophic injury cases, including:
The evidence available to you may depend on what kind of case you intend to file. For example:
- After a motor vehicle crash, we often request copies of traffic camera footage and the police’s accident report.
- In a wrongful death case, we might use autopsy reports and the decedent’s death certificate to help establish a case.
- Premises liability cases may yield prior complaints against the property owner, surveillance footage, or records of recent renovations that took place on the property.
Kaine Law can help you prove that negligence played a key role in your injury, regardless of what kind of accident you were involved in. Evidence in catastrophic injury cases may be time-sensitive, so we encourage you to get in touch with us as quickly as you can to preserve your right to damages.
Click to contact our Catastrophic Injury lawyers today
Let Our Covington Lawyers Champion Your Rights
A Covington catastrophic injury lawyer from Kaine Law can protect you from the insurance companies and fight hard for the money your family needs and deserves. Take advantage of our decades of experience by requesting a free case evaluation today. Contact us now to get started on your personal injury claim.