Recovering from a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can take months or years or have a lifelong impact. It can also come with a tremendous cost. If you or someone you love sustained a TBI because of negligence, you can recover this cost. Our Covington traumatic brain injury lawyer will prove the cause of your injury and identify and pursue the at-fault party for financial compensation.
You and your family should not experience financial hardship because of someone else’s negligence. At Kaine Law, we never stop fighting for what you need to start rebuilding your health and life.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
Serious, life-changing accidents can happen in a flash and have catastrophic consequences. OurCovington personal injury lawyerhelps TBI victims hurt in the following types of negligence-based accidents:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicyclist accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Dog bites or attacks
- Golf cart accidents
- ATV accidents
- Boating accidents
- Train accidents
- Slips and fall accidents
- Product liability cases
- Workplace injuries
- Wrongful death
The evidence we collect will help us prove how your injury occurred and identify the person or entity who bears financial liability.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
TBI can have more than one meaning. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a diagnosis of TBI can include:
- Moderate TBI
- Complicated TBI
- Closed TBI
- Open TBI
We will obtain your medical, rehab, and therapy records to understand your exact diagnosis, its extent, and your prognosis, as well as assess the costs of your current and future treatment plan.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Covington, call 404-214-2001
Compensation You Can Recover After a TBI in Covington
A TBI can have lost-lasting financial consequences. These are the responsibility of the at-fault party. We document their negligence—duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages— with a hearty evidence collection. It may establish your right to recover the following damages:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Past, present, and future income loss
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
If a loved one succumbs to a traumatic brain injury, your family could recover wrongful death damages. Our law firm will request compensation for the costs of your loved one’s funeral and burial. We may also explain which family member can recover wrongful death damages and the time the state allows for such legal action.
We Can Help You Avoid a Potentially Costly Delay in Filing Your Lawsuit
The majority of cases like yours are settled out of court based on the evidence. If your case has to go to court, you must file your lawsuit according to Georgia’s statute of limitations.
In general, O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 gives you:
- Two years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit
- Two years from the date of a loved one’s demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit
The injured party’s age, certain actions the at-fault party took, and various other factors can alter the statute of limitations. The best way to understand the filing deadline, its importance, and its impact on your case is to let our legal team handle it for you.
With enough notice from you, we can work hard to meet the filing deadline and avoid the costly consequences of filing your lawsuit too late.
Covington Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
How Our Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Supports Your Covington, GA, Case
Whenever possible, our law firm works hard to resolve your case with an out-of-court settlement. To steer your case in that direction, we build a robust case file and take all of the following steps to bolster your case:
- Conduct an independent investigation
- Obtain and review your accident report
- Read and review your medical records
- Calculate the financial value of your case
- Handle all case-related communication
- Complete and submit all paperwork
- Answer your legal questions and concerns
- Provide ongoing updates on your case
At Kaine Law, we care about every client we serve and work hard to give each case the care and attention to detail it needs and deserves.
The Importance of Creating a Robust Evidence File
Your accumulated evidence tells the story of your accident. The evidence we collect for you will aim to prove the accident’s cause and its costs. It will include:
- Accident or incident reports
- Medical records and bills
- Accident and injury photos
- Rehab and therapy records
- Work and salary history records
- Accident scene reconstruction
We may also consult medical experts and TBI and related specialists. Our goal is to create an evidence collection that drives your case toward a financial settlement rather than a trial.
Five-Star Reviews From Previous Injury Clients
Our law firm works hard to make every client a priority. In online reviews, previous clients say the following about our team:
- J.B.: I needed a strong, trustworthy lawyer with a national reputation. Evan came to my hometown and fought the good fight.
- M.M.: Evan Kaine got me a settlement when my old attorney couldn’t. He went the extra mile for me.
- D.G: After being hit by a wrong-way driver, I hired Evan to represent me in a lawsuit…he set realistic expectations and got me a great settlement. Evan is the bulldog you don’t see coming.
Our testimonials page is packed with additional reviews from previous clients that give you insight into what it means to receive attentive, communicative legal service and care.
Click to contact our Traumatic Brain Injury lawyers today
Get a Free Review of Your Covington TBI Case
If you or someone you love suffered a traumatic brain injury in a negligence-based accident, our team at Kaine Law can help. We will review your accident report and medical records and handle the settlement negotiation process.
Contact our team today and see how our Covington traumatic brain injury lawyer will go to bat for you.