Slip and fall accidents can occur just about anywhere: at work, at home, or on another person’s property. How can you get the financial compensation you need after suffering such an accident? What are your options for holding the liable party accountable?
A Covington personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law could help you during this challenging time. We would be glad to answer all of your legal questions and help you find a way to get reimbursement for medical expenses, lost income, and much more.
Can You Afford Our Slip and Fall Lawyer?
Our personal injury lawyers offer a no-fee guarantee. You do not pay us a penny in attorney’s fees unless and until you receive compensation. Our team also provides free, over-the-phone case assessments to every single person who calls in.
In other words, hiring a Covington slip and fall injury lawyer does not have to break the bank. On the contrary, retaining our services could end up saving you money in the long run because:
- We can make sure you ask for an appropriate amount of compensation and that you do not leave any money on the table.
- We have enough experience to know when the insurance company is trying to shortchange you.
- We are not afraid to push back against any insurance company that refuses to acknowledge your case or negotiate in good faith.
Services Our Slip and Fall Attorneys Can Provide for You
If you want help pursuing your case, we would be more than glad to provide you with that assistance. We have spent multiple decades fighting to protect accident survivors like you and their families. Our team can perform any and all necessary legal tasks, including:
- Collecting as much evidence as we can from as many places as we can (e.g., your doctor’s office and witnesses)
- Figuring out who the liable party is (there may be more than one) and how much they owe you based on factors specific to your case
- Negotiating with the liable party’s insurer or taking the liable party to court, depending on what strategy we feel might work best for you
- Talking with all other parties on your behalf and preparing you to make statements to the insurance company as necessary
- Managing various clerical tasks, including taking phone calls and filling out paperwork
We know how complicated and intimidating the legal system can be to the average person. Kaine Law could guide you through that process, answering all of your questions and making sure you understand what is happening at every stage.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Covington, call 404-214-2001
Seeking Compensation for a Slip and Fall Injury
In most cases, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33, you must start a slip and fall lawsuit within two years of the date the accident happened. For example, if you fell on a particular day in October 2022, you would have until that same day in October 2024 to file a case.
Assuming that you come to us in time, Kaine Law’s Covington slip and fall injury lawyer could fight for damages like the following:
- Medical expenses, if you need (or will need in the future) any sort of professional care to heal from your injuries or manage symptoms
- Pain and suffering, to include all of the physical and mental symptoms associated with your injury
- Loss of income, if you were unable to work for any amount of time while recovering from your injuries or receiving treatment
- Reduced quality of life, such as an accident-related inability to take care of yourself or your dependents or to engage in activities you had no problem doing before
- Other expenses, if you have spent money on any good or service (e.g., a housekeeper) that you had no need of prior to the injury
- Disability, including both permanent and temporary injuries that affect your flexibility, range of motion, and ability to move
How much money you recover after a slip and fall accident depends on several factors, including the severity of your injuries and how much evidence we can find that implicates the liable party.
In one past slip and fall case, we were able to recover $325,000 for our client. We arrived at that amount by carefully calculating how much the client had already lost, as well as how much they were likely to lose due to continuing symptoms and suffering. Kaine Law would apply that same level of care to your case.
Covington Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Slip and Fall Injuries Are Diverse
There are many different kinds of injuries that you could sustain in a slip and fall accident. Where and how badly you are injured could depend on:
- What kind of fall it was: Slipping on a wet spot in the hallway is much different from falling off a scaffold or a rooftop.
- How you landed: For example, if you land on your back, you could suffer a back injury, while landing on your hand or arm could result in a wrist or arm injury.
- Your age: Older people tend to have a harder time keeping their balance.
- Your overall health: If you suffer from a condition that weakens you, such as arthritis, you could be more prone to serious fall injuries than others.
After a fall, you could suffer from one or more injuries like the following:
If we can prove your injuries resulted from negligent actions on the part of a property owner or other such party, we could recover enough compensation to pay for everything that negligence has taken from you.
Click to contact our Slip and Fall Injury lawyers today
Our Lawyers Help Covington Slip and Fall Accident Survivors
Kaine Law focuses on personal injury cases, and our decades of experience mean that we know just how to evaluate and fight cases like yours. Our Covington slip and fall injury lawyer would be proud to fight by your side and hold the negligent party responsible for their actions. Call today for a free consultation.