If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in Smyrna, GA, you could be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries, losses, and damages caused by another driver’s negligent driving.
Pursuing compensation is not always straightforward. Many factors can add complexity to the legal process. Our car accident lawyers can clarify your legal options, help you optimize your claim, and avoid common mistakes that could adversely affect your settlement offer.
Get Legal Help for Your Car Accident Claim or Lawsuit
Speak with a lawyer at Kaine Law if:
- You were in a car accident and suffered injuries.
- Your vehicle sustained damage in your car accident.
- You are worried about paying for your treatment and losing time from work.
- You are unsure about the value of your case, including any future care costs.
- You are unsure how to negotiate with insurance companies.
- You need help gathering evidence to support your case.
- You are looking for practical support to manage your case’s paperwork.
The responsive team at Kaine Law is always on hand to answer your questions and address your concerns about claiming compensation if you would like a free case evaluation.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Smyrna, call 404-214-2001
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help after Your Accident
When pursuing compensation from a negligent driver in Georgia, you will need to prove the other driver’s negligence and fault to be successful in your case. A car accident lawyer can help you by:
- Investigating the circumstances of the accident and gathering evidence
- Proving the other driver is responsible for your injuries
- Estimating the current and ongoing costs of your care needs and rehabilitation
- Negotiating with insurance representatives on your behalf
- Protecting you from tactics used by insurers to refute blame for the accident
- Reviewing settlement offers made by an insurer to ensure they are fair
- Taking your case to court, if necessary
Along with helping you navigate the complex legal issues present in car accident claims, we can provide the resources to secure a fair resolution.
Smyrna Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
The Different Types of Compensation Available
Depending on the circumstances of the accident and the severity of your injuries, we can help you pursue compensation for some (or all) of the following:
- Hospital and doctor’s bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Current and ongoing care
- Cost of medication
- Lost wages
- Any impact on future earnings and benefits
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Other costs related to the accident
Click to contact our Car Accidents lawyers today
Deadline to File Your Lawsuit
Under O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you have two years from the date of the accident or when injuries were discovered to begin a lawsuit. Typically, if the time limit expires, it is unlikely you will be able to seek damages. A car accident lawyer at Kaine Law can help you stay informed about any law changes that can affect your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Establishing Liability for a Car Accident
A car accident claim must establish these four things to be successful:
- The defendant had a duty of care to drive safely
- The defendant drove recklessly or carelessly (i.e., was negligent)
- The defendant’s negligence caused your accident and injuries
- You experienced losses because of your injuries
Our lawyers build evidence-based cases to prove the other driver caused your accident. We gather evidence such as police reports, eyewitness statements, photographs and video footage, and more. We may even work with accident reconstruction specialists and other expert witnesses who can help prove what caused the accident.
Causes of Severe Car Accidents
Negligent driving happens when a road user’s careless or reckless actions cause injuries to another motorist, passenger, cyclist, or pedestrian. A driver can be negligent when they do something they should not have done (or fail to do something when they should have done).
Common examples of careless driving include:
Many behaviors contribute to distracted driving, such as texting or using a smartphone, using in-car entertainment systems or route planners, eating or drinking, worrying about problems, and speaking to passengers. It only takes a few seconds of driver inattention to cause a significant collision resulting in serious injuries.
Driving While Intoxicated
Drivers under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or medication are responsible for a significant number of severe car accidents in Georgia, and can change another person’s life in a heartbeat. Driving while impaired affects:
- Risk assessment
- Speed control
- Ability to maintain lane position
- Driver alertness
Due to these effects, many collisions involving a DUI motorist result in more serious injuries.
Reckless driving covers a wide range of negligent actions. Typical examples of this include speeding, failure to obey traffic signs and signals, and running lights or stop signs. Other occurrences of this include:
- Failure to yield to other road users
- Traveling in the wrong lane
- Illegal overtaking
Kaine Law Offers Comprehensive Support for Every Step of the Way
Our proven track record of success stems from our commitment to our clients and the community. We have obtained millions of dollars on behalf of injured people whose lives have been adversely affected by negligent motorists’ reckless behavior. We want to help you too.
Talk to the Kaine Law team today and get a free initial consultation by calling (404) 214-2001.