Because motorcycles are not enclosed like other vehicles, riders are vulnerable to serious and fatal injuries in a crash. These injuries can affect every aspect of your life. You may have thousands of dollars in medical bills with no way to pay them. You might have lost your job and could be unable to care for or even pick up your children. While no amount of money can make up for your experience, a settlement will help cover your expenses and losses.
Let a College Park personal injury lawyer from our team fight for you. The Kaine Law team will build a robust case to get you what you deserve.
What Our College Park Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Will Do for You
Our job is to take the burden of an injury case off your shoulders. We want you to focus on your health and recovery and not on how to make someone pay for your injuries. When you work with our team, we will handle the following:
- Gathering evidence of your damages and the other party’s negligence
- Determining the value of your case
- Communicating with all involved parties, such as the other party’s insurance company
- Negotiating a fair settlement
- Preparing your case for trial
What You Can Do to Protect Your Case
While our team handles the legal burdens, you can do a few things to protect your case:
- Get medical care. Having a doctor examine you after your accident can help you protect yourself physically and financially. You receive the treatment you need and also link your injuries to your accident.
- Follow your doctor’s orders. After receiving medical care, be sure you follow your doctor’s orders. If you stop treatment or skip appointments, the insurer may claim you are uninjured or that you are contributing to your injuries.
- Avoid speaking with the insurance adjuster. Soon after the accident, you will likely receive a call from the other party’s insurer. We recommend that you only discuss basic information with the adjuster, such as when and where the accident happens. It is very easy to say something the adjuster can use against you. If they ask further questions, direct them to your lawyer.
- Do not post about your accident on social media. Any social media post you make can jeopardize your case. The insurer can use anything online against you.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving College Park, call 404-214-2001
What Awards Can You Pursue After a Motorcycle Accident?
Compensation for your injuries fall into two primary categories:
- Economic damages – Medical expenses, vehicle repairs, and other costs related to your accident can pile up fast. Economic damages recoup your out-of-pocket expenses, including past and future medical bills, rehabilitation and long-term care services, medications and medical equipment, lost wages, household services, and personal property damages.
- Non-economic damages – Severe injuries can take a toll on your physical, mental, and emotional health. Non-economic damages compensate victims for intangible losses caused by their injury, including awards for depression, sleeplessness, chronic pain, stress, anxiety, and loss of the ability to participate in activities and hobbies you used to enjoy.
Wrongful Death Cases in College Park
Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents are often deadly. If you lost a loved one in a fatal crash, a representative of their estate can seek compensation on behalf of the estate and its beneficiaries. These damages may include the deceased’s medical bills, lost wages, and other losses stemming from their motorcycle accident.
The deceased’s surviving spouse, children, or parents (in that order) can pursue additional awards for the loss of their loved one’s care, support, and companionship through a wrongful death claim. They can also pursue the value of wages, earnings, and benefits the deceased would have earned had they lived.
College Park Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-214-2001
We Have Recovered Millions of Dollars for Georgia Accident Victims
Motorcycle accident attorney Evan Kaine and his team have multiple decades of combined experience standing up for the rights of injury victims from across Georgia. We have won multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for clients hurt in vehicle accidents, including several six-figure motorcycle accident cases.
- $650,000 for a motorcycle accident victim
- $500,000 for a motorcycle accident ankle injury
- $500,000 for a motorcycle accident caused by a failure to yield
- $450,000 for a motorcycle accident
We believe that legal help should be available to everyone. If you choose our firm, we will charge you nothing up front. We only collect a fee only if we win compensation for you.
Click to contact our Motorcycle Accident lawyers today
Motorcycle Accidents Can Be Disabling or Deadly
Motorcycle accidents often cause serious injuries. During our time handling motorcycle accident cases, we have seen all the following:
- Spinal injuries
- Broken or crushed bones
- Loss of hearing or vision
- Back or neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Loss of a limb or body part
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of mobility or paralysis
- Road rash
- Organ damage or internal bleeding
Our College Park motorcycle accident lawyers can help you seek compensation for your medical bills and other losses. Our legal team can navigate your insurance claim or lawsuit and fight for a fair settlement for your damages – leaving you free to focus on your health and your family.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
If Another Party’s Negligence Caused Your Accident, They Should Compensate You
If your College Park motorcycle accident resulted from another party’s dangerous or reckless actions, they should be responsible for your damages. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Drunk driving
- Following too closely
- Passing a motorcycle too closely
- Improper turns
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Faulty road design
- Dangerous road conditions, such as potholes, broken road surfaces, or broken traffic lights
- Defective brakes, tires, lights, or other vehicle equipment
- Lane splitting (illegally passing or riding alongside a motorcycle in the same lane)
Our personal injury attorneys can help you collect evidence and prove fault for your accident. This includes gathering medical bills and records, interviewing eyewitnesses, and consulting with experts about your case. We will pursue compensation from all those liable for your injuries, which may include one or more of the following:
- Another motorcyclist
- A passenger vehicle driver
- A truck or commercial vehicle driver
- A motorcycle or vehicle manufacturer
- An auto parts manufacturer
- A government entity or private roadway owner
Georgia Is an At-Fault Insurance State
In Georgia, drivers must carry liability insurance to pay for accidents they cause. According to the Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner, all motorists must have $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident in bodily insurance liability, and $25,000 in property damage liability. Drivers can also carry optional, additional policies to pay for damages to their own vehicle (comprehensive/collision coverage) and accidents caused by underinsured/uninsured motorists.
We can file an insurance claim against the at-fault driver and help you negotiate a settlement with your insurance provider if you have applicable policies. We will communicate with insurance agents on your behalf and fight for fair compensation. If we cannot achieve a settlement award, we can file a lawsuit against the liable party.
If you must go to court, you typically have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death case, according to O.C.G.A § 9-3-33. If your suit is against a city, state, or local government, you may have less time. A personal injury lawyer from our firm can tell you more and help you act before the statute of limitations expires.
The College Park Area Has More Motorcycle Accidents Than Anywhere in Georgia
College Park is in a region with the highest rate of motorcycle accidents in the state. According to the 2019 Georgia motorcycle traffic safety fact sheet published by the Georgia Department of Driver Services, there were 510 motorcycle crashes in Fulton County, which encompasses part of College Park. Of these, 115 resulted in suspected severe or fatal injuries to the motorcyclist.
One of the reasons for the high occurrence of accidents in the region is College Park’s proximity to Atlanta, also located in Fulton County.
Additionally, the city houses a portion of the Hartsfield – Jackson Atlanta International Airport and is the location of a merger of Interstates 85 and 285.
Call Kaine Law Today for Help from a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
At Kaine Law, we take care of every detail of your insurance claim or lawsuit so that you can concentrate on getting better. Let us talk to the insurance companies, manage your paperwork and deadlines, and fight for a fair settlement so you can turn your time and attention to healing and caring for your loved ones.
Call us at (404) 882-2967 for a risk-free, no-cost case review. A member of our team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and tell you more about how our College Park motorcycle accident lawyers can help you get the compensation you need.