Riding a jet ski is a thrilling experience. But a split second of someone’s negligence can turn an exciting adventure into a catastrophic memory. Most jet ski accidents are preventable and occur due to inexperienced boat and watercraft operators and rental companies that do not properly maintain their equipment.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a jet ski accident, a Stockbridge personal injury lawyer can assist you with seeking compensation for your losses from those accountable for the accident. A settlement could help pay your medical bills and other expenses as you attempt to move your life forward after the wreck.
A Stockbridge Jet Ski Accident Lawyer Can Explain Which Damages You Can Seek
Jet ski accidents can affect your life with various injuries and other losses. Our personal injury team members will discuss your case with you to understand how the accident has affected your life. This step is necessary to identify the full range of losses we will pursue through a jet ski accident claim.
Once we identify the damages associated with your jet ski accident, your Stockbridge jet ski accident attorney will assign a value to each loss and calculate the total value of your claim.
Here are some examples of damages you may receive compensation for:
- Medical costs: Your medical expenses may include doctor bills, hospital visits, ambulance rides, diagnostic tests, medications, imaging scans, physical therapy, and more.
- Lost wages: You may have to miss work because of your accident-related injuries. The at-fault party may compensate you for the income you forfeited.
- Diminished earning capacity: The injuries you sustained in the jet ski accident may force you to obtain a low-paying position that better accommodates the effects of your injuries. If this happens, the at-fault party may compensate you for your reduced earning potential, lost bonuses, and other missed opportunities.
- Out-of-pocket expenses: If you had to purchase any items such as medical equipment or mobility assistance devices such as crutches or a wheelchair, you might be able to recover the costs of those devices.
- Pain and suffering: The accident has likely caused you to suffer debilitating physical and mental distress. You may recover compensation for these damages.
- Wrongful death damages: If a loved one succumbed to their jet ski accident injuries, the surviving family members might be able to recover costs for funeral and burial expenses, loss of companionship, pain and suffering, and more.
During your initial consultation, our team members can give you an accurate view of the exact losses you can seek compensation for.
For a free legal consultation with a jet ski accident lawyer serving Stockbridge, call 404-214-2001
How a Stockbridge Jet Ski Accident Attorney Can Help You
Your Stockbridge jet ski accident lawyer and the rest of our legal team have decades of experience representing victims of jet ski accidents who have suffered harrowing injuries from someone else’s misconduct.
While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our team will work to build a strong case for you. Here are some ways we may serve you:
- Conduct a thorough investigation to uncover the root cause of the jet ski accident
- Gather evidence that demonstrates all the claims made in your case
- Identify all liable parties
- Calculate your claim’s value
- Accurately complete paperwork and submit the documents to liable insurers
- Communicate with the parties involved, including the at-fault party’s legal representation
- Diligently negotiate with insurance companies for fair compensation
- Represent you in court if needed
Our comprehensive legal services allow you to take care of your health and attend to other personal needs while we use our extensive experience and resources to give your case a solid chance for a positive outcome based on the facts.
Stockbridge Jet Ski Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
Your Jet Ski Accident Lawyer in Stockbridge Will Tell You if Multiple Defendants Are Involved
If someone acted negligently or failed to exercise proper care, you may file a claim or lawsuit against them for the jet ski accident. In some cases, multiple defendants may have played a role in the accident.
Once your jet ski accident attorney in Stockbridge fully understands your case’s facts and circumstances, we can confirm whether we can approach more than one defendant for compensation.
Possible liable parties include:
- Jet ski operator
- Jet ski passenger
- Jet ski rental company
Kaine Law will collect evidence to prove the negligence of each party involved in causing you harm. Such evidence may include accident reports, medical documents, accident-related photos and videos, and witness statements.
Using available evidence, your Stockbridge jet ski wreck attorney will aim to prove:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached their duty of care
- The breach caused the accident
- You suffered injuries and other losses in the accident
Click to contact our Jet Ski Accidents lawyers today
Georgia Gives You a Short Timeframe to File a Jet Ski Accident Lawsuit
Sometimes, liable insurance companies may not agree to reasonable compensation despite rounds of aggressive negotiations. If this occurs, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the defendant. However, you have a limited time to do so.
In Georgia, you generally only have two years to file your lawsuit, according to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. We recommend that you call Kaine Law immediately so a Stockbridge jet ski accident attorney can begin investigating your case and collecting evidence before time runs out.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Jet Ski Accidents in Stockbridge
Jet ski accidents may happen due to:
- A driver operating a watercraft at excessive speed
- Reckless driving
- Inadequate experience or training
- Poor weather or water conditions
- Defective equipment
- A fire or explosion
If you were involved in a preventable jet ski accident that resulted from someone else’s negligence, let us help you hold them accountable for their misconduct.
Speak With a Kaine Law Representative to Start Your Jet Ski Accident Claim
If you or a loved one was injured in a jet ski accident, contact Kaine Law to schedule a free case review with a member of our team.
During your consultation, we will review your case, explain your rights and legal options, verify the validity of your case, and explain how we will work to achieve the best possible outcome.