Kaine Law understands personal injury law. We know the ins-and-outs of the financial recovery process, which involves negotiating with insurers and litigating cases. A Smyrna lawyer from our team that handles motorcycle accidents is prepared to advocate for your legal rights.
Injured motorcycle claimants generally have two years to file lawsuits, as explained under O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. This makes prompt legal action important; if the timeline runs out on a case, you could be unable to attain compensation for your damages.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a motorcycle accident, you have options. However, you must act promptly to maintain them.
Is It Worth Getting a Lawyer from Our Firm on Your Case?
Money is often at the forefront of injured people’s minds after a motorcycle accident. While you are incurring medical bills, lost wages, and other associated losses, you may have concerns about how much it costs to work with our team.
We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning:
- Our clients do not pay anything upfront for us to get started on their cases.
- We take cases based on their ability to succeed, not on clients’ ability to pay for representation.
- You do not pay our attorney’s fees if we do not win your case.
We encourage you to look at our client testimonials online. We have recovered millions for our clients since we began serving injured people in Georgia.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Smyrna, call 404-214-2001
How Much Can I Get for My Damages?
We really cannot provide an accurate answer as to how much you can get for your accident-related damages without examining your case first. In general, you can recover compensation for a host of losses related to your accident and injuries.
The value of your damages (and therefore, how much you can expect to receive) will depend on the following:
- The types of injuries you suffered, along with their severity
- The value of your financial losses
- Whether you lost a limb or were otherwise left disabled by the crash
- The extent of your property’s damage
How long it will take to resolve your case is an entirely different matter altogether. Kaine Law can provide a personalized answer to this question after talking to you about your case. You could recover compensation anywhere from a few days to a few years after filing your claim; it all depends on your situation.
Do I Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Serving Smyrna for My Case?
We want to be one hundred percent honest with you; you do not technically need a lawyer to handle your motorcycle accident case. If you handle your case on your own, though, you would solely be responsible for:
- Proving the cost of your damages
- Negotiating a settlement
- Dealing with the insurance company, the other party’s legal team, and anyone else involved in your case
- Calculating the cost of your damages
- Understanding the laws surrounding your case, including the statute of limitations
- Determining and establishing the cause of your accident
Partnering with Kaine Law can afford you an array of benefits. Not only can we handle all of these obligations on your behalf, but we can also address any obstacles that impede the progression of your claim or lawsuit.
We Can Determine the Liable Parties in Your Case
The U.S. General Services Administration Office of Motor Vehicle Management (GSA) says that over 98% of collisions are due to human error. Contributing factors in these types of accidents include distracted driving, speeding, and intoxication.
Kaine Law can decide who is responsible (or liable) for paying your damages. We will review the accident report, talk to witnesses, and consult with experts to make this determination.
Some liable parties in your case could include:
- Another motorist. The Office of Commissioner of Insurance and Safety Fire (OCI) says that all drivers in Georgia must have auto insurance. We could file a claim with the liable motorist’s insurer to recover the cost of your damages.
- The city, county, or state. Various government departments are responsible for maintaining the integrity of Georgia’s roadways. If a pothole, uneven pavement, or unclear road markings contributed to your accident, you could hold one of these parties liable for your losses.
- A vehicle or parts manufacturer. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has recalled over 350 million vehicles in the past 50 years. If a defective component of your motorcycle caused you to get hurt, you could recover compensation through a product liability claim.
Kaine Law can determine who should pay for your losses. Once we make this determination, we can chart a course of legal action that could award compensation for your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Constitutes a Fair Settlement in Your Case
Again, we cannot provide an exact value without reviewing your case and calculating the cost of your damages. Ultimately, what constitutes a fair settlement in your case is an offer that pays for all of your collision-related damages.
Your insurance settlement or court award should pay for the following (if they pertain to your circumstances):
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Property damage expenses
- Loss of future earning ability
- Medical bills, including those that you will incur in the future
- Diminished quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Funeral expenses
You could also recover an expense called “loss of consortium.” This damage is awarded to people who have had a motorcycle accident negatively impact their marriages.
Call Kaine Law Following a Motorcycle Accident in Smyrna
We understand that you still may have many questions about the viability of your personal injury case. Kaine Law is willing to answer all of them.
When you call (404) 214-2001, you will begin a free case review with a member of our staff. You can ask us about the details of your case, the cost of your damages, and how long you have to file your prospective lawsuit.
In pain? Call Kaine Law. A lawyer serving Smyrna familiar with motorcycle accidents could help you.