Boating is an enjoyable pastime, but only if everyone with a watercraft plays by the rules. Reckless driving or poor maintenance could quickly lead to an accident. Our lawyer serving Covington can help if this is what happened to you.
A Covington personal injury lawyer from Kaine Law is prepared to inform you of your rights and to fight hard for the financial compensation you need to recover. We never charge anything until our clients get their money.
Our Boating Accident Lawyers Fight for Covington Clients
Kaine Law is happy to manage our clients’ cases on their behalf, giving them more time to focus on rebuilding their lives and recuperating from their injuries. Among the tasks that our Covington boating and watercraft accident lawyer can take care of for you are the following:
- Determining fault after an accident by collecting evidence showing how the accident happened
- Determining the monetary value of your injuries by calculating how much each loss has cost you
- Sending a demand letter to the responsible party that explains how they hurt you and how much money you want from them
- Communicating back and forth with the liable party, their lawyers, and their insurance company
- Negotiating relentlessly for a pretrial settlement that meets all of your present and expected needs—and not a penny less
- Taking the at-fault party to court and seeking an award from the jury, if necessary
- Helping you close out your case by drawing up the settlement agreement and answering any final questions you have
Kaine Law Attorneys Put Covington Accident Clients First
Our firm has been representing personal injury clients throughout Georgia for decades. We distinguish ourselves from other law firms by:
- Listening attentively and compassionately to every client who walks through our doors
- Charging nothing unless and until we win compensation for our client—and the initial case review is free, too
- Devoting ourselves solely to personal injury cases, meaning we are not distracted by other types of cases or clients
- The fact that Attorney Kaine has a proven track record of success, as demonstrated by his membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Allowing clients to navigate the legal system as smoothly as possible so they have one less thing to worry about as they recover from their injuries
For a free legal consultation with a boating & watercraft accident lawyer serving Covington, call 404-214-2001
Damages for Boating Accident Personal Injuries in Covington
You could seek a settlement or jury award that compensates you for every financial, physical, or psychological loss you suffered due to the accident. Common examples of boating accident damages that we fight for include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Scar tissue
- Property damage
- Medical expenses
- Loss of wages and benefits
- Loss of employment
Covington Boating & Watercraft Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Damages for Boating Accident Wrongful Deaths in Covington
If you have lost a loved one in a boating accident, we are sorry for your loss. Our Covington wrongful death lawyer can assist you with your case, giving you the chance to fight for justice on your deceased relative’s behalf.
A fatal injury could entitle your family to compensation for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of companionship. This is in addition to any damages your loved one never had the chance to pursue for themselves prior to their death.
Click to contact our Boating & Watercraft Accidents lawyers today
Liable Watercraft Accidents Parties in Covington
Everyone involved in the care and keeping of watercraft—from boat and marina owners to the maintenance staff—has a duty to behave reasonably and lawfully at all times. If they fail to do so, they could be liable for any boating accidents that result from their negligence.
Below are a few of the more common acts of carelessness that can lead to watercraft accidents:
Operating a boat is just as big a responsibility as driving a car. It is, therefore, just as important that boat operators:
- Avoid drugs and alcohol while behind the wheel
- Never go so fast that they risk losing control
- Monitor the environment for nearby people and vehicles and for changing weather
- Keep the boat in good condition and avoid using it if something is wrong with it
Poor Boat or Dock Maintenance
Even if a boat operator does everything right, they may be put at risk by a mechanic or maintenance team that fails to do their job. For instance:
- A mechanic may not inspect the boat as carefully as they should and end up missing a critical problem
- A dock owner may allow their property to fall into disrepair
- A dock maintenance team may not fix all of the property’s issues in a timely fashion
- A mechanic or maintenance team may repair something incorrectly, with improper materials, or in a sloppy way
Product Manufacturer Negligence
Whether you are buying a new boat or building materials for a dock, you have a right to expect that your purchase is of good quality and has been tested and double-checked for possible issues. A manufacturer could make themselves liable if they:
- Use improper or substandard materials in the product’s construction
- Fail to warn customers of possible hazards (e.g., on a warning label)
- Fail to recall a product that they know could be dangerous or that has already caused accidents
- Do not run proper quality assurance tests before selling the product
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Deadlines in Your Covington Boat Accident Case
After a boating accident, financial damages are available to you for a limited time. Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you must file your case within two years of the date you were injured. This same deadline applies to wrongful death cases.
If you miss this deadline, even accidentally, you could be giving up the money you and your family need to pay bills and support your usual lifestyle. Kaine Law encourages you to start your case by contacting us right away so that we have as much time as possible to fight for your rights.
Call Our Attorneys Serving Covington for Boating Accident Help
At Kaine Law, we care about your recovery. Let our Covington boating and watercraft accident lawyer make your life easier by dealing with the insurers and pursuing fair compensation. To get started, call today so we can give you a free case review.