After a car accident in Covington, it does not matter if you get your car fixed or even if the accident was not your fault: your car’s value is diminished in the eyes of potential buyers. Our lawyer helps people like you file claims or lawsuits for compensation based on a vehicle’s lost value.
A Covington property damage lawyer from Kaine Law can manage your entire case from start to finish. We can figure out how much value your car has lost and push the liable party’s insurance company to pay you that amount promptly.
Calculating Diminished Value After Covington Crashes
It is almost inevitable that your car will lose value after a crash, but for how much? It is vital that you calculate this number correctly, or else the insurance company may take advantage of you and try to offer a settlement that does not accurately represent your losses.
Instead of trying to manage your case alone, let our diminished value claims attorney do all of the work for you.
How We Determine the Worth of Diminished Value Claims
There are many factors that go into calculating diminished value. We can select a legal formula that helps us—and any car experts that we hire to assist us—quantify the damage to your car by taking into account the vehicle’s:
- Make and model
- Extent and quality of repairs
- Condition prior to the accident
- Damage sustained in the accident
Can You Be Reimbursed for Repair Expenses?
Yes, if you had to take your car to the mechanic after the accident, you can ask the liable party to pay you back for any repairs done to your vehicle. You could even receive compensation for money you spent on a rental car or public transport while your car was in the shop.
If your car was damaged so badly that it was a total loss, then you can get money to buy a new vehicle. How much compensation you receive depends on how much your car was worth before the accident—a number that we would be happy to calculate for you.
Thinking Beyond Diminished Value Damages
Sometimes, you are lucky enough to walk away from an accident with nothing more than property damage. Other times, the survivor must deal with devastating bodily injuries. If you were injured, our Covington car accident lawyer can seek damages for you, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of income
- Medical expenses
For a free legal consultation with a diminished value claims lawyer serving Covington, call 404-214-2001
Our Covington Firm Cares About Your Diminished Value Claim
Our firm understands that you have already been through a lot and are still reeling from the accident’s aftermath. You might be preoccupied with receiving medical care, dealing with physical or mental injuries, and figuring out how you can fulfill your responsibilities with a damaged vehicle.
With Kaine Law’s Covington diminished value claims lawyer on the job, you would have one less thing to worry about. Our team is proud to handle everything on our clients’ behalf, including:
Building Your Property Damage Casefile
You will need plenty of evidence to prove to the insurance company that their client caused all of your damages. To determine fault after an accident and establish your case’s worth, Kaine Law can gather material from:
- Photos of your car before and after the crash
- Video footage of the accident itself
- Mechanics who have worked on your car both pre- and post-accident
- Bills and receipts you received from the mechanic
- Independent experts who can assess the extent of the damage done to your vehicle and what its value was pre-accident
- The report filed by the responding police officer
Dealing With Car Insurance Companies
Insurers are in business to make money. Sometimes, they try to protect their bottom line by pushing accident survivors like you to take less than you deserve. Other times, they may be willing to negotiate in an attempt to end your case sooner. Either way, we are prepared:
- We can initiate contact with the liable party, their lawyer, and their insurer.
- We can arrange to negotiate with the insurer’s representatives and push hard for the money you need.
- We can tell the insurer that we will take the liable party to court if they do not start cooperating. Sometimes, this is enough to get our client a fair settlement.
- We can represent our clients at trial and pursue a jury award if negotiations do not yield fair results.
Informing and Updating Our Clients
For most people, the law is a confusing, even intimidating system. Though you may be tempted to forego compensation just to avoid having to deal with something you do not understand, there is another option. You can hire the diminished value claims attorneys at Kaine Law to:
- Listen to you as you tell us your story and what you hope to gain through a legal action
- Come up with a strategy for pursuing the compensation you need based on property damage and bodily injuries
- Provide timely and reasonable advice on what legal decisions to make
- Contact you with updates whenever something happens with your case
Covington Diminished Value Claims Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Deadlines in Covington Diminished Value Claims
How long do you have to seek damages for your car’s lost value? That depends on the specifics of your case. For instance, if the damage was caused by a faulty auto part, you may have two years, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. If a state government vehicle hit your car, you may have only one year, per O.C.G.A. § 50-21-26.
One of the first things we do for clients is to tell them which deadline applies to their case and how long they still have to start pursuing damages. The sooner you contact us, the more time we may have to help you.
Click to contact our Diminished Value Claims lawyers today
Our Lawyers Handle Diminished Value Claims in Covington
Call Kaine Law today to find out more about how our services can help you after a car accident in Covington. A diminished value claims lawyer from our office can help you navigate a complex legal process so you can get the money you need—all without charging you anything until you have received compensation.