After an accident with a jet ski, you could be facing high medical bills, a prolonged absence from work, and significant physical pain and discomfort. If your accident occurred in or around Covington, a lawyer from Kaine Law can assist you with your claim or lawsuit.
With our help, you would not have to worry about dealing with the insurance company or any legal matter by yourself. Our Covington personal injury lawyer would be proud to champion your rights and fight for justice on your behalf.
Jet Ski Accident Compensation and Your Covington Case
Georgia law understands that people who cause accidents through negligent or reckless behavior should pay for the harm they inflict on others. For this reason, O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33 gives accident survivors like you up to two years from the accident date to start a legal case.
Below are a few examples of the types of damages you can collect after a jet ski accident:
This may be your most immediate concern after a jet ski collision. If your healthcare coverage will not pay for all of your treatment, you can ask the liable party to pay for things like:
- Diagnostic testing
- Physical therapy
- Psychiatric treatment
Physical and Mental Suffering
Your injuries have caused you unnecessary pain and stress. No dollar amount can fully make up for this suffering, but you can use compensation for injuries like the following to make sure your family is comfortable and provided for:
- Temporary disabilities, e.g., bone fractures, mild concussions, lacerations
- Permanent disabilities, e.g., paralysis, amputation, brain damage
- Emotional distress
- Being unable to take care of yourself and your family to the extent that you used to do
Loss of Income or Employment
If you are your family’s breadwinner, you are likely already worrying about how your injury will affect your ability to continue in that role. As part of your legal action, you can ask the at-fault party to reimburse you for:
- Wages you lost during your recuperation
- Job benefits, such as health insurance or retirement plan payments, that your injury has cost you
- Income that you will be unable to earn in the future due to continued injury symptoms
- Any additional vocational training you need to qualify for a new position
Was your jet ski damaged or even totaled because of the accident? Did a jet ski hit your boat and cause damage that you need to have repaired? Either way, a lawsuit could get you the money you need.
For a free legal consultation with a jet ski accident lawyer serving Covington, call 404-214-2001
Our Accident Attorneys Work Closely With Covington Clients
At Kaine Law, we understand that you may have conflicted feelings about hiring our Covington jet ski accident lawyer. On the one hand, you want to retain control over your case. On the other, you may not have the stamina or the knowledge to bring your case to a satisfactory conclusion by yourself.
Our personal injury lawyers are prepared to offer you the best of both worlds: you can continue to direct your case while we advise you of your options and take care of the daily tasks that go into pursuing a claim or lawsuit.
We Build and Fight Your Covington Case
We can perform all of the tasks required to complete your case, including:
- Collecting evidence from a variety of sources to make your casefile as persuasive as possible
- Filing and receiving paperwork
- Speaking with the other parties on your behalf and relaying messages between you and them
- Negotiating for a fair settlement if possible—and taking your case to court if necessary
We Put Jet Ski Accident Clients First
Kaine Law has decades of experience with personal injury clients like you. In that time, we have determined that it takes more than just performing legal tasks to provide clients with the service they deserve: we need to look out for your needs as well. Even as we work hard to fight a case, we help put our clients at ease by:
- Listening attentively to everything you have to say
- Updating you frequently as your case proceeds through the legal system
- Charging nothing for the initial consultation
- Charging nothing at all until you receive your money
- Responding to your concerns and inquiries in a timely and helpful fashion
Covington Jet Ski Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Preventing Jet Ski Accidents in Covington
Multiple parties must work together and independently to make jet skiing safe for everyone. If even one of these parties decides not to behave reasonably, they put everyone involved—including themselves—in jeopardy.
Some of the most common liable parties in jet ski accidents include:
Anyone who operates a jet ski, a boat, or another type of watercraft should do so with care and consideration for others. They can prevent jet ski accidents by using common sense and remaining alert at all times. They increase the risk of a collision if they:
- Allow themselves to be distracted by other people or their own thoughts
- Use drugs or alcohol before taking control of the vehicle
- Going so fast that they cannot react to hazards in time
- Trying to perform stunts or maneuvers that the vehicle was not intended for
Jet Ski Manufacturers
You picked out a jet ski based on many factors, including how safe you believed it would be when you used it. Unfortunately, some manufacturers try to cut corners at the customers’ expense by:
- Using inappropriate or poor materials when constructing the vehicle
- Not testing the jet ski for safety as much as they should
- Not recalling a jet ski that has been proven hazardous to use
Jet Ski Mechanics
You rely on your mechanic to tell you if something is wrong with your jet ski, to fix any issues to the best of their ability, and to provide routine maintenance. If they fail to live up to these basic requirements, they could be liable for any accidents caused by their negligence.
Click to contact our Jet Ski Accidents lawyers today
Call Our Covington Jet Ski Accident Firm for Help
Your accident has been very difficult to deal with, but fortunately, you are not alone. A Covington jet ski accident lawyer from Kaine Law can make the legal process less mysterious and more accessible. This allows you to pursue the compensation you need without worrying about legal regulations, rules, or fees.