If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a recent Lyft and Uber accident, you could recover the costs of your medical care and more by filing a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. We can help. Our Covington rideshare accident lawyer will take on the insurance company—big or small—and protect your right to financial recovery.
Whether you were a passenger in the rideshare vehicle, an occupant of the other involved vehicle, or a pedestrian, our team at Kaine Law can help you fight for compensation. We listen to your story, collect supporting evidence, and deal with the insurance company so you do not have to. Let our car accident team focus on building the strongest possible case for financial recovery so you can focus on your physical recovery.
How Fault is Determined in a Rideshare Accident
To pursue the at-fault party, our personal injury lawyers can document the following elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The at-fault driver’s responsibility to you
- Breach of duty: Their failure to meet their legal obligation
- Causation: Their action(s) that led to the collision
- Damages: The accident’s financial consequences
We document these elements with a robust collection of evidence and use its weight and substance to steer your case toward a settlement versus a trial.
Your Evidence Collection Can Lead to a Fair Settlement
To bolster and support your case, our law firm builds a compelling case file. We start with your car accident report, which will tell us the following key information:
- Contact details for the rideshare driver
- Police-generated notes and diagrams
- Descriptions of both vehicles’ condition
- Notes on readily apparent injuries
- The accident’s date, time, and location
- Road and weather conditions
We collect statements from any witnesses who came forward and accident scene photos and reconstruction reports. These tell us the accident’s causes and contributing factors. We also collect your medical records from every facility and professional involved in your care. These document the cause and extent of your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accident lawyer serving Covington, call 404-214-2001
Economic and Non-Economic Recoverable Damages After a Rideshare Accident
At Kaine Law, we know how important it is to assign an accurate value to your recoverable damages. Getting the value of your case right prevents you from accepting a settlement that will not adequately cover your post-accident costs. Our rideshare accident lawyer serving Covington will request the following on your behalf:
- Economic damages are tangible and include past and future medical bills, treatment-related travel expenses, and assistive medical devices. They also include past and future lost wages, loss of future earnings, and property damage, destruction, or diminished value.
- Non-economic damages are intangible and can be challenging to substantiate on your own. They include physical disability, impairment, or disfigurement. They also include physical and emotional pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life. Our legal team will collect your written prognosis and other documents that support their value.
- Wrongful death damages for the families of car accident fatalities include the decedent’s funeral and burial expenses. They also include the loss of your loved one’s income, domestic contributions, companionship, guidance, and support.
We take time to carefully assess your damages by creating a detailed list of your expenses and losses. We also collect evidence that supports the value of your case, including medical bills, car repair or replacement estimates, and proof of income.
Filing Your Covington Lawsuit Based on Georgia’s Statute of Limitations
The personal injury or wrongful death statute of limitations is generally two years, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33. The statutory clock starts running:
- On the date of the accident in personal injury cases
- On the date of demise in wrongful death cases
If the filing deadline expires, you could inadvertently forfeit your right to recover damages. Avoid this costly outcome. With enough notice from you, our rideshare accident attorney works hard to meet all notification and filing deadlines.
Covington Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How the Drivers’ App Status Affects Insurance Coverage
After an accident, the driver’s on-app or off-app status determines which insurance company we pursue for financial compensation. If the driver signed out of the app at the time of the accident, their private insurance may cover your losses. If the driver was on the way to a passenger or transporting one, the rideshare company’s insurance may provide coverage.
When our law firm accepts your case, we work hard to determine which insurance company to pursue. We also do all of the following to support your case:
- Investigate the cause of the accident
- Calculate your potential damages
- Canvass for photos and video footage
- Complete and submit insurance claim forms
- Provide ongoing updates on your case
- Represent you in court if necessary
Our law firm handles all verbal, written, and electronic communication related to your case. We send a demand letter to the insurance company and handle the back-and-forth process of negotiating a favorable financial settlement.
Our History of Five-Star Reviews From Satisfied Clients
Our law firm is passionate about pursuing compensation for injured parties. When they talk about our commitment to outstanding support, previous clients say:
- M.T.: “I was involved in an auto-accident…[and] decided to contact Evan Kaine. He…understood that my first priority was to take care of the medical expenses…and he completely delivered…Evan Kaine gives lawyers a good name.”
- B.S.: “Evan Kaine is a great attorney who kept me informed on all activity regarding my case. Always willing to go the extra mile to put me at ease…I have recommended him to several friends and will continue to do so. Overall great legal service.”
We work hard to make every injury case a priority. Read additional reviews on our testimonials page and see why clients recommend our law firm.
Click to contact our Rideshare Accidents lawyers today
Call for Your Free Rideshare Accident Case Consultation Now
If you or someone you love was injured in a collision involving a rideshare vehicle, we can help you recover financial compensation. Our Kaine Law team will investigate your accident and negotiate a favorable financial settlement on your behalf.
Get started today by contacting our case evaluation team to find out how hard our Covington rideshare accident lawyer will fight for you.