Drunk driving is illegal in Covington, Georgia. If an alcohol-related accident caused you to lose income and suffer serious injuries, a Covington drunk driving accident lawyer from Kaine Law can fight for you. We can confront the insurance company and negotiate with them to pay you a fair amount for your losses.
Our Covington car accident lawyers want to help you in every way possible. Not only can we protect your rights, but we can also offer you a free case evaluation and our no-fee guarantee: you will pay no attorney’s fees until you have received your settlement or jury award.
Our Covington Team Fights Hard for Drunk Driving Accident Survivors
A drunk driving accident is one of the most frustrating types of accidents to be involved in because it is so easy to prevent by avoiding drinking and driving. Despite this, according to the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)’s 2020 DUI Report by County, 67 Newton County drivers were arrested on their first DUI charge that year.
If you want to pursue a legal case against a drunk driver, as is your right, a Covington personal injury lawyer can help by:
Investigating the Drunk Driving Crash
Before we can file an insurance claim or lawsuit for you, we must know who caused the accident, how it happened, and how it has affected your life. The answers to these questions may seem obvious if a drunk driver hit you, but there are many important details that only a careful investigation can bring to light, such as:
- If there are multiple liable parties you can sue
- If the drunk driver has been convicted of a similar crime before or was driving with a suspended license
- The full extent of your injuries, including if and how they will affect the rest of your life
Negotiating With the Drunk Driver’s Insurer
Insurance companies deal with lawsuits like yours regularly. They know much more about the law than your average citizen, putting you at a disadvantage. Hiring a personal injury attorney can help level the playing field, as we can:
- Handle all communications with other parties
- Explain to the insurance company why you deserve fair compensation—and why the insurer’s excuses for not agreeing to a fair amount are baseless
- Inform you of which settlement offers are fair and, if you want to settle, prepare the agreement for your signature
- Help you decide when and if it is necessary to take your case to trial
Bringing a Personal Touch to Legal Proceedings
With over a decade of experience, Kaine Law is all too familiar with how difficult, confusing, and even traumatizing the legal process can be to an injured accident survivor. Our personal injury law firm wants to make this process as smooth and simple as possible. We can do this because:
- We focus exclusively on personal injury cases
- We genuinely care about you and the outcome of your case
- Attorney Evan L. Kaine is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- We never charge fees unless and until you win your case
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accident lawyer serving Covington, call 404-214-2001
Seeking and Calculating Drunk Driving Accident Compensation in Covington
Per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you have the right to seek fair compensation from a drunk driver, but only if you file your lawsuit within two years. By taking action quickly, you preserve your right to damages.
Below, you will find information on the types of damages you could qualify for after an alcohol-related car accident injury, as well as how a personal injury lawyer from our law firm can determine how much your case is worth.
Economic Damages in Drunk Driving Cases
Accidents can force you to spend money on things you normally would not. Your financial strain may be even worse if your injuries prevent you from working. The at-fault driver should compensate you for everything you have lost, including:
- Lost income and job benefits that support your family and pay for the things you need to maintain your current living standard
- Property damage if your car needed repairs or you had to buy a new vehicle
- Medical expenses related to your accident injuries, including care for both physical and psychological symptoms
Non-Economic Damages in Drunk Driving Cases
You may qualify for this money based on the extent of your physical and emotional injuries. Specific examples include:
- Pain and suffering, including the mental and emotional distress your injuries have caused and/or may cause in the future
- Impaired quality of life, meaning your injuries prevent you from doing the things you normally do, including necessary tasks (e.g., washing dishes) and enjoyable pastimes (e.g., playing football with your friends or children)
- Disabling injuries, including a wound you will eventually heal from (e.g., a broken arm) or a wound that will affect the rest of your life (e.g., paralysis)
Calculating Your Drunk Driving Accident Settlement
Many factors influence how much any given accident victim can receive in damages. Your Covington drunk driving car accident attorney can carefully review these factors and arrive at a fair settlement figure. For instance:
- Someone who had to spend one night in the hospital may get less for medical expenses than someone who needed surgery and stayed in the hospital for a week.
- Someone who suffered a spinal cord injury may get more for disability than someone who suffered a severe muscle strain.
- Someone who will never be able to work full-time again will get more for loss of income than someone who returns to their usual job within a month.
Covington Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Fatal Drunk Driving Accidents in Covington
When you lose a loved one in a traffic accident, you have the right to file a wrongful death claim. We can help you do so by:
- Determining how much you should seek for damages like funeral costs and lost companionship
- Handling your entire case while you take time to grieve and process your loss
- Treating you with compassion and dignity during a very difficult time
Click to contact our Drunk Driving Accident lawyers today
We Want to Help You After a Covington Drunk Driving Accident
For a free initial consultation with a member of our team, contact Kaine Law today. Your Covington drunk driving accident lawyer will not charge any fees until they win financial compensation for you. Our entire legal team can work hard to ensure you get justice after a preventable and tragic accident.