No one standing on or near a deck expects it to collapse. When that happens, it can cause serious injuries and the medical bills and loss of income that come with them. If you or someone you love got hurt when a deck disintegrated, we can help. We will identify the property owner—or other liable party—and prove their negligence caused your accident.
Our legal service and support start with a case review from a team member who can explain how Kaine Law can lead your case. To prove negligence and open the door to compensation, our Covington deck collapse accident lawyer will investigate your accident, consult experts, and build a strong evidence collection. You can call today for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation to learn more about your legal options.
Causes of Collapsed Decks and Commonly Reported Injuries in Covington, GA
A deck can fall apart for various reasons. When our Covington personal injury lawyer represents you, they will set out to prove why your accident happened. Common reasons include:
- Joist failure
- Faulty installation
- Insufficient railings
- Faulty construction
- Wet or rotten wood
- Improper connectors
- Faulty structural support
- Insufficient weight bearings
Proving the deck’s structure caused the collapse can be hard to do on your own. To hold the right person or entity responsible, our injury lawyer will thoroughly investigate. While we do, you can focus on getting better. Our law firm can consult experts, inspect the deck and debris, and consult an accident reconstructionist. All these investigative techniques can identify the cause, contributing factors, and the right party (or parties) we can pursue for compensation.
How Kaine Law Proves the Cause of a Deck Collapse
We can demand damages for you after proving the at-fault party’s negligence, including its legal elements—duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages. We do that by building a solid case file that includes:
- Architect, engineers, and construction records and reports
- Employment records that prove your lost income
- Medical bills that prove your treatment costs to date
- Medical records that prove the cause of your injuries
- Security and smartphone photos and video footage
- Statements from accident witnesses
We also organize your case file and submit it to the at-fault party’s insurer. Its weight and substance can help us seek a favorable settlement for you rather than a lengthy trial.
For a free legal consultation with a deck collapse accident lawyer serving Covington, call 404-214-2001
Monetary Damages You Could Demand After a Covington, GA, Deck Collapse
Our Covington deck collapse accident attorney will determine the value of your Covington case. We will collect documents that prove the monetary worth of the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Known and anticipated medical expenses
- Known and anticipated loss of income
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering
- Ongoing mental and emotional distress
Wrongful Death Damages in a Covington Deck Collapse Case
Kaine Law’s wrongful death attorneys will seek damages for your family if you lost a loved one in a deck collapse. We will demand their funeral and burial expenses and compensation for losing their financial and domestic support. We also take time to explain which family members can benefit from a financial award and how much time you have to file your lawsuit.
How Georgia’s Statute of Limitations Affects Your Case
Per O.C.G.A § 9-3-33, you generally have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. If the deck that collapsed under you was on a public or municipal building, you generally have only six months to file a claim against a government agency, per O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5.
We work hard to file your lawsuit within the allotted time since an expired statute of limitations could mean you won’t be able to recover damages. The court will bar you from filing your lawsuit, and the insurance company will likely refuse further negotiations, which could leave you with no available legal recourse.
Covington Deck Collapse Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Our Law Firm Passionately Supports Clients Injured in Deck Collapses in Covington, GA
We know how hard it can be to wait for news as your case is being built and a settlement is being negotiated, so we provide regular and timely updates. Along the way, we do all the following on your behalf:
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation to determine who is liable for a deck collapse
- Assess your recoverable damages.
- Identify the at-fault property owner or other party.
- Prove the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Compile the evidence that proves your case.
- Identify construction and other expert witnesses.
- Locate and interview lay witnesses.
- Negotiate a favorable financial settlement.
- Represent you in court if necessary.
Our deck collapse injury lawyers also accept your case on a contingency fee basis because we do not believe anyone should forgo legal service and support when they need it most. Our law firm will cover all the upfront expenses related to your case and only receive compensation after we win it for you. As our representation contract states, you owe us nothing unless you receive a financial award.
Hear What Our Previous Clients Say in Their Own Words
Our testimonials page is packed with reviews and accolades from clients we served in the past who say:
- B.S.: Evan Kaine is a great attorney who kept me informed on all activity regarding my case. Always willing to go the extra mile to put me at ease…always examining my case from every angle. I have recommended him to several friends and will continue to do so.
- R.H.: Mr. Kaine and his staff are good people. They work hard to help those who need the help during tough times. I am so happy to have found Mr. Kaine and to call him and his office friends.
With decades of collective experience in personal injury law, our law firm understands the importance of listening to your story and providing you with personalized attention.
Click to contact our Deck Collapse Accidents lawyers today
Get Your Free Covington Deck Collapse Case Review – Call Us Today
If you or a loved one suffered injuries when a deck collapsed in Covington, GA, our personal injury law firm will seek financial compensation for you. We will investigate your case, identify the negligent property owner, and demand compensation from them or their insurance company.
Get started today by contacting our case review team to find out how our Covington deck collapse accident lawyer at Kaine Law will fight for you.